Peircing Horns (Get Your Mind Out of the Gutter)

2»

Comments

• So their points were even more moot then? Who cares if any race has an extra slot or two if it's really only cosmetic? I don't see why the 'bonus slots for race' can't be tied to race..
    ~
    You close your eyes momentarily and extend the range of your vision, seeking out the presence of Drugs. 
    Though too far away to accurately perceive details, you see that Drugs is in Mhaldor.
  • Jonners said:
    So their points were even more moot then? Who cares if any race has an extra slot or two if it's really only cosmetic? I don't see why the 'bonus slots for race' can't be tied to race..
    No, she was pointing out that your "not earring slots" aside doesn't make sense, because earrings can be used in any piercing.
  • And the answer to the second question? What does it matter if it's only cosmetic except for Sinope whores.
    ~
    You close your eyes momentarily and extend the range of your vision, seeking out the presence of Drugs. 
    Though too far away to accurately perceive details, you see that Drugs is in Mhaldor.
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    It's also restricted to a race that you want that happens to be gender specific.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Kyrra said:
    The trait only doubles rings and non-earring jewelry I thought?
    I honestly don't have a clue, don't have it >.>
    meh

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    @Trilliana, the amount of piercings you have doesn't change but I believe it doubles the slots available for rings, necklaces, bracelets, and all the rest.

@Taraus can probably verify. ( Pretty please ? )
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• TarausTaraus The Gypsy Wind
    edited September 2013
    No, ear piercings cap at 5 each, everything else pierce-able can only be done once/carry one piece of jewelry.

(And for the record, I'm not entirely satisfied with the trait, because it does only double slots, so the cap is -two- necklaces, which... Tart should be wearing WAY more than that.)

• Kyrra said:
    It's also restricted to a race that you want that happens to be gender specific.
    We were talking about rajas, xorans, and atavians appendages too.
    ~
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    I once dated a guy that had so much metal in his face, going anywhere near the airport was all sorts of fun.

Where does one draw the line? I can understand the cosmetic side of things, but it's just going to end up being ridiculous. Something like piercings should be the same across all races. There's nothing wrong with the current options, and people have always been free to add things into their description.

Have you ever seen Rakon? That guy is a walking suit of armour without worn items. Ever taken a perv at Mizik? (I swear I only look at see if he has runes!) but he does similar. It's a fantastic way to add things to your character beyond the basic limitations, it helps give a character depth beyond treating them like a clothes prop to play dress up with.

I'm sorry, but I just don't see the need to add in racial specific piercings.

• Bet you're jealous of mhuns now. We get pierced in unconventional places all the time.

I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • Yes, it's obviously possible to do this in your desc, Jonners has done this since ever all most. I still want it and don't see why not,
    ~
  • edited September 2013
    I think the problem here is the coding. @Jonners wants to specify piercings where currently, are none.

Any reason there can't be a lil more flexibility with piercing locations? For example, default is 5 for ears? So what if Jonners wants to move an ear slot to a horn slot? Or what if @Aepas wants to exchange an ear slot in order to pierce that pesky third nipple?

Can this be done?

If so, are people willing to pay CREDITS for it?

Hmm...

Miin-aan baash kimini-sij-i-gan bitooyin sij-i-gan-i bukwayszhiigan = blueberry π
  • that seems like it would work, but still seems like the advantage would be super small. It seems like the only race that would have a good spot by default is satyr, and everything else would be kinda iffy/require admin oversight to implement effectively. Basically, it seems to me that the amount of work that would go into making such a system work would be way to high for the number of people that it would seriously benefit.

Still seems to me the above proposed system would solve for a lot of the presented problems, though

• What do the admin care if some atavian pierces their wings or a raja their tail in ten places? It's all cosmetic. The idea about replacing a slot isn't bad. Just make sure that the slots allowed to be changed are race specific. 

How is there a problem coding race specific things that don't apply when you're no longer that race? I just don't understand your reasoning that this would be difficult to code.

I personally see it as adding one additional slot, tied to race, that is your horn/tail slot or whatever. Then all restrictions can work around the bonus slot.
    ~
  • It's still easily done with your DESC. Heck, if there weren't actual PIERCINGS, I'd have earrings in my description. NBD
    meh

• Trilliana said:
    It's still easily done with your DESC. Heck, if there weren't actual PIERCINGS, I'd have earrings in my description. NBD
    What is NBD?
    Tvistor: If that was a troll, it was masterful.
    I take my hat off to you.
  • Sylvance said:
    Trilliana said:
    It's still easily done with your DESC. Heck, if there weren't actual PIERCINGS, I'd have earrings in my description. NBD
    What is NBD?
    @Sylvance: NBD = No Big Deal

• Trilliana said:
    But then I don't get the actual physical jewellery to play with and showoff.
    ~
  • My earlier post was minorly misunderstood. My suggestion was NOT race-specific. It was simply for flexibility, so that the description of where a piercing was, exactly, could be customised BY AN INDIVIDUAL.
    Miin-aan baash kimini-sij-i-gan bitooyin sij-i-gan-i bukwayszhiigan = blueberry π
  • Jonners said:
    Trilliana said:
    But then I don't get the actual physical jewellery to play with and showoff.
    You mean, you'd have to emote like you already do? >.>
    meh

This discussion has been closed.