This just in! Ashtan under attack from Yudhishthira

Comments

• I resent the accusation that I am a cuddler.

Yen and I are just very affectionate.
  • AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    City of Bling
  • Sad that these may actually be improvements.

"Our creed? To obtain more bling than all of Sapience combined."

Yeah, could spin that.

• Tanris said:
    Freedom stupid concept, should be replaced with something to make everyone less embarrassed when they have to explain to their friend they're introducing to Achaea "oh, yeah. Those dudes that just rolled our guards and burned our tent down are the city of freedom. This happens regularly, but trust me, its not as stupid as it sounds." Don't really care what its replaced with, but dear god.
    Ashtan = America
    Occultists = Bilderberg Group/Majestic 12/Bohemian Grove/Freemasons/Illuminati
    Shadowsnakes = CIA
    Ashura = hicks with guns
    Warlocks = Wall Street or something, ok this analogy sucks
    I don't know, as long as you replace Shallam with a South American country, it still holds up pretty well
  • Yudhi's attack on Ashtan was a clever little panic-inducing event. It felt like foreshadowing for the same thing happening to us, but it would be silly for them to delete both of the oldest cities. Great element of surprise in wiping out Shallam, but doing two cities doesn't sound like any sort of useful.

Besides, Ashtan could rebuild itself in a day with artefact escrow. :P

Shallamese will jump right back on the blandwagon of Light-and-Good, but Ashtan would be like a homeless mercenary force composed of Freedomites and snooty Occultist assbites. (no offense to the cool ones)

I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • edited December 2012
    Xith said:
    ... but Ashtan would be like a homeless mercenary force composed of Freedomites and snooty Occultist assbites.

That would be really interesting, actually.
  • Xith said:
    Shallamese will jump right back on the blandwagon of Light-and-Good

>implying Light-and-Good is always bland

Son, I am disappoint.

• Synbios said:
    Xith said:
    Shallamese will jump right back on the blandwagon of Light-and-Good

>implying Light-and-Good is always bland

Son, I am disappoint.

I was just being a snooty Jester assbite.
  • edited December 2012
    Xith said:

Can't argue with those teeth. Though your JITBs don't assbite, they headbite. Fatally. :(

(BTW, you'll probably need to talk to Halos directly regarding that thing you sent me a tell about. I'll only be around sparingly for a couple of days so...yeah)

Tanris said:

Sad that these may actually be improvements.

Yeah, could spin that.

Could actually work that in the history too. War of Siroccians:

Shallam: We're claiming these mines to improve our economy and produce a sizable metalworking industry!
    Ashtan: Well, we're claiming these mines because I need my mithril grille and spinny 'Big A' necklace. Now get out or I'mma cap you on the knee!

• Synbios said:
    Xith said:

Can't argue with those teeth. Though your JITBs don't assbite, they headbite. Fatally. :(

(BTW, you'll probably need to talk to Halos directly regarding that thing you sent me a tell about. I'll only be around sparingly for a couple of days so...yeah)

Hahha I love Shaco.

I was honestly thinking of him recently and how cool it would be if our Jesters were remodeled after him. Pranky Assassins ftw.
  • Asmodron said:
    Hahha I love Shaco.

I was honestly thinking of him recently and how cool it would be if our Jesters were remodeled after him. Pranky Assassins ftw.
    Wonder how that Pranks skillset works...
  • Hallucinations: Create a doppleganger of yourself in the room to fool your foes. When slain it will explode sending hundreds of knives flying, slashing at the fools.

Now-you-see-me: Disappear in a puff of smoke becoming invisible, your next attack will do double damage on your target.

^.^
  • Asmodron said:
    admittedly I really did want more of the "sieging cities" part to go on, even "scarping the old, bringing out the  new".

Yes I know the "Shallam was scrapped for a reason, the event is just an excuse", but I generally like exciting factors in an event and this one seems to have met its end.

Could have at least broken down Hashan a bit Sartan. We do exist you know!

