And Aepas' story continues

edited September 2013 in The Scarlattan Theatre
So, it was bound to happen eventually. Big thanks to everyone that was there and helped support me in this little transition. Class changing is always a bit fickle in Achaea, but I spent quite some time intertwining class with character on Aepas, so it was very difficult for me to leave it. It kind of messed with a lot of the RP, and in the end I'm saying his powers are sealed and dormant inside of him now, simply promising to not use them again.

I'm sure all them forestals are happy to see me gone, and I know for sure plenty of the Mhaldorians are, but a thanks to all the people who have made Aepas' life as a druid interesting, for better or for worse.

@Gaia
@Delphinus
@Indaba
@Rangor
@Xenomorph
@Ruth
@Sherazad
@Vrah
@Milenka
@Arador
@Vadimuses
@all the other Eleusians that I constantly attacked and belittled because yaknow, evil druid.

You say in a multifarious voice, "Mhaldor, for quite some time you all have known me. Known me as
the last Druid of Mhaldor as I selfishly proclaim myself."

You say in a multifarious voice, "For many years, I have stayed with this body, this mind, and these
powers. I was the protector of the Acites, and the embodiment of our corruption of Shala-Khulia."

You say in a multifarious voice, "And so, I invite all of you who choose to come, to a very special
place. A place of the druids. Will you all accompany me?"

*spam of moving to the Glade of Isolation*

You plant your quarterstaff upright in the dirt, and it is quickly dissolved as your grove is
temporarily moved here.
A fist sigil drops into your hands from the quarterstaff as it dissolves.

You say in a multifarious voice, "Welcome, to my grove."

You say to Vicious in a multifarious voice, "Burn it."

*Vicious exterminates and we blow up a shrine*

You say in a multifarious voice, "Sacrifice is something that not all can truly handle. Many of us
spend our lives in Mhaldor, claiming to do all that we can."

You say in a multifarious voice, "But many, myself included."

You say in a multifarious voice, "Cling to old things, precious things."

You say in a multifarious voice, "Even within the realm of Evil."

You say in a multifarious voice, "I am evidence of this, forever clinging to my forestal nature,
forever embracing a blasphemous life."

You say in a multifarious voice, "I used Shala-Khulia, the corruption of the forest as my scapegoat,
in hopes that I could once again corrupt more forest and rule over it."

You say in a multifarious voice, "As it has been said, I was never a servant to the forest, but it
shall serve me."

You say in a multifarious voice, "Today, I come to break what vows I gave to myself in the past,
seal away my powers and take on the path of a knight."

You say in a multifarious voice, "No longer will I seek to control the forest, but instead
completely devote myself into the ways of evil."

You say in a multifarious voice, "After all, a vow to yourself can only get in the way. All vows are
made to Him, for Him."

You say in a multifarious voice, "Forever I will wear my vines as a curse, as my remembrance of
betrayal to my forestal nature, the destruction of my own grove, and the blasphemies in both realms.
Forest and Evil."

You say in a multifarious voice, "I reject all that I was, and embrace His will, and the will of
Evil."

You drop to one knee before Vadimuses.

You say to Vadimuses in a multifarious voice, "High Lord, may I have the honor of joining the
Maldaathi."

A crimson fog erupts from the ground and begins to circle you, withering the vines clinging to your
body.   <----- Nevermind, I guess I wont be wearing Gaia's thorny vines forever. but what luck! yay Sartan

Ruth says in Mhaldorian in a quiet, contemplative voice, "Serve Mhaldor and the Master well, for in
your strides forward, you progress not only for the Master's sake, but for yourself."

You say in a multifarious voice, "And forever I shall."

Benedominatus Micositu says to you, "I give you this, for it was the best sword I ever forged. May
it serve you better than it did me."

You say to Micositu in a multifarious voice, "Hellz yeah."

