Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

The Revelation

Comments

• AnkhareoutefAnkhareoutef Member Posts: 347 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Pfff. At this point, splinters just mean pits. It's either get pitted or gather splinters!
    Aodfionn
  • AsmodronAsmodron Member Posts: 3,035 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Asmodron said:
    Saying any of the cities are an insignificant force is rather wrong (except Cyrene, unless it is a CTF).

As for Tlalala, he will most likely just be the "new Slith" villain whom will appear from time to time with a big scheme. I also theorize the possibility of his shrines (the shrines of the meld) appearing from time to time and releasing tide. Could be interesting.

I should have bet on this...

The Genesis bids you watch. You cannot help but obey and bear witness to the actions of Tlalaiad.

Before the approving gaze of her God, Ama-maalier raises the Master shrine to the Genesis.

A rush of power ripples across Achaea as the network of Divinities is finally made whole.

• FrederichFrederich Member Posts: 1,243 @ - Epic Achaean
    Can't emote as a soul.  If you died in a gank or something or just in some way that was silly.  I'd be fine if the person went lol.

Simply because lol is literally an emote that should be doable (though not spammable) as a soul.

PS: Finally the splinter war is over.

Now to The Revelation 2: LOGOSMAS COMING
  • DunnDunn Member, Secret Squirrel Posts: 6,233 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited November 2016
    Splinter War to shrine war. Personally, I'm glad people don't have further reason to four city squad up :)

need to get all of my people t shirts that say "I survived solo in the great splinter war of 2016"

I had a blast tho

MorthifAustereBann
  • OmorOmor Member Posts: 756 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Dunn said:
    Splinter War to shrine war. Personally, I'm glad people don't have further reason to four city squad up :)

need to get all of my people t shirts that say "I survived solo in the great splinter war of 2016"

I had a blast tho
    I'd wear it.
    Omor Ceberek - Targossas

got gud
    Bann
  • AntoniusAntonius Member Posts: 4,926 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Since there apparently isn't a thread about the new shrine changes: Can we get the rules clarified on when, exactly, you're allowed to attack Order members when you're defiling a shrine? We all know that the new requirement to use a player corpse is going to result in an increase in attacking/ganking Order members as soon as they arrive at the shrine, so let's clarify whether or not it's allowed right from the start.
    Shirszae
  • MakariosMakarios Administrator Posts: 1,871 Achaean staff
    Antonius said:
    Since there apparently isn't a thread about the new shrine changes: Can we get the rules clarified on when, exactly, you're allowed to attack Order members when you're defiling a shrine? We all know that the new requirement to use a player corpse is going to result in an increase in attacking/ganking Order members as soon as they arrive at the shrine, so let's clarify whether or not it's allowed right from the start.

If you couldn't attack them before you can't now. "I want your corpse" is about as valid as if you wanted it for a truename or soulspear (i.e. its not).

• ProficyProficy Member Posts: 399 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Daeir said:
    Proficy has barely any IC/OOC divide, yeah. I have enough lines of "The soul of Proficy says, "Lol"." in my logs to fill up a thread on its own.

Rest of Mhaldor is perfectly fine though. Better than fine actually, I'd agree wholeheartedly with Ailea's call on it being more RP-heavy and enforced than other cities. Which is a good thing.
    Soo.. i am 100% in character. As i have and will always be exactly who i am. Its you flip flopping fakers who act one way when you arent who may have this issue. 
    And i find it hard.. extremely hard that Daeir is trying to call me out on this when i am constantly getting messages from him //asking me for shit he needs in game.

And i about me loling as a soul.. i wiuldnt have too if you could emote as a soul. But since it IS something you can do in achaea as a mechanic pretty sure nothing wrong with it... 
  • AntoniusAntonius Member Posts: 4,926 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    There's everything wrong with it. Being able to emote as a soul doesn't make any sense for the majority of them, and isn't an excuse for saying things that come across as totally OOC.
  • CalynCalyn Member Posts: 111 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Proficy RP's.

Had a contract, offered to duel it out at NoNT. Naturally, I just barely got to Cadmus before I died horribly, he rezzed me and told me that it was impressive that I accepted the challenge.

He's a good guy. A++ would be hired on again.
    Siduri
  • ExelethrilExelethril Member Posts: 3,352 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Can confirm Proficy RPs

[spoiler]with the lol emote[/spoiler]

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • KeorinKeorin Member Posts: 757 @ - Epic Achaean
    No one said he doesn't RP, people are saying he breaks immersion/character by saying things that only make sense OOC. 

