Make Gleam More Fun

2»

Comments

• Sarapis said:
    There used to be third party messages to gleam withdrawl. Perhaps they were removed because they were spammy and annoying, I have no idea - was when I was gone. I'm pretty sure when I put it in, withdrawl would have you doing things like begging random people for money if you had none in your inventory, head twitches, and that kind of thing.

Gleam is an RP aid, not a combat tool though.
    And the man has spoken. Nobody corrected me though, was it true gleam used to give a speed boost to balance? or am I remembering it completely wrong?
    Replies the scorpion: "It's my nature..."
  • I think it added a point to dexterity or something. That's what I distinctly recall.
  • Correct, Eurulis.
  • Make it randomly remove half of thespacesand line breaks from anything you write, and occasionally insert random tangents and stream-of-consciousness diatribes.

So turn you into Xeno?

• Snow blossom is  a drug @_@ no wonder my char has been having problems with people because of it.
  • "Please give people incentive to abuse hardcore drugs."

Things you can only say in Achaea forums.
    I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • Also since forestals can harvest weed, I still maintain that alchemists should be able to create gleam. They practically work in meth labs anyway.
  • I'd rather alchemists got something more original, and more comparable to weed (primarily for flavour, no real advantages or disadvantages).
  • FitzFitz Fire and Spice
    Xenomorph said:
    I think bad publicity in the short term that got some form of media attention would attract long term interest in Achaea. Its happened before, and it caught attention that Im sure pulled at least one new player in. In Mhaldor, that means something. Every Achaean player is a valued commodity that we should all be more mindful of. The event trigger we are looking for is not a drug, it could damage the company which is not desired. It should spark controversy by highlighting a social issue to a magnitude its making waves. In the end, have IRE absolved of all blame by citing it as a player ran scheme that will cool the press yet yield the bennies. The objective is then achieved. ~4 fall men will be forever shrubbed, only to be reborn anew in a now swollen Minia with 4000 credits apiece, anonymity, and a wink from a thankful cloud that listened to the wisest of men.
    So...what...you want to start Goonswarm in achaea?

• I don't think I've laughed so hard at a thread in years.
    "Trust in me, Universe, I will deliver / the promise that no-one shall ever / set their mind to games or play / for Serious Order is the way. I will not rest until it is done; / rules will be made for everyone. / They will know Order and its graces - and just like me, all shall be Greyfaces." - The Heroes of Sapience, Act 5, Greyface.
  • edited September 2013
    Xenomorph said:
    I think bad publicity in the short term that got some form of media attention would attract long term interest in Achaea. Its happened before, and it caught attention that Im sure pulled at least one new player in. In Mhaldor, that means something. Every Achaean player is a valued commodity that we should all be more mindful of. The event trigger we are looking for is not a drug, it could damage the company which is not desired. It should spark controversy by highlighting a social issue to a magnitude its making waves. In the end, have IRE absolved of all blame by citing it as a player ran scheme that will cool the press yet yield the bennies. The objective is then achieved. ~4 fall men will be forever shrubbed, only to be reborn anew in a now swollen Minia with 4000 credits apiece, anonymity, and a wink from a thankful cloud that listened to the wisest of men.

How will the game world finally end? It is my job to predict the unthinkable. To treat the deaths of a billion alts as a game. After 10 years of this, I was numb. Until a new question crossed my mind. What happens after the end of the game? Every two or three buildup events, some alien god devastates all life on Sapience. But life goes on. And what little remains is made less whinier. Put simply, game world destruction is an unpleasant but necessary part of evolution. What happens then, I wondered, when mortalkind faces the next end of the gameworld. I looked to Shallam, now known as Targossas... a thriving city rebuilt from the ashes, monuments to the unimaginable, dedicated to the concept of hardcore Good. It occurred to me here that megazaps might have a place in the natural order. But only if it could be controlled. Only if it touched every living soul equally. May there be conflict in Achaea.

• Synbios said:
    Xenomorph said:

How will the game world finally end? It is my job to predict the unthinkable. To treat the deaths of a billion alts as a game. After 10 years of this, I was numb. Until a new question crossed my mind. What happens after the end of the game? Every two or three buildup events, some alien god devastates all life on Sapience. But life goes on. And what little remains is made less whinier. Put simply, game world destruction is an unpleasant but necessary part of evolution. What happens then, I wondered, when mortalkind faces the next end of the gameworld. I looked to Shallam, now known as Targossas... a thriving city rebuilt from the ashes, monuments to the unimaginable, dedicated to the concept of hardcore Good. It occurred to me here that megazaps might have a place in the natural order. But only if it could be controlled. Only if it touched every living soul equally. May there be conflict in Achaea.
  • AmunetAmunet Spokane, Washington, USA
    Xith said:
    Also since forestals can harvest weed, I still maintain that alchemists should be able to create gleam. They practically work in meth labs anyway.
    Heisenberg has been Reborn in the Flame!

My avatar is an image created by this very talented gentleman, of whose work I am extremely jealous. It was not originally a picture of Amunet, but it certainly looks a great deal like how I envision her!