Okay, so I didn't actually say that last part. Anyways, thanks a lot to everyone, again and again. I will always miss druid, it's been the most fun class for me by far. This little mini sermon was not so much about what was said, more just me/Aepas finally accepting his change. I've always been a bit of a RP hunter, trying to make my own little story, so that's why I dragged a whole bunch of people with me to watch me change.

anywho, thanks again!

Replies the scorpion: "It's my nature..."

Comments

• Aww keeping the vines would have been pretty cool though as a scar of what Aepas once was and to always remind him of what he should be now. A token of sorts. Hope things work out for you with the new change!
    "Faded away like the stars in the morning,
     Losing their light in the glorious sun,
     Thus would we pass from this earth and its toiling,
     Only remembered for what we have done."

• My weapons are currently growing in the dun swamps. We'll see what they look like when they are finished! XD
  • Or just engrave them into the hilt guards instead of woven. Unless you want to go with the concept of wielding rapiers through thorned vines as a sign of suffering or something.
    "Faded away like the stars in the morning,
     Losing their light in the glorious sun,
     Thus would we pass from this earth and its toiling,
     Only remembered for what we have done."

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    Having been in a position similar to yours, I'm sorry to see you go, but I utterly understand it too. I likely would have done the same thing, and even gave Neraeos the chance to encourage me to do so - it just ended up differently for me, for which I'm thankful.

Best of luck, Knighthood is a fantastic goal and full of all kinds of interesting ideals and lore. I look forward to your continuing story. :)
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • You didnt give me a heads up, thanks :( Congrats though
    I -am- the Cataclysm Switchblade.
  • @Xenomorph I told you when it was going to be!

And thanks for all the support. I am very sad to have done it and would honestly prefer to stay druid. There is a fine line you play IC and OC, and this was one of them. Druid is my favorite class, and it is part of what made Aepas who he is. from an OC standpoint I'd never really let that drop. But ICly, sometimes you have to endure the worst kind of suffering you can imagine. (go team evil) and so, this was it. I wanted so desperately to find another cop out and say I suffered another way, but this was the only way.

But really, anyone that knew Aepas would know that his druidic nature was his weakness and his pride. I was given a very strict sort of guideline and I actually -was- allowed to stay as a druid, but I decided to bite the bullet for the sake of RP and all my allies and mr. Sartan. Though in Aepas' mind, he is still a druid. In fact, he very possibly may still be one. Sometimes, you are gifted with powers... to be a knight, you just need the dedication, faith, willpower, and a good set of armor and swords. Aepas' druidic nature is forever sealed away inside of himself, choosing to master the physical art of combat instead. Who knows, maybe more will come of his bass-ackwards story :P
  • Well, you'll still get a mentor's kind treament. Instead of a stupid custom sword like I got, Ima search my car and find those Burger King coupons I found in my neighbors house while he was out shopping. A fed body is divine! A custom artefact will get you killed IG, because 2/3 of afker's are actually hungry mortals that risk life and limb by going to the refrigerator because their mentor didnt care about them, let alone give them the wholesome training rations I impart to you. As Sarapis created all life, i create all joy. See you in the Guildhall!
    I -am- the Cataclysm Switchblade.
  • I am quite flattered that you went through with all of that, making my impromptu little speech into something like an event!

<3@ruth
  • StrataStrata United States of Derp
    Benedominatus Micositu says to you, "I give you this, for it was the best sword I ever forged. May 
    it serve you better than it did me."

You say to Micositu in a multifarious voice, "Hellz yeah."

=))

Right on.
  • @aepas, about time you bent down and gave in. Now you will follow the accepted RP norm like the rest of us!  >:)
  • AchimrstAchimrst Nature
    edited September 2013
    Rangor said:
    @aepas, about time you bent down and gave in. Now you will follow the accepted RP norm like the rest of us!  >:)
    It's a sad day for inventive/creative RPers everywhere
  • IndabaIndaba Washington, USA
    Oh dang! I always liked my hesitant and awkward RP with the evil druid! Good luck in your new class and I am looking forward to how your story continues.