Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

Forum Unravel Protection - auto-bury posts from select users

DaeirDaeir AustraliaMember Posts: 6,276 @@ - Legendary Achaean
edited March 2014 in Tech Support
http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/427781

You will need Greasemonkey (or Tampermonkey for Chrome) in order to use this script - simply navigate to the link above and follow the instructions listed. It's as simple as adding a username to a variable. No fuss, no mess. Posts are seamlessly buried like they were downvoted hard enough and can be read normally by clicking on them as per the normal standard. Self-conscious? Bury your own posts! Want to know what it feels like to be a forum version of Bal'met? Hide the Pentad's posts, pretend Sarapis is Strata! Doesn't hide reactions or anything like that. Simple, clean, effective.

Nobody will ever know.

I take donations in the form of pictures of birds (preferably parakeets) and terrible puns.
BlujixapugBluefVeldrinSabahJonathinHalosJulesTvistorKeiVicious

Comments

• TreyTrey Member Posts: 4,723 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    @Daeir ilubby but if tears generated electric current we could power the whole of Australia on you alone, based on this. The go-to reaction of "I don't like this" being hiding things from yourself is hardly a healthy one.

BlujixapugKyrraAitoxNellaundra
  • DaeirDaeir AustraliaMember Posts: 6,276 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited March 2014
    Probably, but I'm not a therapist. I developed the functionality for myself and released it after I heard several people wanted the same thing. My own personal burylist only has 3 people on it, in any case. I tend to still read most of their posts regardless! Use it, or don't. The ball is in your court, for once!
    Update fixes an issue where post burying was inconsistent depending on whether the user had location data set or not (this affected everyone - reinstall!)
    Where's my fuckin' parakeet puns/pictures you harlots
    TvistorAlcinae
  • NellaundraNellaundra Member Posts: 1,556 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited April 2014

I hope this picture of a bird has deterred the urge for you to go on a purge.

I was going to type more, but a full parakeet of text isn't quite reachable by flap of wing today, so you'll have to settle down for a roost to wait for the rest.
    DaeirSarapisTvistor
  • VeldrinVeldrin DenmarkMember Posts: 421 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Here's one of Twinzy

DaeirWysteriaAislingVicious
    yessssssssssssssssss
  • AepasAepas Member Posts: 1,619 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    is... twinzy real?

Replies the scorpion: "It's my nature..."
  • BluefBluef DelosMember Posts: 2,176 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Aepas said:
    I use this for Achirmist and Bluef. 10/10 would purchase again!
    I agree. I've used it for @Kyrra, @Kaitali, and @Aepas! So much better this way.
    JonathinAchimrstHaldonKaitaliVicious
  • AchimrstAchimrst NatureMember Posts: 3,608 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    I would use this thing, but the shit you people spew is too funny.

#Troll4Life
    NimJulesKerriaShirszae
  • HasarHasar Member Posts: 795 @ - Epic Achaean
    Oh, @Saeva. Only a hoe would make such jokes.

SaevaDaeirKresslack
    Hasar said:
    @Hasar made a bad joke.

BLOCKED!
    SaevaHalos
  • SaevaSaeva Member Posts: 1,939 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Hasar said:

HalosYaeJhaeli
  • WysteriaWysteria Member Posts: 1,826 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    @Veldrin can I have that budgie?
    "Faded away like the stars in the morning,
     Losing their light in the glorious sun,
     Thus would we pass from this earth and its toiling,
     Only remembered for what we have done."

• VeldrinVeldrin DenmarkMember Posts: 421 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    well I got the image from http://halfsider.com/
    Wysteria
  • CynlaelCynlael Member Posts: 3,257 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Achimrst said:

#Troll4Life
    Please tell me that you don't legitimately think the things you say is trolling...

Achimrst pls...

Cynlael said:
    Achimrst said:

#Troll4Life
    Please tell me that you don't legitimately think the things you say is trolling...

Achimrst pls...
    I make people fight about Hashan, what do you do again?
  • JulesJules Member Posts: 2,169 @ - Epic Achaean
    edited April 2014
    Good on you for having the technical competence to create a functionality that probably should exist on the forums themselves, and that IRE didn't really want to be available to users.  All in all I love IRE, and I certainly love the game, but I don't like how controlling they've been in terms of not only their own proprietary forums, but in systematically quashing alternative game forums, so little things like this that stick it to "the man" are kind of satisfying.  All of that said, as someone forged in the trolling fires of several old forums (IRE and otherwise), actually hiding any user, no matter how disgusting, mean, or annoying, is almost unimaginable to me. 
    Shadrac
  • NimNim Member Posts: 2,015 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    My favorite part about this thread is the fact that it's called "Forum Unravel Protection." I don't know why but it amuses me a lot. :c
    @Jules: Well, in IRE's defense, their forum provider doesn't offer the ignore plugin built for Vanilla Forums and apparently has no way of giving them that functionality, so I don't really blame them, at least not after finding that out.

I think this is a fine compromise, honestly.
    JulesSiduri
    When this was being discussed sometime back, fairly sure Sarapis said something to the effect of "even if we could (and we can't), I wouldn't allow it".  Thus my little pat on the back/mini-tirade here :P
    He has approved of the rockstar parakeet, and this thread still exists, so I assume that is some form of casual nod to continue distributing this thing openly.
    Oh no, I agree.  I don't think the "High Council of They" is going to bother messing with this.  On the original note, it's a nifty bit of crafting people clearly appreciate.
    I actually had another version of the script which I released a few months ago, to very little use. I don't think anyone ever ended up using it. It completely deleted posts instead of burying them, and disabled reactions and avatar bars as well. I ended up not using it after a while when I got tired of reading fragmented conversations all the time.
  • EldEld Member Posts: 3,946 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Daeir said:
    I actually had another version of the script which I released a few months ago, to very little use. I don't think anyone ever ended up using it. It completely deleted posts instead of burying them, and disabled reactions and avatar bars as well. I ended up not using it after a while when I got tired of reading fragmented conversations all the time.
    I had just finally started using that one a couple weeks before you updated it.
Sign In to Comment.