Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

Combat Logs

Comments

• JovoloJovolo EnglandMember Posts: 3,238 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    The Magi always has the advantage going into return because they have complete control over when it gets dropped. They can time it whenever it is most beneficial for them. Pretending otherwise is silly, but that doesn't inherently mean retardation is bad. I'd actually prefer it be kept for 1v1 and phased out of group combat somehow
  • AtalkezAtalkez Member Posts: 5,038 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Jovolo said:
    The Magi always has the advantage going into return because they have complete control over when it gets dropped. They can time it whenever it is most beneficial for them. Pretending otherwise is silly, but that doesn't inherently mean retardation is bad. I'd actually prefer it be kept for 1v1 and phased out of group combat somehow
    See I’m the opposite. Magi got this great rework and has one of the best offenses in the game. Ret has nothing to do with any of their routes whatsoever, so it’s usage 1v1 is just weird to me outright. I like it in groups because it can be an equalizer for smaller teams.

You hug Aurora compassionately.
  • TeshaTesha Member Posts: 2,935 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    BM has some options in ret, but you're 100% going to struggle against people with an amnesia pet or two if your curing isn't set up to handle them correctly. I've fought people with and without amnesia pet, and without amnesia pet, Magi doesn't have the speed to outpace curing unless the opponent repeatedly makes mistakes.

i'm a rebel

Is there anyone here that actually thinks amnesia is a good affliction tho? We should just del it
  • AegothAegoth Member Posts: 2,798 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Would love to replace amnesia with vertani stun. Let's do it
    Atalkez said:
    Jovolo said:
    See I’m the opposite. Magi got this great rework and has one of the best offenses in the game. Ret has nothing to do with any of their routes whatsoever, so it’s usage 1v1 is just weird to me outright. I like it in groups because it can be an equalizer for smaller teams.
    I agree that 1v1, a good magi shouldn't need to ret at all. If it is done, it's usually a "fuck you" to whoever you're doing it to. I much prefer fighting people with destroy/pummel routes because they are more versatile.
    Hmm, well I suppose it sounds like we may as well just remove retardation and continue to refocus Magi's kit in line with their updates!
    Mizik
  • AdrikAdrik ✭✭✭ - Distinguished Member Posts: 212 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Aegoth said:
    I can't speak for BM, since it's a shitty class for ret. That, in and of itself, doesn't justify nerfing ret embed at all, more that BM needs some ret-related QoL with their attacks. Let's take serpent, for example: on ret embed they can delph/delph so the magi starts prone. Snake already passively prones while they can lay on other affs. Serpent can save their snap for ret, etc. Monks? Forget about it.. just telepathy spam. Alchies have passive disrupt homonc. Bard has lunge/DFA/prone songbird/hallelujah (which currently fires in ret for cures)/etc.  DW can just spam degen/reap and laugh at ret while attune fires. Everyone has web. I could go on. 

That some classes like BM have a disadvantage isn't necessarily a terrible thing, but I can agree that they do need to be more ret-friendly. There is no excuse, though, for bad plays like Adrik is doing, especially for bard.
    DFA requires me to leap high. Which can be stopped from being indoors or frozen ground. Prone songbird.. I have no idea what that means. Do you mean singing while prone? Because guess what. That does nothing If the target is deaf.

Lunge "works" but again. The magi can ref to block it.. The prone is useless since the magi can panpiped prone. Amnesia still fucking sucks to fight against, and monkshood would mean that i prone and give that.. And look at that. He's still fucking using panpipes from prone.

If i know they're only going to fight in ret, i can do decently well. The issue comes from the fact that's ALL he does, and no amount of work on my part stops panpipes from working while prone. Stop it from working prone and I'll be fine. I know Bard fucks in Ret. It's just the fact that ret +prone sleep +amnesia pets makes it fucking obnoxious to deal with in any meaningful fashion.
  • CooperCooper Member Posts: 5,295 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Selling a complete set of panpipes, 1000 credits.

