Artefact Bows Nerf - Announce 3940

124»

Comments

• Mizik said:
    I'm like 90% sure being blind no mindseye will make you hit never.

They should have taken the Zen Archery major trait - You may shoot arrows as though you had Chivalry/Subterfuge Wind, but you must be blind and without mindseye defense.

• Not tested. Offhand thought from years of leap/evade/travel out after being blown up in a skirmish into sniping.
  • TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
    Borran said:
    I always thought sniping increased damage.. but if it's just accuracy, it seems a little trivial now, except that I can snipe without aiming. Shooting people dead with absolute precision with my eyes closed.
    Increases accuracy and hides the name of the shooter, yes.
  • Tecton said:

Borran said:

I always thought sniping increased damage.. but if it's just accuracy, it seems a little trivial now, except that I can snipe without aiming.

Shooting people dead with absolute precision with my eyes closed.

Increases accuracy and hides the name of the shooter, yes.

I forgot that was even a issue. My bad. :-P

• Borran said:

I always thought sniping increased damage.. but if it's just accuracy, it seems a little trivial now, except that I can snipe without aiming.

Shooting people dead with absolute precision with my eyes closed.

FYI Arditi has sniped with one eye for the past 10 IG years.

• Arditi said:
    I always thought sniping increased damage.. but if it's just accuracy, it seems a little trivial now, except that I can snipe without aiming. Shooting people dead with absolute precision with my eyes closed.
    FYI Arditi has sniped with one eye for the past 10 IG years.

A real deadeye marskman.

• Bows are lame

Santar cried for so long to get it nerfed so that nobody but him could snipe 100% without losing anything

haha santar 

HATES YOUU!

All I've had today are six gummy bears and some scotch
  • So now that meteors have been nerfed as well... can we please have that refund option on bows/shooting? It is next to useless to be able to use my bow in dragon now. Breathstream is better damage over time than breathstream + bow with the accuracy, even with it's slow speed.

350cr wasted, and it'll cost me even more to upgrade to Lupine eventually. :(

Honourable, knight eternal,

Darkly evil, cruel infernal.

Necromanctic to the core,

Dance with death forever more.

• You can upgrade from shoot ranger to non-shoot lupine, so it doesn't affect anything in the long run.

In the short run, Meteors are just as good as they ever were, but you can no longer 'raid' or 'defend' from 20 rooms away.
    Cascades of quicksilver light streak across the firmament as the celestial voice of Ourania intones, "Oh Jarrod..."

• Jarrod said:
    You can upgrade from shoot ranger to non-shoot lupine, so it doesn't affect anything in the long run.

In the short run, Meteors are just as good as they ever were, but you can no longer 'raid' or 'defend' from 20 rooms away.
    You can... how? I only just upgraded to velocity before the update, and I don't have the credits to upgrade to Lupine now, but I don't see anything in the artefact upgrade scroll that says you can do that.

• You can probably do it through ingame commands, but I don't know what they are.

Message @Tecton once you have the credits if you can't figure it out before then, he'll help you.
    Cascades of quicksilver light streak across the firmament as the celestial voice of Ourania intones, "Oh Jarrod..."

• TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
    Jarrod said:
    You can probably do it through ingame commands, but I don't know what they are.

Message @Tecton once you have the credits if you can't figure it out before then, he'll help you.
    Yep, just drop and email to artefacts@achaea.com, and I'll sort you out!
  • No @Katzchen, trade in your bow! Let's have some grand melee smash-fests
  • Rangor said:
    No @Katzchen, trade in your bow! Let's have some grand melee smash-fests
    Hey, I melee a fair bit! But I'm not trading it in! :P