Also messages that start with "//" are pretty recognized as being messages specifically communicating OOCly. If someone doesn't want to have any OOC communication, even through messages, you should probably just tell someone that you don't want that sort of communication in game at all.

• KorbenKorben Member Posts: 345 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Begun, the Shrine War has.
    LiyaneValariaIniarBann
  • OmorOmor Member Posts: 756 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Shine war confused me before, I honestly only did it to troll. Now, though, I'm not sure I even know how to go about it, much less actually troll with it.. so... I guess I'm more confused.
    Omor Ceberek - Targossas

got gud
  • RyzethRyzeth Member Posts: 1,105 @ - Epic Achaean
    edited December 2016
    Keorin said:
    If someone doesn't want to have any OOC communication, even through messages, you should probably just tell someone that you don't want that sort of communication in game at all.
    There's virtually nothing that says you have to take an OOC comment as being OOC, just because they use fancy identifiers to get around talking with your character.

Just like bitching / insulting someone doesn't save you from repercussions, just because you included fancy little (( )) symbols in your tells.

If you want to talk OOCly with someone, you ask them first if they're okay with it. If you don't, they're well within their rights to not treat it as IC if they want.
    Kez
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna beMember Posts: 3,370 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Ryzeth said:
    Keorin said:
    If someone doesn't want to have any OOC communication, even through messages, you should probably just tell someone that you don't want that sort of communication in game at all.
    There's virtually nothing that says you have to take an OOC comment as being OOC, just because they use fancy identifiers to get around talking with your character.

Just like bitching / insulting someone doesn't save you from repercussions, just because you included fancy little (( )) symbols in your tells.

If you want to talk OOCly with someone, you ask them first if they're okay with it. If you don't, they're well within their rights to not treat it as IC if they want.
    If a comment is clearly marked as OOC, it's OOC. If you don't want someone to converse with you OOCly, then tell them. If they don't stop, IGNORE exists for a reason.

Granted, harassment and insults and other such rules apply in OOC conversations, but treating what is clearly an OOC message as an IC one, especially if they're initiating a conversation as purely OOC, just makes you a prick. There's no difference between 'fuck you' and '((fuck you))', but if someone approaches you asking for a discussion OOCly and you respond with something like "Why would I ever converse with a heathen such as you?", you're a prick, plain and simple.
    Huh. Neat.
    Ahmet said:
    Ryzeth said:
    If you want to talk OOCly with someone, you ask them first if they're okay with it.
    You basically just repeated what I said. To each their own, though. There's nothing that says I have to treat 'OOC' stuff as ooc.

I read something on Imperian forums I rather agree with when it comes to this kinda situation in IRE games in general.

"Anything that I hear inside the game itself can be taken as 100% IC. Anything. It doesn't matter what it is. It doesn't matter if you put up your ((rp shields)) or if you erect your //rpbarrier. If I hear it, I can take it as IC and I can act on it. Any channel, any subject, with anybody. The only exceptions to this are if you are talking to Jeremy and the other OOC admin characters. Everything else is IC and actionable."

Exception to the bolded, are clans that are specifically OOC. Everything else is fair game.
  • XadenXaden Member Posts: 2,315 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    If it's just out of the blue 'tell ryzeth // brace yourself we're coming in dry' then aye that's fine.

If however you are having an ooc conversation with someone, with actual back and forth //'s and then you take that conversation IC you're in the wrong.
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• KeorinKeorin Member Posts: 757 @ - Epic Achaean
    Ryzeth said:
    Ahmet said:
    Ryzeth said:
    If you want to talk OOCly with someone, you ask them first if they're okay with it.
    You basically just repeated what I said. To each their own, though. There's nothing that says I have to treat 'OOC' stuff as ooc.

I read something on Imperian forums I rather agree with when it comes to this kinda situation in IRE games in general.

"Anything that I hear inside the game itself can be taken as 100% IC. Anything. It doesn't matter what it is. It doesn't matter if you put up your ((rp shields)) or if you erect your //rpbarrier. If I hear it, I can take it as IC and I can act on it. Any channel, any subject, with anybody. The only exceptions to this are if you are talking to Jeremy and the other OOC admin characters. Everything else is IC and actionable."

