Skills you have that you'd love to see changed!

Comments

• You assume melee exists in group combat LOL
  • Daeir said:

What? You prop when they're about to enter, wait for them to hit the totem, then drop the totem, pull out your rapiers and start stabbing people.

Jovolo said:

You assume melee exists in group combat LOL

You prop, enemies will never engage in melee because they can see you holding it. Then you LoS the totemist. Walls go up. Turtle party!

• Synbios said:
    @Mako: I bet if Lead were an offensive ability, there would be a lot of warcries and echos that eventually lead to this distillation: "Eat lead, punk!". 
    I love it
  • I think targettable lead would be an interesting addition, but I want to know what strategy would that help with?

• Would mainly be useful against Jesters with the shackle of Garash artefact, since it would be forced, unremoveable mass and prevent them from using balloons.
  • Antonius said:

Would mainly be useful against Jesters with the shackle of Garash artefact, since it would be forced, unremoveable mass and prevent them from using balloons.

Sounds like a good idea!

• FitzFitz Fire and Spice
    Borran said:
    Would mainly be useful against Jesters with the shackle of Garash artefact, since it would be forced, unremoveable mass and prevent them from using balloons.
    Sounds like a good idea!

Gesticulating wildly before you, the alchemist shrieks something about lead at you.
    You crash to the floor, unable to bear the weight of leaden ass anymore.

• Antonius said:
    Don't you guys have Devo force? give the guy a vial and force him to apply...
  • Lead is an alchemist ability, alchemists don't have devotion force (or any force abilities).
  • edited September 2013
    I think it would be nice if classes started fighting with melee from adjacent rooms. Lunge and jumpkick would need to get needed to implement it, but I have always thought someone using a spear should be attacking from a greater distance than someone with a dirk. And rites/harmonics/vibes seem really redundant. why not have one affect adjacent rooms? Or have I've directed in a certain direction? just something a little more flavorful than the cookie cutter classes we have now.

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida

Harmonics you can send into the next room already.

Rites would propably be too OP if this was allowed (much as it sounds fun). Not too sure on vibes.

And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • Yes for sending retardation to your enemies without moving yourself!
  • I think there should be more viable adjacent attack methods that don't involve moving into the room with your opponent, and with toward your kill method instead it'd just being a damaging attack . people either fight face to face, use room attacks, or it comes down to a ranged fight.

I guess just an adjacent kill method would be what I'm looking for.

• Like old Sentinel axestun? Yeah, that was totally balanced.

Being able to attack from adjacent rooms might sound cool in theory (it doesn't to me, personally), but in practice it's fucking awful.
  • Agreed. That and the inevitable "haha, my spear is THIS long" jokes would be horrible.

i'm a rebel

• FitzFitz Fire and Spice
    Tesha said:
    Agreed. That and the inevitable "haha, my spear is THIS long" jokes would be horrible.
    Spears are for weaklings anyways. Now a pike, that's a big, long manly weapon!

• axestun was not a problem with being adjacent, it was the fact that it stunned and it was based on weapon speed so you could permastun to death with a simple reflex.

• Iocun said:
    Yes for sending retardation to your enemies without moving yourself!

I like this idea! 

>:)

• You can already do that with retardation.

JOIN US @Wynedere, and I'll teach you.

JOIN US

• Hasar said:
    You can already do that with retardation.

JOIN US @Wynedere, and I'll teach you.

JOIN US

Get thee behind me, Satan!

• Does Mhaldor has cookies?

• I'd like to see more instantkill abilities in general, with varying requirements for execution. Many classes only have one instakill ability, and I've always liked the idea of being able to work towards one goal, then changing it up on your opponent and switching to a different one. Like the way Priests can go for Judgement kill, and then switch to Absolve kill. (I don't see many people going for judgement kills nowadays, but it was the first class that came to mind).

• Has any of the devs responded to any of this yet?
    Just a Grook, member of House Mojushai and proud citizen of Cyrene.

- 2013/09/14 10:48:03 - Yxty says, "I will think about that while i punch this sheep."
  • I would like to see BBT instakill if the target has four broken limbs, thank you

All I've had today are six gummy bears and some scotch
  • lol, l2 torso breaks
     Like some idiots going to let that happen
     It can be hell to get l1 torso breaks
     and even with l2, thats two bbt's if you dont have arties

• um its easy to get the break, its not easy to get them to not apply to their torso before you can get the legs broken

• additionally, It takes me three bbt's to kill someone with a level 1 torso break. That means, i have to petra break for a kill, or hope that I can enfeeble and they wont just tumble/fly/run out

• StrataStrata United States of Derp
    @Chapel you should actually talk to Kasa IG. He's relatively non-artied and will kick your face in.
    Or... You could think of arties as an investment plan. Buy a shitload of them and never worry about gold or hunting again. You'd numpad-PK your way to dragon in like 2 IRL months.