Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

Is Achaea losing its "world"?

Comments

• JonathinJonathin Grand Rapids, MIMember Posts: 3,323 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited January 2017
    @Aesgar @Nazihk

We had the same problem in the Warlocks with the "combat clan" ending up being used as a substitute for pretty much everything and anything.

The Coliseum needs to be better enforced so that conversations that should happen on CT do happen on CT and less chatter of the general variety happens. People come in with the expectation that it's a combat clan but are instead treated to an array of wildly varying ooc nonsense. 

My site will remain up, but will not be maintained. The repository will continue to have scripts added to it if I decide to play another game. Maybe I'll see you around in Starmourn!
    Tutorials and scripts  The Repository

AesgarBade
  • AesgarAesgar Member Posts: 450 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Jonathin said:
    @Aesgar @Nazihk

We had the same problem in the Warlocks with the "combat clan" ending up being used as a substitute for pretty much everything and anything.

The Coliseum needs to be better enforced so that conversations that should happen on CT do happen on CT and less chatter of the general variety happens. People come in with the expectation that it's a combat clan but are instead treated to an array of wildly varying ooc nonsense. 

I'm just as guilty as everyone else at this point. But would greatly support the change.
    AsaniBadeNataliia
  • NazihkNazihk Member Posts: 993 @ - Epic Achaean
    Aesgar said:
    Jonathin said:
    @Aesgar @Nazihk

I'm just as guilty as everyone else at this point. But would greatly support the change.
    Oh, I was totally just as guilty of this when I was Hashanite, that's what made me think of it.
  • JacenJacen Member Posts: 2,305 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Yeah, its hard to keep a clan focused like that, so when I made the Coliseum clan I knew that was going to be a part of it. Dealt with it a lot in our scripting clan in the Black Lotus too. But Hashan really needed that open line of communication, and I felt like it was suffering (in a combat sense) without it. Hopefully its enhanced the Hashani experience more than its detracted from it.
  • NazihkNazihk Member Posts: 993 @ - Epic Achaean
    I honestly think you would be better off just talking about combat on CT. Keeps the channel active, encourage everybody to get in on conversations, decrease the amount of OOC chatter.
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo DomingoMember Posts: 3,265 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    That would result in a lot of people just doing CTOFF because combat talk both tends to get long-winded and often veer into scripting issues and the like. I for one honestly prefer that cities have combat clans. I do find it annoying that people redirect the slightest question down there instead of answering, but for the most part I find it a positive addition. 

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

NataliiaAereidhnaAziikStoril
  • PrythePrythe Member Posts: 475 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Krypton said:
    Yeah, I imagine if aural earrings came out in 2005, and were removed in 2015, that deafness blocked shouts/yells for that entire period of time.
    They did. I transed, what was it, Vision, so I could know who shouted, and then didn't hear shouts for years when deffed up, and never thought about it.

But what's this about the aural earrings being gone?

- To love another person is to see the face of G/d
    - Let me get my hat and my knife
    - It's your apple, take a bite
    - Don't dream it ... be it

• AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna beMember Posts: 3,370 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    @Prythe they were removed back in mid-2015, and shouts were changed to be hearable while deaf.
    Huh. Neat.
    Prythe
  • KryptonKrypton shi-KhurenaMember Posts: 2,377 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Well.. not truedeaf. Still gotta have mindseye
    (Mhaldor): Herenicus says, "Apologies, I am in-and-out of hold with Verizon wireless customer service."
  • FarrahFarrah Member, Secret Squirrel Posts: 2,512 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Frederich said:
    Torinn said:
    @Frederich if you don't wanna teach or do sermons or write or do rituals or fight or spy, not sure why you came to targ in the first place ;). Honestly though you seem to be fitting in
    I came for da RP.  Also I didn't say I didn't want to teach.  (Albeit, that isn't exactly a proper house in and of itself.).

Nor did I say I didn't wanna fight.

I'm down for punchin Ashtani in the face.  Which you don't get in Cyrene.  Hell, I enjoyed nukin Hashan some.  Spying aint possible w/ Fred because he has a friggin huge mouth.  Rituals are neat, but not my best interest.  Also, talking to people/preaching I get super antsy and choke up.  do not like.

(I enjoy the RP a TON though.  It's fucking filled to the brim with RP in Targossas.  Fighting?  RP.  Reading a book?  RP.  It's got Cyrene beat on that 5x, at least.)

