Skills you have that you'd love to see changed!

Comments

• Ugh. @Daeir, I'm sorry, but you're wrong and that's painful advice to give out. Those Monks are successful because they have so many damn artefacts. @Chapel's suggestion is pretty bad, but he also isn't wrong. Getting a level two will only work on the brain dead. As punch damage is not variant other than artefacts, as rapiers and blademaster stances are variant, it is simple to track the limb damage on it. Sneaking in a level one alone can be difficult on more cautious/experienced fighters. Monk damage is ridiculous yes, but there has always been a huge disparity between unartefacted and artefacted, almost equal to serpents, and yes I'm serious. I doubt there will be a change to that status quo, and you'll get better or artied eventually, Chapel. It's still effective!

@Strata having fought both Kasa and chapel several times, Chapel most definitely doesn't need to and also shouldn't seek out Kasa for advice...
  • edited September 2013

Nemutaur said:
    Antonius said:
    Would mainly be useful against Jesters with the shackle of Garash artefact, since it would be forced, unremoveable mass and prevent them from using balloons.
    Don't you guys have Devo force? give the guy a vial and force him to apply...
    Man I wish i could force mass. Making lead targetable is less powerful than force and I think is a good suggestion
  • Chapel said:
    I would like to see BBT instakill if the target has four broken limbs, thank you
    break limb cripple bbt kill, no way
  • Restore.

(If BBT did no damage. Which it wouldn't if that was implemented, but why turn it into vivisect? Haha. It'd be more useless that way!)
  • StrataStrata United States of Derp
    @Jovolo I think you're just blinded by artiewhores. Sure, some classes do very well unartied and there are others less fortunate. 
    " ... Monk damage is ridiculous yes, but there has always been a huge disparity between unartefacted and artefacted, almost equal to serpents, and yes I'm serious ...."
    I don't understand what you meant by this. Monk damage is manageable. Denex damage might not be manageable... but that's Denex. :)
    Please clarify what serpent had to do with that - did you mean to say unartied serpents vs. artied serpents are a huge disparity? Because there's several different styles of serpents and groups of artefacts that facilitate each style of play.

• lol @ last paragraph

Yeah he was probably talking about not Thoth's Fang, you penis
  • Pffh, the talisman of obfuscation is way more important!
  • I classleaded a nechamandra change already. It's still to be seen what becomes of it.

Colocasia/oleander can be situationally useful to use on yourself/an ally. Limb damage venom: well, would definitely be fun, but it would definitely have to stay unenvenomable (consider limb damage arrows) and might have some other problems too. Personally, I might prefer a limb damaging dirk-pommel strike.

Jpk is definitely annoying. Not only because of its offensive potential, but also because a monk leaning entirely on jpk combos means that when you want to stab/hypnotise, he's often either out of the room, or you're stunned.
  • Puppet/Vodun Puncture: The anorexia from the skill is unreliable and it costs 4x more than imbibe (which is 100% reliable assuming no shrugging). It'll also do some torso damage but since only the bleeding has any relevance to both shaman and jester tactics, it's been completely underwhelming. Change it to have a chance to give impaleslash instead of anorexia - at least then it'd have some potential use in bleed tactics to justify the cost, pls. :)>-

Pranks Firecracker: Once upon a time it was needed for puppet obliterate, but now it's just a wasted slot. Perhaps let it be jester-only and act like a mushroom sigil that can be strapped onto mice.

Giraffes: A great skill to hate since it pigeonholes jesters into one style of rp (retarded silliness). If it's going to stay, at least expand it to include other animals with 1 minor bonus depending on the animal made. Lions, tigers, and bears, oh my.

• Limb damage venom on a class that has Impatience would be insanely OP.

• edited September 2013
    Arador said:
    Limb damage venom on a class that has Impatience would be Bards, sentinels, and druids are insanely OP.

• Serpents are in a good spot right now anyway. Only thing I can see them needing is a better answer to getting vitrified. Bards, however, are just stupidly op right now.
  • Daeir said:
    I'd like nechamandra to be more useful outside of a way of using it to disrupt via chilling for a proper lock. It currently relapses into blindness (what) which I think is a bug, but if it's effect relapsed properly and applied a chill each time, I think this could open up some really cool ways of playing with it.

I'd also like to see things like oleander and colocasia made useful outside of their almost-never-used support roles. Making anyone but an Apostate blind is usually a bad idea since it helps them more than it hurts them.

A part of me really wonders what it would be like if we had a venom for Serpents only that did limb damage.

Also, jumpkick needs changing. Denex's jumpkick hits me for 52.8% health (including combo) which is more than a truename and requires absolutely nothing to pull off.
    I dont think it would be fair to non artied monks to nerf one of the most useful tools in their aresenal. Jumpkick is the only thing I can use to get there health low enough to pull off bbt's :(

All I've had today are six gummy bears and some scotch
  • edited September 2013
    Iocun said:
    Arador said:
    Limb damage venom on a class that has Impatience would be Bards, sentinels, and druids are insanely OP.

