Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

Dragon riding for fun and profit

DaeirDaeir AustraliaMember Posts: 6,276 @@ - Legendary Achaean
Dragonmount                Act as a carrier for your companions

AB DRAGONCRAFT DRAGONMOUNT

Dragon:
OFFER BACK <player>

Other:
CLIMB ONTO <DRAGON>

Lower your colossal form to the floor, permitting those of mere mortal stature to mount your back. While your puny charges are mounted, they will be unable to move on their own without dismounting first, but will follow your movements across the land on your back, and into the skies, should you choose to take to them.

Mounted dragonriders are afforded a deal of protection from the hapless attacks of feeble denizens, with your towering form absorbing most of the blow. The wily attacks of other adventurers will pierce such protection, skillful as they are.

Attempting to pierce the Veil Extant with a rider upon your back would be folly for the tiny mortal, so you shall deposit them unceremoniously upon the ground should you attempt such a feat.

Actual effects:
  • Permanent defend type effect on the mounted rider while mounted, only against denizens.
  • Locks the mounted player into the Dragon's entourage until dismounted. Will follow through all forced movement effects.
  • Any adventurer attack that prones the Dragon will have a chance to thrust the mounted rider from their perch and onto the floor.
  • Mounted player will follow in general movement, dashing, galloping, flight, track, hoist, etc.
  • Attempting to PTV will immediately unmount the rider and thrust them onto the floor prone with a 3s bal.

Because why the hell not, right? Take those newbies Sidhe bashing, show them what REAL hunting is like.
ShirszaeKyrraSkyeSarathaiAereidhnaPraxidesExelethrilEthoasNaverreBluefHalosOceanaElowinJhaeliAegothRohaiShimiAziikZbaco

Comments

• KyrraKyrra Sanctum of the SkyMember Posts: 4,824 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    The MUD I used to play before I came to Achaea had a centaur race, and they could let people mount them similar to what you're suggesting here with dragons. It was actually pretty awesome, couldn't be abused, and was really great for hunting with someone.

I think the only positive-negative to the centaur thing was that their balance for movement was the only thing that mattered and it didn't matter if the rider was off balance.  That was really convenient but that was kind of a bad. @Verrucht knows what I'm talking about here.

I'd love to see something like this put in. It'd definitely encourage more group hunting with dragons and lesser mortals, too.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

VerruchtAereidhnaJhaeli
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess BellatereMember, Seafaring Liason Posts: 2,911 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    What happens if the person riding you is also actually a dragon, just lesserformed?

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the StormMember Posts: 3,178 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    I imagine they count as mere mortal stature

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • DaeirDaeir AustraliaMember Posts: 6,276 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited September 2015
    Obviously only lesserformed people would be able to ride dragons. If they tried to dragonform on your back, they'd get dismounted.
  • AthelasAthelas Cape Town South AfricaMember Posts: 293 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Yea, Athelas would like to take his daughter to Meropis on a sight seeing trip, but he's to damn afraid those rams and bears would find her just the right size to be a tasty snack.

Having her riding along could be an awesome solution to that. :)
    Aziik
  • CooperCooper IowaMember Posts: 4,982 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    I ain't letting no sub level 99 plebs on my back.

Morthif
  • HalosHalos San FranciscoMember Posts: 1,462 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    @Carmell's bridle ordered and paid for

AodfionnTreyShirszaeMorthif
  • SaevaSaeva Member Posts: 1,939 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Daeir said:
    Obviously only lesserformed people would be able to ride dragons. If they tried to dragonform on your back, they'd get dismounted pregnant.

Not even once. I mean you can hoist and carry lesserforms in your talons. I like that more. It's a lot more brutal. Would never let someone ride on my back.

MelodieSkyeJhaeliCooper
  • JhaeliJhaeli Member Posts: 541 @ - Epic Achaean
    I imagine the idea is that you'd have to offer first, over which you would have complete control...although a dragon rodeo with who can stay on the longest might be rather amusing. :chuffed: 

Also, while allowing them to ride and be protected from denizen attacks seems reasonable, I think they should not be able to attack from dragonback or benefit from the experience if the dragon is attacking. While it would be nice for flavour/sight-seeing, it shouldn't really allow anyone to take a newbie Annwyn-hunting and actually benefit from it.

"Gilgamesh, where are you hurrying to? You will never find that [everlasting] life for which you are looking. When the gods created man they allotted to him death, but life they retained in their own keeping. As for you, Gilgamesh, fill your belly with good things; day and night, night and day, dance and be merry, feast and rejoice. Let your clothes be fresh, bathe yourself in water, cherish the little child that holds your hand, and make your wife happy in your embrace; for this too is the lot of man." 

• AegothAegoth Member Posts: 2,663 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    All my yes to this idea. Dragonriding! @SAEVA !! I'm coming for yooouuuuu
  • TrevizeTrevize Member Posts: 1,517 @ - Epic Achaean
    edited September 2015
    I love the idea. I do think experience gain should not exist for the rider, and the rider should not be targetable by denizens attacks/denizen area attacks (except player ents) nor perform attacks. Think of it more as a travel/showoffy thing. And very bad for pvp (since others could target you but you couldn't do a damn thing).

To add, I also believe it should be offered by the dragon, those in dragon shouldn't be able to ride, dragonforming should be disabled for the rider (just like offensive attacks) and lesserform should give an error for the dragon. Dragons should have a 'force dismount' option (tailremove, perhaps: In a blur of motion, Trevize's tail removes you from his back and you find yourself on the ground.)
    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
    AustereAereidhna
  • AustereAustere TennesseeMember Posts: 2,236 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Halos said:

Need a lift,  @Halos? Will totes take you explorationing.
    Halos
  • LithorinLithorin Member Posts: 29
    i am not a dragon yet but will be as soon as i can, I can't see letting another person ride me around. but meh to each their own. I like the idea because i like there to be options. I would add that you should gain nothing toward your explorer rank while riding a dragon because the dragon is sentient and in control of where you go. where as mounts are not and you control where they go
Sign In to Comment.