Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

So, what now?

Comments

• XinnaXinna ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean Member Posts: 691 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    Kiet said:
    I would not recommend heresy RP. If you're not at the level of Flair (and you're probably not, few people are), you'll just be ridiculed and ignored at best, which isn't usually very fun. Flair is great because he's one of a kind, if like 20 Flairs pop up no one's going to care.

Flair was also speaking 'heresy' against an inactive goddess with a very small and fractured active support base. Trying that against like evil/good as they stand now with very strong theology (even if inactive gods) is going to be very much uphill.
    Yeah. Depends if you want to stay citizened. Flair -did- get kicked out, or pressured to leave. He was in Hashen for a while.
    Kiet
  • PieraPiera ✭✭✭ - Distinguished Member Posts: 69 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Quit, take a break, (optionally) start over anew. Sometimes in the past I would just be on Achaea, with nothing to do that I was interested in. Got massive burnout, and it got to such a point where I wondered why I even played the game - sometimes starting over keeps things fresh. I didn't expect to stay on Piera for long when I first made her, but having a new character made things fun again.
    Utianima
  • ReilochReiloch ✭✭✭ - Distinguished Member Posts: 134 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished

[spoiler]I'm tired of runnin' 'round lookin'
    For answers to questions that I already know
    I could build me a castle of memories
    Just to have somewhere to go
    Count the days and the nights that it takes
    To get back in the saddle again
    Feed the pigeons some clay, turn the night into day
    Start talkin' again, when I know what to say[/spoiler]
    Utianima
  • XinnaXinna ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean Member Posts: 691 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    Jemaine said:
    I'm not good at playing multiple games at once so when I start to get burnt on the game I've been playing I'll switch to Netflix. I watch a few series, catch up on all the new stuff, let my eyes readjust to not staring at a monitor while not at work. I'll go back to gaming and by the time I'm burnt out, Netflix has a bunch of new stuff again. 
    This is exactly my routine. :(
    Kasya
  • AchillesAchilles Los AngelesMember Posts: 2,538 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Take on more combat focused leadership role.  We just lost a few raiding mainstays, lots of opportunity to take up that mantle.  Nothing beats the RP of Righteous Fury and then going out there and actually enforcing that RP.
  • MediMedi Member Posts: 94
    It's all about alts. It's like ragequitting your city every day!
    XinnaKietUtianima
  • ReleonReleon Member Posts: 7
    Well since I discovered this game about 300 years ago when I was about 15 (played a Cyrene/Dwarf/Runie but couldn't get into writing Javascript), I have no intent of finding Achaea stale any time soon, unless this bronchitis/pneumonia/bubonic plague thing that I have lingers much longer in which case I'll need a straight jacket, but that's another issue lol.

I'm getting married in about 70 days.  I'll be taking a nice long break from Achaea (and much more importantly, the presidential election) and I bet that when I come back from the honeymoon something interesting will happen here that will make my wife hate me more than she already does as my fianceé.  Kidding, people.  We're in love.
    TrillianaAereidhnaUtianimaJanna
  • JurixeJurixe Where you least expect itMember Posts: 1,678 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Hijacking this thread just to say I got Stardew Valley cos of you, @Dunn. I hope you're happy!
    If you like my stories, you can find them here:
    Stories by Jurixe and Stories by Jurixe 2 

JannaMamiUtianimaKyrra
  • ExelethrilExelethril Member Posts: 3,352 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    What if @Dunn is secretly a marketing PR agent for Stardew Valley and this was a successful ploy.

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
    JannaUtianima
  • DunnDunn Member, Secret Squirrel Posts: 6,233 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    I'll take my cut of the profit in prismatic tokens tyvm.