Jovolo
  • AstarodAstarod ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent Member Posts: 489 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    I think my two cents is, I shouldn't have be able to be insta-truescrewed for burst/truedeath because I didn't react within the 4 seconds in the specific way I need to. I feel like if anything, Magi needs to be changed within ret. Perhaps not nerfed, changed- just so we can have a dynamic fight, because sometimes it feels like I'm just eternally tumbling while the magi figures their shit out and spams lullaby/paralysis/prone. 
    The Divine voice of Twilight echoes in your head, "See that it is. I espy a tithe of potential in your mortal soul, Astarod Blackstone. Let us hope that it flourishes and does not falter as so many do."
    Cooper said:
    Selling a complete set of panpipes, 1000 credits.
    Filthy opportunist
    Cooper
    Get rid of panpipes, bam. Issue is solved. Panpipes is a ridiculous item anyway. It's not necessarily a ret problem, it's a panpipe problem
  • MizikMizik Member Posts: 2,128 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Don't mind panpipes, whatever they are. Panpipes don't break the game.

• CooperCooper Member Posts: 5,295 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Upping price to 1500. Ignore Mizik.

Dochitha
  • SobriquetSobriquet Member Posts: 2,418 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Oh, look. An influx of items has caused balancing problems. No shit Sherlock.
  • KuririnKuririn ✭✭ - Stalwart Member Posts: 56 ✭✭ - Stalwart
    A bit of hit and run with Katalyst's rusty Occultist
    https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/9G6H5o3h
    Katalyst
  • AdaAda ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent Member Posts: 218 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent

• TorinnTorinn Member Posts: 1,281 @ - Epic Achaean
    I'd be disappointed if that didn't happen  ;)
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."
    Fought Mizik for what seemed like 5 minutes, finally just barely managed to damage him out after a well fought back and forth battle.  Good fight my man. B)

https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/KDDMkajD (First 5-6 balances cut off unfortunately)
    Dang. Messy. 
    Very much so, but I wasn't trying to be fancy.  I wasn't trying to be slick.  Wasn't even trying to be efficient.  Just win baby. B)
    https://ada-young.com/pastebin/iUj6LUFJ

Long log, didn’t get everything. Lots of fun fighting @Krizal today. Dirty TT sympathizer!

Caelan
  • IsrayhlIsrayhl ✭✭✭ - Distinguished Member Posts: 189 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
  • TaryiusTaryius Member Posts: 737 @ - Epic Achaean
    edited October 5
    https://ada-young.com/pastebin/9rukLznF (Firelord vs Sentinel)

https://ada-young.com/pastebin/3S39sEFD (Firelord vs Airlord)

I'll toss some more firelord logs out there, defending myself from a bounty. It's not in that bad of a place right now, bit slow for a momentum class but it has good defensive tools once you can get to maximum spark to help make up for that. It still gets dumpstered by heavily artefacts classes with good resistances to fire.
    IsrayhlReysonDunnJethan
  • DunnDunn Member, Secret Squirrel Posts: 6,233 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Ive enjoyed fire lord so far. I think it definitely has the tools to be good. The utility has saved my ass a lot the last few days too. 

Nice logs!

TaryiusJethan
  • TaryiusTaryius Member Posts: 737 @ - Epic Achaean
    Here are some less than serious fights, between @Aegoth and I.

The Magi fight was interesting, make sure if you're ignoring ablaze for the Firelord regen that you have a toggle to start curing it again before a Magi just eats you up, or just let their own inferno shred them with 20-30% passive self damage ticks in a crucible.
    AegothMizik
    God I love the flavour lines. 
    https://ada-young.com/pastebin/lF2EHgW4

Started out looking rough but we turned it around. Scary combo, once shakaxchulu figures out how to Psion.

So, finally pulled off 5 limb dispatch against Kog, since everyone knows how to evade my old one apparently.

https://ada-young.com/pastebin/epTr6-u-
Sign In to Comment.