Occultist Classlead

Comments

• I said most fun, sir.

• MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    Deathknight is most fun 1 v 1 class

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • Apostate is most fun 1v1 class - ask @Jovolo !

• Raja apostate before traits was. RIP

• All wrong. Tripple jab bard :( rip.
  • edited August 2013
    I miss the original bard. I was one of the lucky people to have in the 3k-3.5k health range 7 years ago when that foolery was going on.

Triplejab and DFA both one shot me with no prep. Didn't matter which one they used. Man, the game was so broken back then. 

Much like how obliterate required a lit firecracker, the 4000 damage DFA required the bard to be in the trees when they started it. Clearly balanced.

• Good thing there aren't any urban equivalents to trees, like...say...skylines or rooftops.

• FitzFitz Fire and Spice
    Is it telling about how lazy I am that my first thought about seeing the changes was to complain about how many new macros I was going to have to make?

• Santar said:
    I miss the original bard. I was one of the lucky people to have in the 3k-3.5k health range 7 years ago when that foolery was going on.

Triplejab and DFA both one shot me with no prep. Didn't matter which one they used. Man, the game was so broken back then. 

Much like how obliterate required a lit firecracker, the 4000 damage DFA required the bard to be in the trees when they started it. Clearly balanced.
    There was clearly prep. You had to do like 'prepare doublejab' or something to make it work and then wait a few seconds.

• Wasnt it tripple jab? I may be wrong, memory is hazy
  • RIP Griefel

:((
  • I remember I played t jab bard for a little bit. Obsceneeeee

• mmm movable percussia stacks and dragon triplejab.

Downside was you had to join Bard guild and Cyrene.  Ultimate balancer right there.
  • Invisible airborne percussia ambushes that stunned everyone at ground level too. I hated triplejab because of the wind up
  • Ugh pre accentato bashing.
  • Mizik said:
    Ugh pre accentato bashing.

@Mizik: Granted, my character was too busy trying to get past a defense test without proper curing triggers back in the guild days, but how bad was old bard bashing?

• Quit class, wield rapier. Start slashing and jabbing mobs... There you go.
  • Old school troll infernal bashing. Whaaaaaat.

• Old old school phased Serpent bashing...?
    Cascades of quicksilver light streak across the firmament as the celestial voice of Ourania intones, "Oh Jarrod..."

• I'm with Dunn on that one. Old school Troll infernal before the def stacking changes and oldschool putre was so nasty...aside from the troll racial 50% exp gain.
  • Dunn said:
    Old school troll infernal bashing. Whaaaaaat.
    When def-stacked to the max I could literally tank deathknights without using any active curing. (Earth shield, putrefaction, old horkie resistances, toughness, and runes).

• Can someone update me on what these new things do? It feels so weird to fight an occultist without them pitting me. Is Cadmus instant? What is this weakened mind thing? They are so stressful!

i'm a rebel

• Sabiru said:
    Yeah, it hasn't really been explained anywhere. Feels like old occie secrecy nonsense and I think the game's past that.

Here's a rough account of how it works:

Ents are the same, though the passive effects have been removed, orb effectiveness has been reduced and scented baubles now have a moderate chance to work. Instead, Occies now have access to a new mechanic type thing called influence. For every affliction they give you within a certain window now, they have a chance to gain a point of influence (influence decays rapidly if you leave the room, as Santar alluded to earlier in this thread). At certain influence levels they are able to command their entities to attack people, either in their room, or (with enough influence) adjacent.

The various entity attacks range from the simple (cadmus, which takes 1 influence and punishes focusing) to the more powerful (skyrax takes 3 influence and completely hides the next tarot fling, including death tarot). At 10 influence they can command pyradius, essentially severing your connection to your rift for 60 seconds - this shouldn't be too strong, really,  provided you outr a good number of each cure before about 30sec into the fight.

It seems like gaining influence would be easy, but I think the balancer is that they only have a limited pool of afflictions, and none are overly strong. Since you can't be afflicted with something that you already have, the best strategy might be to determine what number of afflictions you can ignore while maintaining your offense, as the more afflictions you have, the harder it will be for them to afflict you with new things etc.

tl;dr: Cure only the very important afflictions (darkshade after 50sec, for example), and they'll struggle to make progress - if you just stick with the generic curing though that you use for other classes you'll have a hard time.

So they're alchemists now. So crazy it just might work.
    I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • Dunn said:
    Laughed so hard at the number of likes.
    Disagreed for the sake of not confusing poor noobs. :(
  • FitzFitz Fire and Spice
    Terra said:
    Dunn said:
    Laughed so hard at the number of likes.
    Disagreed for the sake of not confusing poor noobs. :(
    You mean Tesha? That's just rude.

• I hate everyone. 

i'm a rebel

• I don't know if I asked this already but what do ents do know when their Occultist has disloyalty?
    I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.