JannaUtianimaKyrra
  • JannaJanna ✭✭✭ - Distinguished Member Posts: 48 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Before I read this thread, I was reading Ismay's discussion on Ashtan. Where are all the Ashtani? Where are all the Achaeans? ... playing Stardew Valley. I conclude.
    SkyeMelodieUtianimaKyriella
  • PieraPiera ✭✭✭ - Distinguished Member Posts: 69 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    I wish I still had my old copy of Rune Factory now. :(
  • TaeltwoTaeltwo ✭✭ - Stalwart Member Posts: 55 ✭✭ - Stalwart
    edited March 2016
    Kiet said:
    I would not recommend heresy RP. If you're not at the level of Flair (and you're probably not, few people are), you'll just be ridiculed and ignored at best, which isn't usually very fun. Flair is great because he's one of a kind, if like 20 Flairs pop up no one's going to care.

Flair was also speaking 'heresy' against an inactive goddess with a very small and fractured active support base. Trying that against like evil/good as they stand now with very strong theology (even if inactive gods) is going to be very much uphill.
    Yeah, I definitely want to stress "a sort of heresy, but not so serious a heresy that you get kicked out". I mean presenting a unique perspective that is compatible with the mainstream, but distinct enough that someone could plausibly disagree with it and it could be developed in interesting directions.

Saying "Sartan isn't Evil and we should reject Him!" is different from saying "Evil is all about the natural order as determined by strength. We're weaker than Sartan, so we're subservient. That's the natural order. That's in accord with Evil. But Evil also dictates that we should try to surpass Him. Evil is bigger than Sartan.".

That's a heresy that skirts the line. And you can (and Tael did) espouse views like this for years, albeit more subtly.

Straight-up balls-out heresy is something that the vast majority of people would not want to try. You need to be a very strong roleplayer with a lot of supporters who will leave with you to make it interesting, unless you're one of the even rarer individuals who really enjoys the roleplay of a tragically fruitless ideological struggle. Though I also don't think Flair was the only person capable of roleplaying a major sort of heresy, to the extent that he even did that - he was still mostly accepted at the fringes of mainstream Chaos, exactly like I was talking about.
  • BorranBorran ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent Member Posts: 845 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    I used to find a new protege.

• GoryllinGoryllin ✭✭✭ - Distinguished Member Posts: 79 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    What if @Dunn is secretly a marketing PR agent for Stardew Valley and this was a successful ploy.

Even Polygon is talking about it and one of the blurbs was wondering where this little game came from and how it blew Steam away.

http://www.polygon.com/2016/3/2/11145828/stardew-valley-gameplay-video-overview

Jeslyn
  • JeslynJeslyn United StatesMember Posts: 482 @ - Epic Achaean
    I just started playing Stardew valley. I logged already 14 hours into it in a day and a half. :( what kind of monster did Dunn introduce me to? It's everything I loved about harvest moon, animal crossing, and rune factory rolled into one cute package of awesomeness.
  • JeslynJeslyn United StatesMember Posts: 482 @ - Epic Achaean
    edited March 2016
    Seriously though, getting back to the topic, I collect little alts like they're pokemon, create their personality/look, and level it up for fun. Bad problem, it gets addictive and I end up bailing on one if I get bored and hopping to another. Ire is making money off me regardless figured why not! <3
    Utianima
  • CitrusCitrus ✭✭✭ - Distinguished Member Posts: 84 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Dunn said:
    Download Stardew Valley from Steam. See you in a year or so. 
    I spent about as much of my childhood playing harvest moon as Achaea.  I'm going to refrain as much as I can from playing this...
    JeslynUtianimaTaeltwoShirszae
  • AtalkezAtalkez Member Posts: 5,040 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited March 2016
    Sarapis said:
    I like to kill off Gods to maintain that just-out-of-the-shower fresh feeling. That and redecorating my cave now and then keep me sane. 
    I lol'd.

