Requesting Runewarden Logs

2»

Comments

• edited August 2013
    Because it'd be great to have more new combatants, after picking up on the basics you can PM and I'll be glad to discuss some higher level Runewarden tricks, defensive strategies etc but there aren't too many for this class. I won't spoonfeed tricks though, I'll mainly share some hints/tips.
  • Given how many people apparently can't survive runewarden damage with silly fast rapiers and prefarar, not sure why you'd tell the poster of the thread that it's not a legit strategy.

If you want interesting logs, that's one thing. Useful logs tend to not be very interesting, I'm afraid.
  • Anedhel said:
    Given how many people apparently can't survive runewarden damage with silly fast rapiers and prefarar, not sure why you'd tell the poster of the thread that it's not a legit strategy.

If you want interesting logs, that's one thing. Useful logs tend to not be very interesting, I'm afraid.

It's useful, but not really foolproof or very fun.   I usually tell younger runewardens to practice with curare/prefar only or epseth/epteth only while they're learning to count limb damage up reliably, but after they can do that,  kelp stacks, learning how to stack venoms in a way that you can actually get something to stick, etc... is much more fun.

There are also a lot of little "tricks" and such that can sometimes be pulled off with a little luck that are fun to use just for the lulz.

Going to have disagree with Ellodin on the 0 practice though.  You can sit around theorize about combat all you want, but unless you've tried it several times and learn how to recognize bad situations, etc...  it's probably not going to work the first time.

• Yeah. Fight 'til your fingers don't tremble when you're fighting anymore.

(I sincerely hope I'm not the only person this used to happen to)
  • You're not, and I'm pretty sure I look like I'm having an epileptic seizure when I'm going for a dsb, even when I know I have the fight won.
  • Yeah, I get that problem too.
  • I got that when  I came back from being dormant for a few RL months.

Once you get into it, and realize xp comes back and goes away with nearly the same frequency, (provided you don't suicide a lot), it gets a lot less nerve-wracking.

• Been a loooong time since that happened to me.

Still, I do remember it. These days, sometimes, though, during a really, really good and complicated fight, I find myself holding my breath without realizing it though :D
  • Yeah, freakin Rampages, still have to soak my hands in hot water before/after.
    I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • First world problems.

• I bite the shit out of my cheeks.
  • I watch tv
  • I watch my bugged hp drop against bugged damage and just watch man vs food or game of thrones instead while holding down aeon for seftin. Occasionally I look back to embrace death or move and HUMAN again. Occie too easy to automate.

/Thread
  • Worst aeon monkey ever.
    @jovolo
  • Seftin said:

Worst aeon monkey ever.
    @jovolo

Monks can't afflict with aeon.