Relics can't be empowered or have runeblade effects sketched on them.

I could understand not wanting this for rageblade, but as far as I see, Bloodletter really just provides about 50% more bleeding (60 something to 90 something? Was just a quick check. And essentially a level 2 Scim). Although I don't -need- Bloodletter, it would be nice to use it here and there because it exists and is usually unused, but the advantage of bleeding someone more but losing on Pith to help further drain mana or Eihwaz to hide an aff, etc, is not really worth it as far as I can tell.

TL;DR Let us empower or sketch empowerment runes on Bloodletter while we have it in our possession. Y/N?

Comments

• Sure. Let's also make it so relics behind closed doors that are citizen only and a few stacks of guards are also, suitably, changed. The change was meant for relics to not be hoarded.. yet here they be.

Who will win? 1 dragon or a flimsy door.

IDEA is a thing in game that you can use.

• Let's not give people the option to Rune Relics, please. Doesn't make any sense to have those affects on already strong weapons, imho

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • Side note. The fuck is with forum quoting. Why is there just a gigantic white space.

• edited September 2021

I think you mean phased, sitting off guards in an office.

Also this isn't an IDEA, because I don't have an answer. I just see Bloodletter and can't justify using it and was bored at 5am so decided to post about it.

• I agree. I just think Bloodletter is kind of trash and would like it to be useful/worth being in possession of. That's why I mentioned I can understand not doing it on Rageblade. HERE ARE TONS OF VENOMS, SUPER FAST, BUT ALSO SOME HIDDEN.... or... HERE ARE TONS OF SLASHES, SUPER FAST, BUT WITH A BIG F'ING PIECE OF HAIL A LOT OF THE TIME TOO 😅

All in all I would like another idea, but I was just kind of using it as a "Why would I ever use bloodletter scimitar?" Though I -guess- someone without level 2 scims would enjoy the level 2 stats from it. But even then, it's only 1 of your 2 scims.

• The door isn't citizen only, unless someone sneakily added permissions for me in the middle of a fight. Get your grubby little hands off my relics, Arcturus!

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • It's been citizen only since I was Hashani.

I figured I'd try as well! It slammed in my face. (This is the stables door North of crossroads going east.)

• You prism'd in, not walked in. It's Citizen-only as far as I know. Not on guards though as you saw, obviously! I agree this is an issue, but I only started to do it because @Adrik was phased with them in an office so I figured I'd be annoying too.

If we're turning this to a discussion on that kind of stuff though... it'd be nice to have a bit more restrictions like A) Can't be indoors in the city with it maybe? (Unless you were recently attacked or something in the city, could do with aggression timer?). Can't be phased for x consecutive time with it... though people would unphase/phase so this would probably have to be "can only be phased x minutes per hour"

Also, though this is a bit more difficult, it would be really nice to have it not able to be given to a citymate via letting them kill you. If a citymate kills you, they should scatter. This could be problematic in that you just get a friendly rogue or non-citizen to kill you and have your citymate kill them, but I am not sure how that could be preventable.

I am sure there's more ideas people have.

• It's not citizen only to go OUT of it. I opened door west and was instantly pulled onto the guard stack.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Oh that's what happened. I thought you jumped wall and was like "Why?"

• People are non-sarcastically suggesting using IDEAs, ew.

• Not to mention idea would be more like "hey let's do this" when I'm more just "let's not do what is right now but idk what to actually do, let's talk about it, maybe even DISCUSS IT" 🤣🤣 if only there was such a place to discuss things on a board of some type... a forum, one could even say

• Isn't bloodletter supposed to have the stats of a level 4 scimitar (whatever that is)? I swear I read something like that on a helpfile back in the day.

• edited September 2021

Nope, level 3.

It also leaves you in an awkward position where you have one L3 weapon and one, uh, probably not L3 weapon. Not sure if that messes with things any more.

Should make it a pair of scimitars instead.

