Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

CFSocalypse: Electric Boogaloo

DaeirDaeir AustraliaMember Posts: 6,276 @@ - Legendary Achaean
Credits currently available for purchase:
      20 credits at  9800 gold per credit.
     346 credits at  9912 gold per credit.
Total credits for sale: 366 shown (366 total)  (Average sale price: 9687)

Be it from half of Achaea hitting gold cap relatively consistently over the past month due to Tide bashing or what, CFS has reached pretty unacceptable levels now for several months, even in the wake of promotions that have encouraged outright credit purchasing through bonuses.

Something probably needs to be done about this, because there's no way that it's sustainable or healthy for the game at all.
PrytheSenoskeJaydenLiyane

Comments

• AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna beMember Posts: 3,370 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Healthy for the game? No. Sustainable? Definitely.
    Huh. Neat.
    Caelan
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United StatesMember Posts: 5,938 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Credits are more usable currency than gold for a lot of things it seems. The house building changes were pretty good in that they made building more economic and fairly affordable.

Would have to evaluate what transaction types are predominately credit based and see if there's a reasonable way to convert them to gold transactions perhaps.

• SiduriSiduri Member Posts: 1,552 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    The release of a new class is also an important factor.

Blujixapug
  • FrederichFrederich Member Posts: 1,243 @ - Epic Achaean
    What @Siduri said.

A new class is always going to tank the credit market.  Multiclassing tanked the credit market, I expect this to be no different.

PS: Most people right now are buying globes because they give more bang for your buck compared to credits.
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo DomingoMember Posts: 3,103 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Lets not act like the credit market was not on the verge of those prices before the class was released.

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

Liyane
  • JonathinJonathin Grand Rapids, MIMember Posts: 3,323 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    The cap just makes me not want to sell credits because it takes longer to actually sell them. D:

My site will remain up, but will not be maintained. The repository will continue to have scripts added to it if I decide to play another game. Maybe I'll see you around in Starmourn!
    Tutorials and scripts  The Repository

Aereidhna
  • CooperCooper IowaMember Posts: 4,871 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    The credit market has been on the rise for 11 months now. Even with Sarapis's "smart" suggestions on how to stop it rising, it's not stopped.

Each time we had a bulk credit sale the market started to go down.

Each time there isn't a credit sale, it goes up sharply.

ShirszaeSiduriPrythe
  • WitzgaWitzga Member Posts: 4 ✭✭ - Stalwart
    Having played other IRE games where credits routinely sell at 15,000 per, I had the opposite reaction to the credit market here when I started playing (under 10k? What!?); although I was excited about how much more quickly they do sell here!
  • CooperCooper IowaMember Posts: 4,871 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Gold income is different here than other IRE games, though. Even top end artefacted people can only bash 60-70k an hour.

• SzanthaxSzanthax San DiegoMember Posts: 1,906 @ - Epic Achaean
    I still don't see how this is a bad thing...

The only way to decrease their value is to decrease their value in the game, right? Sell them cheaper on the website? Make gold harder to come by in the game?

I don't see the problem, though I could buy credits from the website if I wanted them. I could also buy them from the market if I wanted to... but how much is my $$/Gold worth. Hrmm! 

• KorbenKorben Member Posts: 345 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    They went from 8000 to 9500 in 2.5 months, that's a 7% monthly inflation. But as long as people are willing to buy them (as you said, they sell quickly) the price will keep going up.
    Prythe
  • SzanthaxSzanthax San DiegoMember Posts: 1,906 @ - Epic Achaean
    I know there have been moments when i bought every credit I could...

and there have also been moments where I threw 1000 credits up on the market... see how much of an effect it would have.

Minimal..

• DeladanDeladan Member Posts: 647 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    @Zulah do you still have that bet about the credit market going lolololol

• DevranDevran Member Posts: 619 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Not saying it is, but could the new limitations on pricing credits cause this?
  • OmorOmor Member Posts: 756 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
         106 credits at  9900 gold per credit.
         337 credits at  9996 gold per credit.
         201 credits at 10057 gold per credit.
        1500 credits at 10058 gold per credit.
         100 credits at 10100 gold per credit.
    Total credits for sale: 2244 shown (2244 total)  (Average sale price: 9810)
    Use CREDITS BUY <number> AT <max gold per credit> to purchase.
    Omor Ceberek - Targossas