You forgot shamans and monks, @Iocun.
  • archery skills for BMs.
  • Alchemists don't need to really force mass. Pretty obvious the idea behind it is to eliminate escape tactics. Not sure why you guys specified it's to fight "Shackled" jesters either. The shackle is only controlled mass. Jester's without shackles would be stopped, as would anyone else who can't use their escape while massed. I think it's fine as it is since homonculus block is wickedly effective, up there with gavehands/peity in effectiveness and it steals balance when fails+ causes bleeding if vitrified(and you will be). So, hell no to that, it's  giving alchy a mobile killroom basically if you can't even fly out of it. Fly = tentacled tumble = braziered. Just fight smarter and pay attention to your environment. Displace to indoors rooms.. etc. 
  • Alchemist is unbeatable.
  • KatzchenKatzchen Mhaldor
    edited September 2013
    Kaie said:
    Alchemists don't need to really force mass. Pretty obvious the idea behind it is to eliminate escape tactics. Not sure why you guys specified it's to fight "Shackled" jesters either. The shackle is only controlled mass. Jester's without shackles would be stopped, as would anyone else who can't use their escape while massed. I think it's fine as it is since homonculus block is wickedly effective, up there with gavehands/peity in effectiveness and it steals balance when fails+ causes bleeding if vitrified(and you will be). So, hell no to that, it's  giving alchy a mobile killroom basically if you can't even fly out of it. Fly = tentacled tumble = braziered. Just fight smarter and pay attention to your environment. Displace to indoors rooms.. etc. 
    No one said anything about preventing flying. You can still fly by any other means that mass allows - atavian, dragon, flying mount, ring of flying, morphs. That balloon trick with the shackle is overpowered. It's not just alchemists that have trouble with it, but pretty much everyone.

Honourable, knight eternal,

Darkly evil, cruel infernal.

Necromanctic to the core,

Dance with death forever more.

• edited September 2013
    Tarkanian said:
    archery skills for BMs.
    Would be willing to sacrifice Doya AND Shin Burst for this.

ETA: Eff you, quotes.
    Tvistor: If that was a troll, it was masterful.
    I take my hat off to you.
  • Sylvance said:
    Tarkanian said:
    archery skills for BMs.
    Would be willing to sacrifice Doya AND Shin Burst for this.

ETA: Eff you, quotes.
    i'd like to clarify that i didn't mean a whole slew of new archery skills, maybe a lesser version of what knights have. but, eh.

would be extremely nice, though, if i can use my bow not just for meteors.
  • Katzchen said:
    Kaie said:
    Alchemists don't need to really force mass. Pretty obvious the idea behind it is to eliminate escape tactics. Not sure why you guys specified it's to fight "Shackled" jesters either. The shackle is only controlled mass. Jester's without shackles would be stopped, as would anyone else who can't use their escape while massed. I think it's fine as it is since homonculus block is wickedly effective, up there with gavehands/peity in effectiveness and it steals balance when fails+ causes bleeding if vitrified(and you will be). So, hell no to that, it's  giving alchy a mobile killroom basically if you can't even fly out of it. Fly = tentacled tumble = braziered. Just fight smarter and pay attention to your environment. Displace to indoors rooms.. etc. 
    No one said anything about preventing flying. You can still fly by any other means that mass allows - atavian, dragon, flying mount, ring of flying, morphs. That balloon trick with the shackle is overpowered. It's not just alchemists that have trouble with it, but pretty much everyone.
    Yeah but that's like <insert class> is overpowered with torc of telepathy. Whether it was intended or not, some arties actually do give too much power just cause somebody had money. Ring of flying is actually a good example.
    On people that use normal-speed flight, I can drop a timed butterfly bomb for 8-9 seconds and wind jitb. They'll fly around 6 seconds and get knocked right back down. With ring of flying they can fly and move an extra room to dodge the bomb.

But since people paid and blah blah, they can't go back on it now. Or won't. So yeah arties make people overpowered.
    But just console yourself in the knowledge that anyone who uses shackle+balloon is a chicken shit.
    I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • Noosing could be reworked to kill targets below. Still prevented by breathing.

Slitting.... there is probably some way to exploit this. Don't change it until I mess with it.

Voyria would be nice if we had some skill to accelerate it. Maybe scytherus's blood thinning could allow voyria to take hold faster.

Execute is awesome for flavor, though. I don't know how you would change it.

• Wormhole kill skill plz!

• edited September 2013
    I'll take a class who can truelock over a class who can't but has three different main killing options any day. Nothing's as fun as locking.
  • StrataStrata United States of Derp
    Daeir said:
    @Synbios: something like a "blanket" aff like whisperingmadness which prevents voyria from being cured until it is cured, or forces voyria to be a herb cure for a short duration - and I mean short, 8-10s short, instead of the ridiculousness that is apostate stain persisting for a minute and a half. So something basically happens where a serpent sets you up for a voyria kill, starts it off, and then what both you and he do in the next 10 seconds determines whether you live or die.
    but.... if I wanted to kill people like that I'd just be an occultist?
  • Iocun said:

I'll take a class who can truelock over a class who can't but has three different main killing options any day. Nothing's as fun as locking.

Yeah.. our kill method is locking. we have plenty of ways to kill once they are locked, so it's not really an issue.

• Lol. It'll be a "new original idea" when the next classlead comes out and then again when the following one is released ;)
  • I would like to see some variations in Chivalry so people can sword and board or viably ruh a 2 hander.