• edited September 2021

Actually I'd classlead it - that is by far the best way to get anything changed. Most ideas on forums don't get implemented until someone takes the conversation and makes a classlead on it.

The idea itself is whack though. :)

• Bloodletter 65/175/240

L2 scim 60/173/240

L3 scim 65/180/245

Like I said. It's only thing i really noticed was my L2 gave 64 bleed and i think bloodletter have 96. 50% more bleed but no nairat, eihwaz, pith, oe huga

• Plzdontbuffrelicsthankyou

• PlzmakebloodlettermaybefunforDWC

MaybesomehuntingonlybuffthingtomakeupforDWCshithunting

• edited September 2021

DWC doesn't have shit hunting. No knights have shit hunting. Relics really shouldn't be the answer to any theoretical class-wide PvE issues anyways, even if there was one.

• CaladbolgCaladbolg Campbell County TN
    edited September 2021

The real answer here is, Delete Bloodletter or rework it.

It's only good for dwc, except it can't be runed so it's only good for Paladin/Infernal, Which is hardly played especially for dwc.

Which leaves Runewarden and it can't be empowered so it's completely useless.

People are to scared for relics to be empowered.... Which means people don't want rageblade to be empowered. Which doesn't even work with dsl....

And Rageblade is worse on any class that can give impatience to start with..

Earthshaker should be empowerable too.

But really, Earthshaker,Dragon Bow,Soul Finder, Eye of Discord, and Gauntlet of the Roaring wave prob need reworked. as they all kinda suck. Eye of Discord might be fine for the fun rng effect though..

I can use earthshaker and get a free impale as bm but other wise pretty niche,

Soul finder...Why is this a relic could just make it a scrying bowl.

Data prob shows which ones get picked up.

Also, I would like to add in that Bloodletter and Earthshaker are basically just lv2 arties, and picking them up is a good reason for everyone sitting on guards bored to leave and go murder you for fun.

So having them be completely pointless or worse than just using your artifact is seemingly pointless and I really don't understand why anyone would be against runeblades.

And Rageblade (the scary one) Is going to be better in dform than anything else where you get locked in 5-6 seconds with dcurses so what's the big deal?

• You can use Rageblade with snb because it's a longsword. Earthshaker/Gauntlet have group uses that make them niche. The rest are pretty forgettable.

Golden Braid got nerfed into the ground and is mostly ineffective with the gold cap, since you're not getting a ton of extra use out of it.

My biggest issue is that Eq Gem massively benefits eq-based classes/shielding, but there is no relic that boosts balance classes for equity. Rageblade does not fill that role.

• CaladbolgCaladbolg Campbell County TN

Didn't let me use Rageblade with snb last time I tried,

Pretty sure rageblade is a shortsword isn't it?

• edited September 2021

Must be rough trying to design relics that break combat that also simultaneously don't break combat. It's like the staff of nictor but without the excuse of "they earned it" to let it be a bit absurd.

I like the ones that offer PvE buffs or unique raid mechanics but the concept of class-restricted relics like eq gem, rageblade, and even scorpion/mindring don't sit right with me.

Kez is right about braid though, what's the point. You make yourself free PK and get essentially nothing for it aside from hitting your gold cap a few minutes earlier than you would have anyways.

Relics are a cool idea but IMO the only ones worth getting are the same ones that are arguably game breaking when combined (eq gem / scorpion for example). Maybe some day we can do another pass on these with some more thought into how they'll really be used.

• ArchaeonArchaeon Ur mums house lol

no its longsword, turns snb into a fucking gatling gun lmfao

• Just add a digit onto the golden braid bonus (40% -> 400%) and watch the mad scrabble for it ensue.

• Also relics are meant to break combat, and with all the restrictions around them now, they're more balanced than they ever were before imo. Still feels bad when four occultists are gunning for you and one of them has EQ gem, but that's not the relics' fault.