Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

So, what now?

123457»

Comments

• KayeilKayeil Washington StateMember Posts: 2,824 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Don't need an active patron, there's a patron request system. Without it Ashtan would never get anything done.
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

• TelendriethTelendrieth Member Posts: 214 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
     That level of cliquiness puts even the Occultists or pre-autoclass forestals to shame.
    Didn't the Arcanists have a hand in bringing about Babel with some artifact spear? Or am I remembering it wrong?
  • GoryllinGoryllin Member Posts: 79 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished

Cyrene is so quiet IC and keeps to itself... which leads to lots of time for the players to come to the forums and make pages upon pages in a simple thread that wasn't actually about Cyrene.

This is awesome :)

Brean
    Oh right. -coughs- the original point.
    I have been having a big struggle with keeping interest in the game. During my first stint of nursing school I essentially had to abandon the game to keep up with the increased workload. Coming back I've found some pretty amazing changes and things to explore, but much of my family and friends have all gone dormant. As a player, I try hard to find things to do, and goals to work on, while ending up just doing a fair bit of forge work for citizens. I ended up meeting a fiance (who promptly vanished), and reaching logosian. Most of my time as of late is spent pensively waiting and preparing for the newer additions of the game, and working on smaller goals in the interim. Originally I planned on picking up and slowly transing runie as my second class, but I'm still simmering on recent changes. Aside from that, I spent the bulk of yesterday learning how to effectively steal (When I should have been studying). I'll admit, getting the theft script working had me ridiculously happy, if just to have a serpent goal crossed off the list.
    Brean
  • BlujixapugBlujixapug Member Posts: 1,833 @@ - Legendary Achaean
     That level of cliquiness puts even the Occultists or pre-autoclass forestals to shame.
    Didn't the Arcanists have a hand in bringing about Babel with some artifact spear? Or am I remembering it wrong?
    Yes, I think so! Something to do with a Spear of Law or an Orb of Order or something like that. And there was a bottomless pit at the bottom of Great Rock that Babel had been trapped in, and some big long event culminating in him being set free. I don't know exactly how that went from the Cyrenian side, what their take on it was at the time.

Reading into it, I suspect that perhaps Babel was trying to create some provisions for more diverse opponents. Shallam/Light/Good/Church would always inevitably have opposed Babel and Chaos. Bringing Cyrene into it in this manner helped to establish their connection to Agatheis and the elements, and the relationship between the four elements (plus Spirit) comprising everything in existence, and Chaos being the opposite of that. Evidently, that never came to fruition.
    @Blujixapug It always reminded me of the Dawn of War 40k series regarding the planet of Cyrene. Large awakening of warp forces on the planet, Sindri being the name of a chaos sorcerer, Sindri also being the name of a prominent (if not HL?) Mage in the Arcanists, a house in Cyrene? I'm just saying! There were a few more similarities I can't think of off the top of my head. 
    Blujixapug
  • JacenJacen Member Posts: 2,304 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Kayeil said:
    Don't need an active patron, there's a patron request system. Without it Ashtan would never get anything done.
    Has something changed with this recently? Last I heard, admin had no intention of letting non-patrons implement changes for orgs. I imagine Tecton (and maybe another god or two) filled in the gaps for the immediate post-Renaissance period, but at this point, I'd be very surprised if non-patrons were allowed to do any work for cities/Houses. AFAIK, the patron request system goes directly to the patron god. Tecton probably did a lot of post-Renaissance filling in, but I would imagine that Cyrene isn't getting that benefit by this point.
  • KayeilKayeil Washington StateMember Posts: 2,824 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Jacen said:
    Kayeil said:
    Has something changed with this recently? Last I heard, admin had no intention of letting non-patrons implement changes for orgs. I imagine Tecton (and maybe another god or two) filled in the gaps for the immediate post-Renaissance period, but at this point, I'd be very surprised if non-patrons were allowed to do any work for cities/Houses. AFAIK, the patron request system goes directly to the patron god. Tecton probably did a lot of post-Renaissance filling in, but I would imagine that Cyrene isn't getting that benefit by this point.
    Don't know if it's recent, just every time something is asked for on Leaders channel they get told to submit a patron request like if they need stuff done to Estates or whatever else.
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

• AesgarAesgar Member Posts: 450 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    After a bit of an Achaea break I still couldn't get into my main. I tried Mhaldor and it was exactly what I needed.

Fresh ideals, faces, and goals. Someone else who tried it with me mentioned the "strong commitment to RP", which I think is a great statement to sum up the atmosphere. 

I'll admit, I was a bit bored at first. So I just put my head down and got some levels out of the way, and as I continued to progress in my House and make connections, I was hooked. 

So yeah, you don't necessarily have to come to Mhaldor. But if you really commit to immersing yourself in a new character, it can go a long way. I don't even consider it "alting" as long you stick with the character.
    SherazadDariNataliia
  • ValkynValkyn Member Posts: 734 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Kayeil said:
    Jacen said:
    Kayeil said:
    Don't know if it's recent, just every time something is asked for on Leaders channel they get told to submit a patron request like if they need stuff done to Estates or whatever else.
    I haven't gotten responses from Patron requests in Hashan, but Tyamat had. I think there -may- be some exceptions flying around due to the huge lack of neutral Divine currently available for Patrons. Only Targ and Eleusis seem to have any factional options.

• QwynQwyn Member Posts: 247 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Verrucht said:
    Qwyn said:
    Cyrene should convince @tecton to import sparring rooms. And then give them to everyone else too....
    Already thought about asking for a permission door off the arena for Cyrenians.
    I don't know what other IRE games have these aside from Aetolia, but they are a great way to test out combos or death blows. The nice things about sparring rooms is that you don't really die in there. No xp loss and instant revival right there. That made for amusing raids until they fixed it so only citizens rez.
123457»
Sign In to Comment.