A large part of the Hashani (and other non-polarized cities) irrelevance is that it is ignored on a global event scale too often.  I'm not complaining. But it's a little narratively-imbalanced.  Thankfully we have a Matron @Ourania who tries to engage us.   Maybe if we whine a lot they'll let us sit at the event table in the next world-one. 
  • The problem with Hashan is that Darkness is dead (again) and the rest of the ideals the city tries to rally around are done better elsewhere. Even Cyrene maintains a strong identity and world presence, and that's without having a real central ideology.

• Silas said:
    The problem with Hashan is that Darkness is dead (again) and the rest of the ideals the city tries to rally around are done better elsewhere. Even Cyrene maintains a strong identity and world presence, and that's without having a real central ideology.
    What's a Cyrene? O.o
  • Tanris said:

Sad that these may actually be improvements.

Yeah, could spin that.

Sorry, that creed is owned and copyrighted by Dethea of the Too Many Diamonds already
  • edited December 2012
    Silas said:
    The problem with Hashan is that Darkness is dead (again) and the rest of the ideals the city tries to rally around are done better elsewhere. Even Cyrene maintains a strong identity and world presence, and that's without having a real central ideology.
    You make a decent point.  Though, to both Twilight and Ourania's credit, they did an admirable job of (re)joining the ideologies while he was still around/active.  The identity formation that happened during that period (ourania's reawakening) was smartly carried out emphasizing again Night (reaching back in time to pull some tropes forward).  Ideally, we'd have them both around and active. 

O does a pretty good job of reminding us of Dark/Night (but not Darknight !) But, like with all the cities, some people whine/complain/moan/bemoan/begrudge/stomp feet  when they don't have everything exactly as they want it...instead of working with what they have to improve upon it.   

The third member of the triad floated away.  We've sent a message in a bottle. Nothing came back. 

Edit:  Also, Darkness being absent doesn't actually have much to do with overall world event structure.  After all, we now have a "patron team" to help plan inclusions, right?   It'd be nice if during a world event each city got a little piece of the pie, even if some cities play a more central role.  I have no issue with this being a largely Mhaldor/Shallam reboot event.  It'd just be nice if Ashtan wasn't the only city to get an RP nod.
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    @Kyrra Sorry you only saw that side of things. Real shame.

@Grandue [-(
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • Silas said:
    While I neither agree nor disagree with the point that the admins could've done more for Hashan, Hashan could've probably done more for itself too. Shallam, Ashtan and Mhaldor have all carved out their own opportunities that the Garden has run with alongside the regularly scripted event.

In my opinion, you should worry less about what other people aren't doing, and just really throw yourself into doing everything you can. Somebody in the Garden is bound to notice if you do, and happy fun times will inevitably follow.
    Couldn't agree more.

I don't think the Ashtan attack was in the original plan at all.  I think it was written in recently to go along with the current Ashtan/Mhaldor relations.
  • VayneVayne Rhode Island
    edited December 2012
    I understand Salvar's sentiment, but also that the focus of this event is not on Hashan. I was rather pleased with the parts we got to play in the Nurazar event through Twilight's central role and the tie we were able to make with the alchemist's astronomy after having just reopened the Observatory and getting to discover and name the nebula. Then I agree the return of Ourania was well timed during the event, and added a lot to our side of the storyline. Although each city did get their own "slice" during that event I was quite pleased with the one we got in Hashan and how well it was tailored to us and provided a good platform for moving forward. I know I especially appreciated it having just become Seneschal since it gave me something to work off of.

As for seeking it, I think Hashan has been, I would not argue we could not do more, we always could, but Ourania as was Twilight are a bit subtler Gods than most and the way they produce those opportunities are much subtler too, especially from an outside perspective. Finally, though it seems like this event is winding down now, it certainly is not over yet, we shall see what happens!

Hashan has been going through a very slow and painful rebuilding process over the last few years and it has been without any radical events that have aided some other cities. Still, the difference now from then is quite apparent, at least to me, and I am not done yet.
This discussion has been closed.