Rip Matsuhama

You hug Aurora compassionately.
    JeslynReleonUtianima
  • JinsunJinsun TN, USAMember Posts: 2,927 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Sarapis said:
    I like to kill off Gods to maintain that just-out-of-the-shower fresh feeling. That and redecorating my cave now and then keep me sane. 
    Could you maybe make a God? Like say for Ashtan? (Pretty Please) [we'd take a Babel]
    UtianimaCitrusBelerofon
  • UtianimaUtianima ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent Norway and AustriaMember Posts: 261 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Jinsun said:
    Sarapis said:
    Could you maybe make a God? Like say for Ashtan? (Pretty Please) [we'd take a Babel]

And please free Thoth from whatever dungeon you locked him inside? (Pretty Please Please)

Nataliia
  • CitrusCitrus ✭✭✭ - Distinguished Member Posts: 84 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Jinsun said:
    Sarapis said:
    Agreed, not having a deity for Ashtan feels really weird.  The Houses don't even HAVE a patron at all.
  • BorranBorran ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent Member Posts: 845 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    edited March 2016
    If my memory isn't complete mush, the Mythos says mortals will inherit the Realm. Maybe Ashtan is the frontrunner for this.  "Who need a god. No gods, no gods, lalalalalala."

• SzanthaxSzanthax San DiegoMember Posts: 1,906 @ - Epic Achaean
    @Daeir so my being online for 30 seconds and asking about the weather didn't keep you enthralled??? For shame!!

• MagentaMagenta ✭✭✭ - Distinguished EuropeMember Posts: 160 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Sarapis said:
    You're sane?! :(
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna beMember Posts: 3,370 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited March 2016
    Jaizsur said:
    I think exploring needs some more in-game rewards other than the bragging rights of the various tiers of rank. Personally, I found exploring to be the most enjoyable part of the game (was Jaizsur's primary motivation which perhaps many people didn't realize) but it also connects you with the game on a much richer level.  My passion for exploring helped me with world events, foozles, egghunts, ctfs, quizzes, riddles... I think it's not more popular of an activity because it's (tangibly) unrewarding.

The exploring purist in me thinks that you should explore just for the sake of exploration and expanding your knowledge but (this is a game and all) I think Achaea would benefit from greater player retention & involvement if there were some tiered rewards associated with climbing the explorer ranks. Many people, I assume, would end up connecting with the game in ways they didn't even realize if they had just slightly more incentive to get out there and check out area they hadn't been to yet. These days if there aren't good bashing mobs many people don't even make the effort!

So whether it be bound credits or lessons with progressively increasing amounts as you climb the ranks, Achaea can better incentivize diving deep into the world's rich history!
    I honestly think that (EDIT: almost) nobody would benefit from tangible rewards such as credits or lessons. The avid explorers would be unhappy with the inflow of people exploring simply for the rewards and the people exploring simply for the rewards (those who don't enjoy exploration) would feel either forced to explore or feel like they were at a disadvantage if they didn't. I'd definitely support rewards like trinkets or more interesting interactions like the Wander Inn, but I definitely don't support credit/lesson rewards.

And enjoy those three bound credits mister :>
    Huh. Neat.
    HalosUtianimaTaeltwo
  • UtianimaUtianima ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent Norway and AustriaMember Posts: 261 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Jaizsur said:
    I think exploring needs some more in-game rewards other than the bragging rights of the various tiers of rank. Personally, I found exploring to be the most enjoyable part of the game (was Jaizsur's primary motivation which perhaps many people didn't realize) but it also connects you with the game on a much richer level.  My passion for exploring helped me with world events, foozles, egghunts, ctfs, quizzes, riddles... I think it's not more popular of an activity because it's (tangibly) unrewarding.

The exploring purist in me thinks that you should explore just for the sake of exploration and expanding your knowledge but (this is a game and all) I think Achaea would benefit from greater player retention & involvement if there were some tiered rewards associated with climbing the explorer ranks. Many people, I assume, would end up connecting with the game in ways they didn't even realize if they had just slightly more incentive to get out there and check out area they hadn't been to yet. These days if there aren't good bashing mobs many people don't even make the effort!

So whether it be bound credits or lessons with progressively increasing amounts as you climb the ranks, Achaea can better incentivize diving deep into the world's rich history!
    Wow, great idea! You makes me want to explore more.. even if there isn't a good bashing mob there.

Sign In to Comment.