Is your "I don't fit into the Luminai" after actually looking at their reqs and stuff? You seem perfect for it, to me, given what you've expressed that you like doing. It's the exploration/data collection/paperwork House.
    QuisseTorinnJayden
  • FrederichFrederich Member Posts: 1,243 @ - Epic Achaean
    Farrah said:
    Frederich said:
    Torinn said:
    @Frederich if you don't wanna teach or do sermons or write or do rituals or fight or spy, not sure why you came to targ in the first place ;). Honestly though you seem to be fitting in
    I came for da RP.  Also I didn't say I didn't want to teach.  (Albeit, that isn't exactly a proper house in and of itself.).

Nor did I say I didn't wanna fight.

I'm down for punchin Ashtani in the face.  Which you don't get in Cyrene.  Hell, I enjoyed nukin Hashan some.  Spying aint possible w/ Fred because he has a friggin huge mouth.  Rituals are neat, but not my best interest.  Also, talking to people/preaching I get super antsy and choke up.  do not like.

(I enjoy the RP a TON though.  It's fucking filled to the brim with RP in Targossas.  Fighting?  RP.  Reading a book?  RP.  It's got Cyrene beat on that 5x, at least.)

Is your "I don't fit into the Luminai" after actually looking at their reqs and stuff? You seem perfect for it, to me, given what you've expressed that you like doing. It's the exploration/data collection/paperwork House.
    Nah.  It was more how it was represented, I guess?  It sounded from the City tutorial to be super hush hush "hey guy.  go get x from y.  DONT FUCKIN LOOK AT X WHATEVER YOU DO!  Okay bro.  Good job.  Still don't trust you, but don't speak a word of this to anyone.  Y'hear me?"

If it's different than how it is represented within the city tasks, then I'd give it a whirl sometime.  Sorta reminds me of The Secret World's Illuminati with their janky secret shit.  But tbh if they're just desk clerks who occasionally do some espionage stuff (and it isnt a requirement), then I might be down.
  • AegothAegoth Member Posts: 2,800 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    You're all idiots. Worlds don't disappear. That's not how they work. Matter cannot be created or destroyed!

Unless you're Alderaan
    LiyaneAereidhna
  • EllodinEllodin HawaiiMember, Seafaring Liason Posts: 951 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    shut up aegoth i didn't come here to play school
    And as he slept he dreamed a dream, and this was his dream.
    TreyLiyaneAereidhnaJayden
  • RangorRangor Member Posts: 3,265 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited January 2017
    The future is 3d. Someone write a script to turn achaea into a 3d world. We can all wear 3d goggles and articulate verbal commands to our characters. or holographic keyboard.

Can you imagine trying to RP/do the stuff we do IG, in a 3d environment with verbal communication instead of text chat?
    ExelethrilGhiaJayden
  • MenoxMenox Member Posts: 10 ✭✭ - Stalwart
    Rangor said:
    The future is 3d. Someone write a script to turn achaea into a 3d world. We can all wear 3d goggles and articulate verbal commands to our characters. or holographic keyboard.

Can you imagine trying to RP/do the stuff we do IG, in a 3d environment with verbal communication instead of text chat?
    So, just to ruin Achaea even more..

I'll be doing part of that this weekend at the Global Game Jam.  Going to see if I can make a 3D Achaean Sailing Visualiser...

Probably not going to have any verbal communication though.
    Liyane
  • ExelethrilExelethril Member Posts: 3,352 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Go long on $NVDA

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • MishgulMishgul ROTHERHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMember Posts: 5,372 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    No    

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • SenoskeSenoske Member Posts: 162 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    edited January 2017
    Rangor said:

That is... A terrifying thing. I can only imagine what this population would do with that sort of tech.

-shudder-
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna beMember Posts: 3,370 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Hi Viola. What're you... oh. Bye Viola.
    Huh. Neat.
    SenoskeSynbiosAereidhna
  • CailanCailan Member Posts: 143 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    @Dunn ur so cute
  • PuxiPuxi Member Posts: 625 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    If only we had a video of the reenactment... maybe something like this? 
    ShaydeDunnGhiaAralaya
  • MinifieMinifie Member Posts: 2,382 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited January 2017
    Dunn said:
    You know how many weapons are in the woods IRL????? It's like a damn stock room out there, man. 
    Yeah but the prices are outrageous!

(Mhaldor's Next Top Model): Taryius says, "Oops, thats not a foray. Thats two novices going at it in the wilderness."
    Dunn
  • SaevaSaeva Member Posts: 1,944 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    That was the cutest post I have ever read.

ShirszaeAsmodron
Sign In to Comment.