Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

Classleads

1323334353638»

Comments

• FarrahFarrah Member, Secret Squirrel Posts: 2,483 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Zheo said:
    Sorry for my noobness but I thought there was a shikudo ability to make your attacks apply no limb damage. Does this not affect parry too?

Correct. It's still a targeted attack (stopped by parry). It just does 0 limb damage.
    AntidasKeorinZheo
  • KeorinKeorin Member Posts: 757 @ - Epic Achaean
    edited July 2018
    Proficy said:
    You still have the other arm to hit.

Not seeing the difference... if they are parrying an arm then they are not parrying other limbs and those still hit in preparation for your slow prep. 
    If your going for a locking path. Then hit the other arm to give the affliction..... or use kai surge and then go for it.
    I think you're missing my point a bit. The problem here isn't -static- arm parry, it's a -random- arm parry, where people will randomly switch between which arm they're parrying when they attack. It was already the optimal parry strat against stick before this change, and pretty widely used. Static parry is obviously no trouble to deal with, but if someone moves their parry randomly, then your only choices are to try and hit arms (with an unavoidable 50% chance of missing on that attack), or don't hit arms (which for rain form means losing half your affliction pool and output).

On a different note, the numbers I posted earlier were wrong. I did some proper testing for clumsiness' effects on Shikudo, and it looks like it's a flat 25% miss chance, or thereabouts (tested over a few hundred hits). I doubt anyone actually cares, but since I'd rather correct my mistakes, the more accurate numbers would be:

Before the change, if only taking clumsiness into account, there was an 11% chance of missing an affliction hit to clumsiness (25% chance of frontkick missing, and a 44% chance of one of the two affliction hits missing without frontkick). With a random arm parry as well, this raised to a 27% chance of missing at least one affliction hit (since frontkick instead has a 62.5% chance of failing between the random arm parry and clumsiness). Going by @Reyson's numbers, this would already make shikudo fairly sub-par at dealing with clumsiness compared to other classes, especially since it's possible to miss every single hit of your combo.

After the change, when fighting someone with swiftmount, there's instead a 44% chance of losing at least one affliction hit from clumsiness alone, since frontkick can't prone (each hit has a 75% chance of going through, so there's only a 56% chance of both going through successfully. This is what gaital is stuck at always, as well). This is the case whether or not you actually aim any of your affliction hits for their arms. If you do use ruku (you're stuck with weariness, lethargy, dizziness as your entire comboable affliction pool if you don't), then you're instead looking at a 72% chance of missing at least one of your affliction hits (as you'll have one parried outright 50% of the time, and one will miss 44% of the time that you do get through parry).

In total, rain form is now substantially less accurate under clumsiness even if you avoid arm hits as much as possible (27% chance of missing at least one affliction hit changed to a 44% chance). However, avoiding arm hits like this is also a huge decrease both to your affliction pool and to your total affliction output. If you -do- decide to try and hit an arm for those other afflictions, then rain is hugely less accurate (27% getting raised all the way up to 72%). Either way, it's a fairly substantial increase in the rng of rain form, and a large nerf to shikudo's overall rotation and options. Unless you're too poor for swiftmount, that is.
  • RangorRangor Member Posts: 3,252 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Fighting bards must be fun for you. :)
  • PyoriPyori Member Posts: 1,807 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Rangor said:
    Fighting bards must be fun for you. :)
    "I love fighting bards."
    ~said by literally nobody, in the history of ever.

FarrahLavanda
  • DunnDunn Member, Secret Squirrel Posts: 6,218 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    :).     

KyrraValaria
  • DochithaDochitha Member Posts: 1,413 @ - Epic Achaean
    edited December 2018
    Playing DWB extensively for quite some time as a Runie, recent classleads changes to DWB bring about my concern.

1) Extending Assault from 2.8s to 3.3s after nimble
    This change is acceptable, with the argument that most limb finishers should be defendable over a hit in room hinder plus requirement to leap over a wall, which previously DWB with L3 stars will have enough time to leap over and still finish it. However, taking forged weapons into consideration, I feel 3.3s is too punishing, however, forged can still accomplish pulp starting with whirl that takes about 1.8s balance.

Whirl to start: 0 leg ex, 1.8 head leg, 4.2 assault, 7.7 pulp (still valid if not defended, before classlead 32)
    Doublewhirl to start: 0 leg ex, 2.4 head leg, 4.8 assault, 8.1 (this is over salve balance, pulp kill is impossible) 

2) Recent Classleads 32 extended single whirl to the same as doublewhirl's balance. Which means, forged morningstar will no longer be able to pulp anyone. You can sit there and laugh, and they won't pulp you.

0 leg ex, 2.4 head leg, 4.8 assault, 8.1 (this is over salve balance, pulp kill is impossible) 

Can someone enlighten me how this is supposed to work out? I own L3s, the magin is smaller but I could still pulp. But what about forged, we trying to gate them behind arties like serpent's fang?
    Have you considered the fact that maybe it was meant to require a 2 leg prep similar to pretty much every other prone-centric finisher?

