Coats of Arms

Comments

• Titonus said:
    Berenene said:
    I tried doing mine ages ago, but I couldn't find a staff.  Does anyone know or have one?
    A staff for what?

Also, thank you everyone for your input!
    Well, my arms are "Argent, a staff Sable and a crown Gules."
    The staff I've been trying to find would be like a wooden mages staff type thing, the closest I think that would work would probably be Asclepius' staff, but without the snake twining around it.
    Janeway: Tuvok! *clapclap* Release my hounds!
    Krenim: Hounds? How cliche.
    Janeway: Tuvok! *clapclap* Release my rape gorilla!
    Krenim: ...We'll show ourselves out.
  • Holy crap that thing is awesome!  Thanks, @Kresslack!
  • I like playing around with arms that have no or very simple charges (hence Ginmund's arms in my profile pic), and so have found Blazonry Server quite fun. It can't support most charges beyond mullets and roundels but it's good for creating fields. And unlike Achaean heraldry, counterchanging- a personal favorite of mine- is supported!

Ginmund (I) wrote a rather detailed guide to heraldry specifically for Wardens, so it's only available in the House library. He could probably be persuaded to create a version for the city library after I've finished a few work projects.   :)
  • AmunetAmunet Spokane, Washington, USA
    @Phaestus, humour us and make counterchanging possible! I get requests for it all the time, and I've dealt with more than one fit of rage upon telling people it isn't possible.
    My avatar is an image created by this very talented gentleman, of whose work I am extremely jealous. It was not originally a picture of Amunet, but it certainly looks a great deal like how I envision her!
  • Amunet said:
    @Phaestus, humour us and make counterchanging possible! I get requests for it all the time, and I've dealt with more than one fit of rage upon telling people it isn't possible.
    Back when heraldry was new, I had an email convo with Clementius in which he said the system as set up could not handle counterchanging and could not be changed to make it so. I quit Achaea for four years shortly thereafter.
  • KenwayKenway San Francisco
    I realize I haven't actually gotten one yet but I couldn't resist.

- Limb Counter - Fracture Relapsing -
    "Honestly, I just love that it counts limbs." - Mizik Corten
  • Ginmund said:
    Amunet said:
    Back when heraldry was new, I had an email convo with Clementius in which he said the system as set up could not handle counterchanging and could not be changed to make it so. I quit Achaea for four years shortly thereafter.

Yeah, it's unfortunately still not possible... the heraldry code is a bit, err,.... *diplomatic trailing off* It's no reason to rage quit for four years though. Please stay. Also get knighted!
  • AmunetAmunet Spokane, Washington, USA
    Ugh. I'd heard that rumour and had hoped it wasn't true! That's unfortunate. Thank you for the information, though.
    My avatar is an image created by this very talented gentleman, of whose work I am extremely jealous. It was not originally a picture of Amunet, but it certainly looks a great deal like how I envision her!
  • TitonusTitonus Youngstown, Ohio
    So, more like this(I know the edges are choppy, shut up about it)?

• In a bout of...something...I've finally pieced mine together. It's probably not "correct" but meh.
    Argent, a staff Sable and a crown Gules
  • TitonusTitonus Youngstown, Ohio
    Very nice

• More people should put up some pics of their coats of arms, these are cool.

I got my basic knowledge of heraldic whatnots from the Internet, but in a non-visual way. http://www.digiserve.com/heraldry/pimbley.htm has no images, which I think really helped me to visualise Achaea's ones.

That said, I've just spent a while with a notepad and pencil drawing out a load of the CoAs from the game. So many really good ones.
  • So here is Korben's:

It took me a while to find an appropriate black lotus image for it last night, and when I did the forums crashed.
  • RuthRuth Singapore
    edited June 2013
    This took mega-long to do on MS Paint, but this is roughly what Ruth's CoA looks like.

Per pale Argent and Sanguine, a fret Sable between a fleur-de-lis in fess Gules and a falcon displayed sinister

The meanings of the different symbols seem to fit Ruth pretty well too, though I'm not too sure how reliable this site is.
    "Mummy, I'm hungry, but there's no one to eat! :C"

• edited July 2013
    Amed's arms:
    Quarterly Ermines and Purpure, a saltire engrailed Argent between a falcon displayed contourny in chief Sable and a wolf sejeant in base Sable.

It might be hard to see the charges.
    Not sure why the photo won't post.
  • edited July 2013
    This is Jonners Coat of Arms. 'Per fess indented, Argent and Sanguine, a butterfly volant in chief Sable and an open book in base Or.' The butterfly is a bit more simplistic than I'd like but it's the best I could find and I suck at the visual arts.
    ~
    You close your eyes momentarily and extend the range of your vision, seeking out the presence of Drugs. 
    Though too far away to accurately perceive details, you see that Drugs is in Mhaldor.
  • edited July 2013

Per chevron Sable and Azure, a scorpion in base Argent and a lotus in chief Argent.

• A little bit OOC, but still on the CoA topic, I need some help.

I was flicking through some files on my pc, and happened across my family CoA, but the only problem is that it only has the picture.  Is anyone here able to put it in correct heraldry terms?  The closest I got was something like Party per cross azure and argent, but that wasn't right or all of it.
  • edited July 2013
    Quarterly, Argent and Azure per pale and barry with an eagle displayed in chief Sable; Argent, a cross crosslet Or surrounded by four passion cross of the same....is about as close as I can figure. 

The northeast and southwest panels break the primary rule of (achaean) heraldry in that it's metal on metal and I can tell you right now that the whole would not be allowed ig whatsoever. We can't do quarterly in that amount of detail and we're missing the cross charges.

• Thanks @Anaidiana.
  • my pleasure, @berenene ! <3

• KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    The Achaean description would be:

Vert, a wolf's head erased contourny Argent within an orle of the second.
  • I figure Bann's looks kinda similar to this...

Except the print is in gold and it has little talons at the end of each toe. Probably tilted a bit more to the left, too.

• KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    You won the dog show!

• Thanks for the correction. I ended up flipping the image to keep the word count down a bit. 
  • So I'm a liar. I didn't end up going with that design due to a reincarnation (two actually) as well as rethinking my background. So after 10+ iterations here is the actual (and as of 5 minutes ago: finalized) design:

The arms of Liyane: Per chevron Vert and Argent, a pair of wings in chief of the second and a runeblade in base. In modern Achaean: A silver pair of wings positioned near the top and a runeblade positioned near the bottom, on a green and silver background divided into two by a chevron-shaped line.

A huge shout out to @Aelyn for putting up with my indecisiveness and repeated redesigns.