R.I.P.

This month has not bode well for our beloved British superstars. First Lemmy from Motorhead, then David Bowie of all people, and now Alan Rickman. The culprit? Cancer. It seems as if losing talent of this caliber has been an unthinkable thing for years, and as a new year dawns, three of the fan favourites are swept away in one fell swoop. These are parts of a lot of lives that, as they pass from this world, live on in our memories and the joy they brought us based on their brilliant performances. So here's for three beloved and departed Kings of the stage: Lemmy, David Bowie, and Alan Rickman. Thanks for the memories.

Comments

• WTF you just learned me on Rickman... WTF...

• A horrible thing to wake up to and start the day with. 
  • I'm terribly sad about this. I loved Alan Rickman. I grew up having a crush on David Bowie for is Goblin King portrayal. 
  • SzanthaxSzanthax San Diego
    edited January 2016
    Us have the labrynth album and know shell the songs by heart. :( 

Sad because I just made this picture of my face on his and...well... Yeah.

• MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    Have not seen A Little Chaos or Love Actually yet (Alan Rickman movies). Am getting both today and will be watching along with Sense and Sensibility, Hitchhiker's, and probably slip in a Harry Potter movie or two for the next few days. I imagine I'll probably be watching others, just the immediate line-up for now.

Such a heartbroken day.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • Really sad about Alan Rickman :(
  • While not British, René Angélil also lost his battle with cancer recently.

He was the manager of Celine Dion/Her husband. He was also an artist himself.
  • Aesi said:
    While not British, René Angélil also lost his battle with cancer recently.

Wasn't it just like...a couple hours ago? My friend in the office next to mine at work is in LOVE with Celine and rushed in to tell me this afternoon, then proceeded to blast her music all afternoon. 
  • Artemis said:
    Aesi said:
    While not British, René Angélil also lost his battle with cancer recently.

Wasn't it just like...a couple hours ago? My friend in the office next to mine at work is in LOVE with Celine and rushed in to tell me this afternoon, then proceeded to blast her music all afternoon. 
    Yeah it wasn't very long ago.

We blasted MY heart will go on and did interpretive dance. It was therapeutic.
  • I read about that in the Times today at work. Cancer is claiming a lot of celebrities this year. Meanwhile, Keith Richards is going strong, apparently having become immortal from the drug cocktail swimming around in his ancient veins. 
  • Galaxy Quest is a pretty good movie that has Alan Rickman.
  • Hans Gruber, man.
  • KayeilKayeil Washington State
    I had no idea Galaxy Quest was so popular.
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

• Dogma will probably be my favourite.
  • Quigley Down Under's always been a favorite that's rarely mentioned.

[spoiler][/spoiler]
  • Prince of Thieves is my favourite of him. He brings so much life and wit opposite Costner's deadpan boring performance.

• HyperlithHyperlith San Fierro area, San Andreas
    Bottle Shock was a great Rickman movie as well; such an important little story with a lot of good actors.

• KayeilKayeil Washington State
    http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/glenn-frey-eagles-founding-member-dies-york-city/story?id=36364510

This is devastating to me. I'm a HUGE Eagles fan, easily in my top five favorite bands.  :(

What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

• Man, 2016 sucks so far
  • edited January 2016
    The optimist in me wants to say it can only get better. The pessimist in me wants to sayoohqwensbqweohqwefsee

The superstition in me stopped the pessimist from saying anything else. 
  • Didn't Celine Dion's brother die or was told he was going to die relatively soon like four days after Rene died too?
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Is it sad that I cried more when Snape died than when Snape actually died?  :(
    Huh. Neat.
  • Aesi said:
    Didn't Celine Dion's brother die or was told he was going to die relatively soon like four days after Rene died too?
    He did! :( Will Celine's heart go on?
  • Artemis said:
    Aesi said:
    Didn't Celine Dion's brother die or was told he was going to die relatively soon like four days after Rene died too?
    I hope so. The poor woman!
  • Artemis said:
    Aesi said:
    Szandisfavour... I'm sure the Power of Love will sustain her.. Because You Loved Me I'm sure she'll never be All By Myself....

• Szanthax said:
    Artemis said:
    Aesi said:
    Szandisfavour... I'm sure the Power of Love will sustain her.. Because You Loved Me I'm sure she'll never be All By Myself....
    And That's the Way It Is. (If you're old enough to associate these words with a journalist, not a singer, you're in good company but the wrong thread.)
    Miin-aan baash kimini-sij-i-gan bitooyin sij-i-gan-i bukwayszhiigan = blueberry π
  • Boosteya said:
    Szanthax said:
    Artemis said:
    Aesi said:
    And That's the Way It Is. (If you're old enough to associate these words with a journalist, not a singer, you're in good company but the wrong thread.)
    Not and that's the way the cookie crumbles? Lol

• Nooooooooooooooooo Prince  :'(:'(:'(:'(
  • Is this what it sounds like when Doves cry?

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Time for me to go into my attic and dig out my Prince 12" singles...

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."