New York City?

Greetings.

I found this spot tonight. I like this enought that I will be sticking around for a while.

Anyway, any other Achaeans in the metropolitan area?

Thanks and good luck to all,

Thistlemyst

Comments

• I'm not exactly close to NYC, but I'm close enough to it that I can drive/go by bus there in a relatively short amount of time! Nice to know there's another nearby.
  • Sequestered in upstate NY here.
  • There are at least a couple of Achaeans who live in or near NYC, I met them when I was over there at the end of July. I'll let them come along and post if they want to though.
  • Sarapis said:
    NYC is cool but the problem is that there is literally like nothing to do there. 
    Really depends on which part you go to, and who you're with. Well, that could be said for any place, really, but imho NYC has something for everyone.
  • Hookers and Blow. Oh, and Musicals.
  • And the food. The food is great.
  • This is good for morale. It will take a little while while I get my bearings and learn more.
  • Alcinae said:
    Sarapis said:
    NYC is cool but the problem is that there is literally like nothing to do there. 
    Really depends on which part you go to, and who you're with. Well, that could be said for any place, really, but imho NYC has something for everyone.
    I hoped it was obvious I was joking!

NYC is one of the world's greatest cities. When I was starting Achaea, there were only three cities I considered moving to: San Francisco, NYC, and London. I chose SF but could have as easily chose NYC, and I have a good time there every time I visit for either business or pleasure.
  • edited September 2013
    Sarapis said:
    Alcinae said:
    Sarapis said:

When I was starting Achaea, there were only three cities I considered moving to: Shallam, Ashtan, and Delos. 
    Eh? Eh? -winknudge- 

Kidding aside, I like NYC and hope to take it over one day. Until then it is just a place I visit, and not nearly often enough. 

• I live in NYC and @Kard and @Searnla are nearby and we hang out all the time. PM me if you want.

• Apocrypha, Chapter One, v.10: "Who will bring me into the strong city? Who will lead me into NYC?"
  • Absolutely nothing wrong with New Jersey, well at least nothing wrong with South Jersey.
  • Karaoke and clubbing down in lower east side, anyone?
  • Oh, man, how could anyone pick SF over NYC? I mean I guess in terms of cost of living it makes more sense (NYC is the most expensive city in North America, and SF is the second most) but damn, NYC is amazing. And for that matter you might as well move to Berkeley or Oakland which are even cooler and don't feel the settings for any potential Portlandia spin-off. 
  • Sartan said:
    NYC is the home of Sartan. The heathens will convert or be sent to New Jersey.
    NJ is where the weak are killed and eaten.
  • Aegoth said:
    Karaoke and clubbing down in lower east side, anyone?
    Someday, @Aegoth. Someday! 
  • Direv said:
    Oh, man, how could anyone pick SF over NYC? I mean I guess in terms of cost of living it makes more sense (NYC is the most expensive city in North America, and SF is the second most) but damn, NYC is amazing. And for that matter you might as well move to Berkeley or Oakland which are even cooler and don't feel the settings for any potential Portlandia spin-off. 
    Maybe it's just me, but I always loved SF much more than NY. :( I miss Cali in general.
    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
  • Sarapis said:
    Alcinae said:
    Sarapis said:

NYC is one of the world's greatest cities. When I was starting Achaea, there were only three cities I considered moving to: San Francisco, NYC, and London. I chose SF but could have as easily chose NYC, and I have a good time there every time I visit for either business or pleasure.
    You still live in SF today? Are you telling me if I drove 1.5 hours to the Corte Madera IRE location, or wherever it is, I could find a Sarapis?
  • edited October 2013

Freakin youtube video wont post, whatever. Sorry D:
  • Zuko said:
    Sarapis said:
    Alcinae said:
    Sarapis said:

You still live in SF today? Are you telling me if I drove 1.5 hours to the Corte Madera IRE location, or wherever it is, I could find a Sarapis?
    Look for the matrix-like body, and a grey cloak, over some guy in bermuda shorts.
    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
  • SO let's get a New York meet goin, guys. WHat's a good weekend for you? I'm good prettty much after school, so like... maybe the weekend before xmas? Or we could do a New Years Eve meet!
  • I'll be gone right before Christmas, but I could do NYEish.

• edited November 2013
    @Adalie NYE would be awesome. Let's plan for that :) I know some awesome bars/clubs in LES
  • I'm local but NYE...eh
  • Ok guys! December is in full swing. Holiday cheer dominates the world and more booze shall be flowing than we know what to do with. What does this mean!?

Time to schedule our meet for us high-society New Yorkers! I was thinking of Saturday the 28th or (if the majority of you are busy this weekend) the 4th of January. To get a head count, please AGREE to this post if you want the 28th, or LIKE if you want the 4th. Or you could post if you wish to offer other options! Once I get a headcount, I'll see about possible events and venues (ie. wtf we will do).

Let's have awesome holidays, and I look forward to meeting you guys soon :)
  • dunno how to edit, but every year I spend the 20th of dec -24th then 26th-3rd of jan in the city for my birthday festivities. Neutral place should be Koreatown! its walking distance to penn station