Pyori said:
    Have you considered the fact that maybe it was meant to require a 2 leg prep similar to pretty much every other prone-centric finisher?
    It has always needed 2 leg breaks. Single leg break can't pulp.
    edited December 2018
    You can do:
    Left Leg (expend)
    Right Leg (or just break left/right together, and hit something else in between bals to keep/rebuild momentum)
    Break head when they apply to the second leg. If they hold on the second apply, just mangle their leg/re-break the other one again.
    assault
    pulp

edited December 2018
    Pyori said:
    You can do:
    Left Leg (expend)
    Right Leg (or just break left/right together, and hit something else in between bals to keep/rebuild momentum)
    Break head when they apply to the second leg. If they hold on the second apply, just mangle their leg/re-break the other one again.
    assault
    pulp

0 second apply, 0.1 break head, 2.6 assault, 4 apply head, tree and stand, 5.9 pulp  fail

edited December 2018
    Hmm. The AB still says Assault is 2.6 bal. Not 3.3 like your previous post says. In which case you wouldn't have to wait.
    0.0 R/L(expend)
    0.1 apply leg
    2.4 head
    4.1 apply head
    4.8 assault head
    7.4 pulp
    8.1 get salve bal back after dead

Pyori said:
    Hmm. The AB still says Assault is 2.6 bal. Not 3.3 like your previous post says. In which case you wouldn't have to wait.
    0.0 R/L(expend)
    0.1 apply leg
    2.4 head
    4.1 apply head
    4.8 assault head
    7.4 pulp
    8.1 get salve bal back after dead
    Assault was ~2.8s (after nimble) before classlead 29, then on classlead 29 it was extended to ~3.3s (after nimble). So that chart won't work... I also hope AB is changed alongside classlead implementations to avoid such confusions.
    Please consider changing assault to sub 3s after nimble.
  • AntoniusAntonius Member Posts: 4,918 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited December 2018
    Dochitha said:
    Pyori said:
    You can do:
    Left Leg (expend)
    assault
    pulp

0 second apply, 0.1 break head, 2.6 assault, 4 apply head, tree and stand, 5.9 pulp  fail

If you're doublewhirling twice before you break the head, you can throw in arm breaks to take tree out of the equation. That does come at the cost of more prep time, though. Expend on right arm could be an option to prevent tree as well, depending on how long it lasts and how much momentum it uses.
    The much bigger problem is that you can't attack twice before the head break, and then be on balance to pulp faster than the opponent can cure both legs and stand up (assuming ~0.2 second delay on curing commands). Breaking legs then just waiting on balance for the second restoration apply to break the head doesn't work because you'd lose momentum, and therefore not have enough to assault.

0.0 - Break legs + expend
    0.2 - Apply legs
    2.4 - Break arms
    4.2 - Salve balance
    4.4 - Apply legs
    4.8 - Break head
    7.2 - Assault
    8.4 - Salve balance
    8.6 - Apply legs
    9.6 - Salve balance
    9.8 - Apply legs/stand
    10.5 - Pulp

I'm not sure messing with assault's balance time is the ideal solution here. If assault is faster, the window for pulp with level three morningstars gets bigger, and that makes it much harder to defend against. It wouldn't be as drastic as it was before, but I don't think there's a problem with where level three DWB is right now either, so changes that impact that seem unnecessary.

We could change whirl to be a static balance time rather than dependent on weapon speed. 2.3 seconds would put it at ~2.1 seconds with nimble, which I think is about the speed of doublewhirl with level three morningstars. I think that should allow pulp with forged morningstars, but wouldn't increase the window again for level three morningstar DWB because they don't benefit from using whirl over doublewhirl. Rough timeline (again, assuming 0.2 second delay on curing commands):

0.0 - Break leg + expend
    0.2 - Apply legs
    2.1 - Break leg/head
    4.2 - Salve balance
    4.4 - Apply head
    4.5 - Assault
    7.8 - Pulp
    8.4 - Salve balance

Tumble could be an issue there, though they'd have to tumble before or pretty soon after the second attack to get out of the room before pulp. I think that's roughly the window we look for. Against DWC you have to tumble before the second leg break to get out before disembowel (and that requires breaking torso before); DWB could get something like Intimidate (though with slightly different requirements) if it proves necessary.
    Fixing balance times looks good. In fact weapon "speed" stats can really be removed and all classes and their attack speed standardized, with artefacts affecting just accuracy and damage. Probably harder to sell but can always make them 0.05s step away from each other so they are not too different yet enjoy speed benefit, or even throw bonus to hunting... or retain hunting speed, only standardize pvp.
  • AntoniusAntonius Member Posts: 4,918 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    The time to make a change like that would have been when the Tradeskill and Weaponmastery changes happened, as there were far fewer people who owned artefact weapons then. I can't see it happening now.
  • FarrahFarrah Member, Secret Squirrel Posts: 2,483 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Realistically with serverside ping 8.1 seconds in your charting out is easily a kill in practice. Also, if you're breaking arms, you do it before legs, not after, which would also make the setup work.

Runewarden is probably in the worst spot of the DWBs in that particular regard because I'm not sure if you can hold them in room for the arm breaks, but for paladin you have piety and infernal with gravehands and vivisect threat is insane.

I agree changing whirl to be static would be the best solution, though.
    I must give an update here, it looks like WHIRL extending to ~2.5s was silently readjusted to ~2s now, which is a good news!

Conclusion: Forged using whirl to start can still complete pulp path now. No worries, all good! Doublewhirl however breaches 8s so forged should always try starting sequence using whirl.
    (tested with Mindshell)
Sign In to Comment.