Peircing Horns (Get Your Mind Out of the Gutter)

Can satyrs please be able to have their horns pierced?

P.S.- I would have just idea'd this but I liked the discussion title. :P
~
You close your eyes momentarily and extend the range of your vision, seeking out the presence of Drugs. 
Though too far away to accurately perceive details, you see that Drugs is in Mhaldor.

Comments

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    I will happily pierce your horns if you give me a drill.

*drill sound*
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • Doesn't seem like it'd be worth the effort to code this, given that it's for a) one race, and b) probably only one person of that race. Can't you just use emotes and add it to your desc?

• FitzFitz Fire and Spice
    Penwize said:
    I don't know, I'm skeptical.  Satyr and Sirens are sort of opposites, so if you give horn piercings to Satyr you'd have to give Sirens the same treatment to keep things equal.  The most obvious Sireni features are already piercable, so what does that leave you?  Satyr "horn" piercing and Sireni vajazzling.  I, for one, would spare Achaea such a fate.
    You haven't met Alrena yet, have you. Not to call anyone out, but she walks around with a proudly displayed, brightly blue died...I think you get my point.

• I thought that was Raelynn with the blue funny business.

• FitzFitz Fire and Spice
    I think you're right. My apologies to Alrena.

• Tramp stamps. @Penwize.

• What's wrong with piercing tails or wings? If satyrs and rajas were real I could totally see some of them sporting jewellery in those places.
    ~
    You close your eyes momentarily and extend the range of your vision, seeking out the presence of Drugs. 
    Though too far away to accurately perceive details, you see that Drugs is in Mhaldor.
  • Fitz said:
    I think you're right. My apologies to Alrena.

It's alright! Alrena looks fairly plain on purpose, she has no tattoos! NO idea how you mixed them up, though.
  • Jonners said:
    What's wrong with piercing tails or wings? If satyrs and rajas were real I could totally see some of them sporting jewellery in those places.
    actually, I'd suspect that tail piercings would suck. I can't think of any tissue there that would be particularly pierceable

• I'll be sure to try and pierce my dog's tail and let you know how that goes.

• Nakari said:
    Jonners said:
    What's wrong with piercing tails or wings? If satyrs and rajas were real I could totally see some of them sporting jewellery in those places.
    actually, I'd suspect that tail piercings would suck. I can't think of any tissue there that would be particularly pierceable
    Xoran's can have tails that would be fine for piercing. Also, imagine it's a jaguar or lion's tail, not a domestic cat. It might not be humane in reality but Achaea is... ya.
    ~
  • Please no. Just no. -_-
    meh

• I'm not for this idea, but I gotta say that every time I see this thread title on the home page, I think of Peirce.

pierce, their, weird, glacier, science, forfeit, heinous
    And as he slept he dreamed a dream, and this was his dream.
  • My main character is a Grook. What extra stuff am I going to get pierced on him?
    Just a Grook, member of House Mojushai and proud citizen of Cyrene.

- 2013/09/14 10:48:03 - Yxty says, "I will think about that while i punch this sheep."
  • Your bulbous eye.
    ~
  • throat? webbing?
  • Gurren Lagan?
  • I will attempt to slip the term 'vajazzling' in regular conversations from now on.
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    Piercings are pretty equal across all the races as they are. What happens if someone with horn piercings ends up reincarnating to another race? Or owns a gem?

As cool as it could be, I think I have to agree that you should just add it into your description if you want something like that. It's not really practical, especially with things like earrings of Sinope. Pretty much everyone is stuck with the same amount of piercing slots and that ought to remain balanced.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Aepas was born with the birth defect of a third nipple and I can not get that pierced.
    Replies the scorpion: "It's my nature..."
  • Kyrra said:
    Piercings are pretty equal across all the races as they are. What happens if someone with horn piercings ends up reincarnating to another race? Or owns a gem?

As cool as it could be, I think I have to agree that you should just add it into your description if you want something like that. It's not really practical, especially with things like earrings of Sinope. Pretty much everyone is stuck with the same amount of piercing slots and that ought to remain balanced.
    When you reincarnate any pierced places that no longer exist cause any jewellery there to fall into your inventory. Seems simple enough. You can't tell me a few extra piercing slots (not earring slots) will break combat.
    ~
  • Jonners said:
    Kyrra said:

When you reincarnate any pierced places that no longer exist cause any jewellery there to fall into your inventory. Seems simple enough. You can't tell me a few extra piercing slots (not earring slots) will break combat.
    Not how it works/how it's coded. It's not coded by race- it's a person, that's how the code works. A person (unless they have that trait, I think it is) has a set amount of piercings they can get. The deciding factor is is A a person-- if == yes then piercings == x else if == no then piercings == 0 (yes, my coding is bad, but I think the point is made.)
    meh

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    The trait only doubles rings and non-earring jewelry I thought?
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• ShirszaeShirszae Santo Domingo
    Jonners said:
    Kyrra said:

Also, any piercing slot can be used for earrings. Its not limited to your ears or anything like that.

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

This discussion has been closed.