Exception to the bolded, are clans that are specifically OOC. Everything else is fair game.
    I disagree with this pretty strongly. Sure, there's nothing that says you -have- to, just like there's no rules saying you -have- to roleplay beyond the absolute minimum (don't shout about IRL things). Achaea isn't an RPI, there are minimal rules for just about all roleplay and communication, but that doesn't mean we can't try to hold ourselves to better standards.

OOC communication assists tremendously for a lot of things. It's necessary in a game like this for certain cases, and in others it helps us to manage a fun game world as players (like communicating with enemy forces about raids and such). I think judicious use of it is simply good RPG practice. 

While I personally would always suggest asking if someone is alright with some OOC first, I think that 99% of the time, sending them a message asking them to stop isn't really an unreasonable request, either. That said, if you want to take messages you -know- are supposed to be OOC and have your character react to them, you're perfectly allowed to. But that -is- taking something out of character into character, if you know it's supposed to be OOC and they've used common practices to tag it as such. Doing that is generally always permitted by the rules, but that doesn't make it good roleplay.

I suppose I'm just of the opinion that we should always be trying to make our shared world more enjoyable and more immersive for other people in it.
    Prythe
    People who take marked OOC things as IC things are assholes.
    XadenShirszaeMelodie
    edited December 2016
    No more so than ones who only ever ask OOCly before doing anything that might have a bad outcome, if they went with whatever they had in mind.

Please tell me more about how someone who favours OOC conversations for everything- whether present, or in the close future- IC, is a better person.
  • CaliraCalira Member, Secret Squirrel Posts: 557 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Ryzeth said:
    Please tell me more about how someone who favours OOC conversations for everything- whether present, or in the close future- IC, is a better person.
    Middle-grounds exist
    ShirszaeAnkhareoutefEhene
  • SenaSena Member Posts: 3,957 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Treating clearly OOC (though in-game) communication as IC doesn't seem any different from treating out-of-game communication as IC, in my opinion. ICly discussing something you heard on an OOC clan or a clearly-OOC tell is no better, to me, than ICly discussing something you read in a Facebook post for example. I see no real difference between the two.
    AhmetShirszaeMelodie
  • NazihkNazihk Member Posts: 993 @ - Epic Achaean
    There's a certain class of player who thinks that throwing up their ((rp shields)) before they talk trash is enough to keep them from suffering the consequences of talking trash. So you get things like "((you're a fucking coward, ganking me while bashing. Duel me 1v1 and i'll kick your ass))".

The proper response to this situation is to ignore them until the next time you see them bashing, at which point you should kill them again for insulting you. An insult delivered from behind your RP shields is still an insult and you can totally get killed over it.
    PrytheXadenRangor
    Sena said:
    Treating clearly OOC (though in-game) communication as IC doesn't seem any different from treating out-of-game communication as IC, in my opinion. ICly discussing something you heard on an OOC clan or a clearly-OOC tell is no better, to me, than ICly discussing something you read in a Facebook post for example. I see no real difference between the two.
    These people are also assholes.
  • BannBann Member Posts: 391 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Anything said in the game can be taken as IC. If you want to consider something 100% OOC, say it on Skype or AIM or whatever. That's not really a 'decent' way to view things, but it is what it is.

Most people aren't so common, though. In fact, 90% of my tells don't have a single ( or / in them, and are OOC as shit. It was very much a culture shock for me, coming here from MKO/Aetolia, and there are a couple of my buddies who I never expect a single IC thing from unless it's out loud in a say.

Someone talking shit is just one of those things that's probably going to get them killed, and it's also one of those things I try very hard not to do.

• FarrahFarrah Member, Secret Squirrel Posts: 2,512 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    It's a culture shock that people use // or that they don't use it?

That culture varies pretty widely across factions and groups of people. The main Ashtan pk group is heavily OOC compared to most factions, though there are people in other factions who are too.

I'm still of the mind that you shouldn't send OOC tells to people unless they consented, but it's a spreading thing.
  • BannBann Member Posts: 391 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Farrah said:
    It's a culture shock that people use // or that they don't use it?

That culture varies pretty widely across factions and groups of people. The main Ashtan pk group is heavily OOC compared to most factions, though there are people in other factions who are too.

I'm still of the mind that you shouldn't send OOC tells to people unless they consented, but it's a spreading thing.
    It's actually not Ashtani who are the main ones that do this :open_mouth:

Sign In to Comment.