got gud
    I think this is the cumulative effect of Great Hunt (everyone makes gold) + Tide (everyone makes lots of gold) + Globes (people buy globes instead of credits) rather than any limitations on CFS. Lots of gold, few credits, prices go up. A round of credit sales or gold auctions would drive them in the other direction.
  • AntoniusAntonius Member Posts: 4,771 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    We literally just had both of those things two months ago, and the price has spiked right back up again (past where it was before) as soon as they ended.
  • FlorentinoFlorentino Member Posts: 516
    Run some gold auctions for standard, non-unique arties. Sell a certain number of standard, non-unique (not-as-significant, such as artie tattoo phials of ink or pipes) arties at a fixed price in gold temporarily? 
    Liyane
  • CailanCailan Member Posts: 143 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Fixed gold price for artie anything is never gonna happen
  • AereidhnaAereidhna DallasMember Posts: 682 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    edited November 2016
    To be fair, I've sold a bit of credits recently and I was pissed by the inability to go below 300 of the average sale price keeping me from selling at 8.5k. I benefit from the market because I sell credits every now and then and almost never buy, but the fact that prices make people reluctant to buy off market/stockpiling gold unless they have to annoys the mess out of me. I'm excited for whatever changes are coming. I'm hopeful things will get better once the new class shiny wears off.
    PrytheJaydenLiyane
    Antonius said:
    We literally just had both of those things two months ago, and the price has spiked right back up again (past where it was before) as soon as they ended.
    The gold auctions were part of a credit auctions + gold auctions promo. The effect of one cancelled out the other.
  • JonathinJonathin Grand Rapids, MIMember Posts: 3,323 @@ - Legendary Achaean
         277 credits at  9482 gold per credit.
         100 credits at  9800 gold per credit.
           2 credits at  9999 gold per credit.
    Total credits for sale: 1786 shown (1786 total)  (Average sale price: 9738)

People need to buy these stupid things so I can make them cheaper.

My site will remain up, but will not be maintained. The repository will continue to have scripts added to it if I decide to play another game. Maybe I'll see you around in Starmourn!
    Tutorials and scripts  The Repository

Mathilda
  • MindshellMindshell Member Posts: 283 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    I don't use cfs anymore since the caps went in. All my sales happen direct. Cfs averages are only going to measure those that enter the system, whatever percentage that is.
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna beMember Posts: 3,370 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Mindshell said:
    I don't use cfs anymore since the caps went in. All my sales happen direct. Cfs averages are only going to measure those that enter the system, whatever percentage that is.
    This ^
    Huh. Neat.
    Prythe
  • NazihkNazihk Member Posts: 993 @ - Epic Achaean
    Antonius said:

The event flooded the world with gold by making it so easy to hit goldcap that lots of people who otherwise would not have bothered with it hit the goldcap. The event also introduced a new profession with a set of profession specific artifacts.

This is pretty much a recipe to spike the credit market. There's a lot of gold and people want a lot of credits all at once. No matter what, prices would be higher now. 
    KorbenSiduriTydas
  • SenoskeSenoske Member Posts: 162 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Run some gold auctions for standard, non-unique arties. Sell a certain number of standard, non-unique (not-as-significant, such as artie tattoo phials of ink or pipes) arties at a fixed price in gold temporarily? 
    I would kill for gold-purchaseable perma tatts. Right now they aren't a priority for me since level 2 bracelet or stat arties would come first. Though an artie tree, moss, and boar would be so nice.
  • XadenXaden Member Posts: 2,315 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Would be interested to see what the changes bring. Would attribute the spike to the new class, globes and lucrescent nut changes.

Just a confluence of these things at once.
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• SkyeSkye The Duchess BellatereMember, Seafaring Liason Posts: 2,824 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    I wonder how much difference it would have made if they had made the Wheel spins purchaseable by gold instead of bound credits. Supposing we priced the spins at the good old fashioned rate of 6k gold per credit. Each spin would've taken 150k out of the game.

First it would've hit the gold reserves of any/all the big spinners, because when you're in a great big hurry to spin for the bonus, you're going to use whatever gold you have at hand. Those who didn't already have a big gold reserve would've used bound credits to sell and they would've gone on selling so long as the credit prices didn't dip below 6k.

Korben
  • FrederichFrederich Member Posts: 1,243 @ - Epic Achaean
    That's actually not that bad of an idea, Skye.  However that'd still be like.  1 full day of grinding (150kish) gets you 1 spin.  tbh, I'm wanting the wheel back for that, and bound credits.. since.  Well.

I got a shitton of bound credits now. :'(
Sign In to Comment.