Dragon's Tail Bar - that's the Spirit!

Comments

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    @Peak, I'll bring you some when I visit?
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• OceanaOceana North Sea
    If you want an interesting glass (and a good beer):

• Zentrussio : This was a special cocktail we made where I worked 4 years ago so I might have the measures wrong.
    - 4 limes quartered and muddled in a shaker, add 45ml Zen green tea liquor 15ml green chatruesse, ice and shake. Strain over ice in a hurricane glass. (Can't remember if anything else like lemonade was added....)

??? : No idea of the name but we call it 'the Sunday afternoon special'
    - skin 10 limes, blend. Pour juice through strainer, feel free to mash at the pulp to get every drop out. Wash blender out, dry, fill with ice, pour in strained juice, add liberal amounts of vodka and blend again. Serve in pint glass, garnished with mint leaves and drink with straw/eat with spoon.

And a golden oldie Slippery nipple: 1pt Parasio(lychee liquor), 1pt Vodka, 1 drop grenadine

One night at the bar we had a night were we invented different shots all named after various aspects of resident evil though we didn't write them down and by the end we could barely pour into a shot glass. "Infinite rocket launcher" was something like grandmarnier, baileys, some chocolate liquor? dropped in half a cup of strong, cold black coffee. "Ada wrong" was something like chamboard, blue curaco, midori dropped in redbull.
  • Gonna get drunk for my birthday.  Never drank before, any recommendations?  I was planning on just going for basic.  Jack Daniels.
  • You should tell your friends to bring a bottle of different stuff each and sample to find out what you like. :)
  • edited November 2012
    If you're going to a bar/club with friends:
    Start with a Vegas bomb (redbull in it will get the night started), then drink nothing but straight everclear you can probably try three cocktails before the ingredients stop mattering. Jack & Coke or Rum & Coke are really simple, but can be dangerous because you can't taste the alcohol. If you're looking to try things, I'd suggest a Tequila Sunrise (my favorite tequila is Hussong's), a Hurricane, and a Sex on the Beach. If you're looking to just get obliterated, go with rum/whiskey/vodka and coke/dr.pepper/pepsi.

If you're staying home/going to a friend's place:
    Straight everclear, trashcan punch, mouthwash, rubbing alcohol, keep it simple. Probably Jack & Coke.

Drink responsibly ;)
  • Going out to eat/drink with a few friends, so nothing -that- bad.  Probably gonna go with jack and coke then, thanks folks!
  • edited November 2012
    You have never drunk and want to get drunk the first time you do? Don't really recommend that. Stay with levels you can actually enjoy so you don't spend the next day hating yourself and the rest of your life unable to ever enjoy the drink that made you drunk again. (I did it with rum and now I can't stand rum anymore at all.)

I don't recommend starting with hard+cheap stuff anyways. Better start a bit more expensively, so your purse will act as a natural limit to tell you when to stop.
  • Herenicus said:
    I've been on a Manhattan kick for awhile now. 3-4 shots of whiskey, 1 shot of sweet vermouth, Bitters to taste, cherries for garnish. I approve of the single-malt discussion and note that only a few drops of water are needed to release the aromatics. Putting good scotch on ice seems wasteful when cheap scotch would suffice.
    Neat or go home.

• Halios said:
    Herenicus said:
    I've been on a Manhattan kick for awhile now. 3-4 shots of whiskey, 1 shot of sweet vermouth, Bitters to taste, cherries for garnish. I approve of the single-malt discussion and note that only a few drops of water are needed to release the aromatics. Putting good scotch on ice seems wasteful when cheap scotch would suffice.
    Neat or go home.
    Liked assuming that by "neat" you mean "no ice". @Herenicus is right about a few drops of (pure!) water drawing out aromatics and adding to the overall flavour, but ice results in far too much water and cools it down too much, both counterproductive.
  • Eld said:

Halios said:
    Herenicus said:
    Neat or go home.
    Liked assuming that by "neat" you mean "no ice". @Herenicus is right about a few drops of (pure!) water drawing out aromatics and adding to the overall flavour, but ice results in far too much water and cools it down too much, both counterproductive.
    Couple drops I only use for very old complex stuff (18-25years+ usually).

If its less than 18 years I don't think it needs to be exposed to water at all.
  • Sorry, but jack is gross. stick with rum
  • Mannimar said:

Sorry, but jack is gross. stick with rum

-You're- gross. Stick with Zima.

• with your zimasch and schmirnoff iches yaaa yaaaa
  • I like super girly drinks. The three I tend to stick to when I'm out:
    Drink: Blue Hawaiian (garnish optional):
    1 oz light rum
    1 cherry
    2 oz pineapple juice
    1 oz Blue Curacao liqueur
    1 oz cream of coconut
    1 slice pineapple

Shot: China White
    1/2 oz vodka
    1/2 oz Irish cream
    1/2 oz white creme de cacao

And the good ol' rum and coke, which is pretty much what I used to maintain a constant pleasant buzz when on vacation in the Dominican Republic.
  • Just thinking about Bailey's cocktails makes me nauseous.

• Liked the above post only because Bailey's overpowers nearly everything you put it in. Although mixing Baileys, Kahlua, vodka and creme de menthe is fun for making Dirty Girl Scouts.

• If you're going to post massive pictures of booze, make it something worthwhile.

• Ohh, I have a mixed drink bucket list somewhere. I'll be sure to share ASAP.
    I'll probably be shifting over to Starmourn, seeya there!
    discord: aciidwire#5240
    Please check out my new art page!

• If we're posting massive pictures of booze:

I got liquor-filled chocolates for Christmas.
  • I get a case of those every Christmas, @Sena. Good choice.

My drink of choice-

Mix some of this:

With some of this:

...and drink.

Obv, I can't afford blue label all the time, so black label or Jack Daniels is also acceptable. I go all the way down to caramel-flavored Black Velvet if I've already had enough to drink that taste doesn't matter.
  • "Spicy Bloody Pirate"s are on their way to becoming my favorite lunch-time cocktail (I'm an adult, I can do what I want)
  • "The Brit"

Ingredients:
    15 cans of white stripe cider

Preperation:
    Before attempting to drink, make sure you open can.

Proceed to drink cans as quickly as possible till either A) you pass out B) you are out of cans.

Then proceed to throwing up and passing out after starting a fight with your friend Janika at the local chickeb shop.

Repeat steps till taken "home" by police.

Please note: "home" is the same location Xenomorph was living prior to his release.
  • I have a couple of bottles of (10 year old) Glenmorangie at home, as well as a 10 year old Jura: both are very pleasant. I also have some Welsh(!) whisky: a bottle each of sherrywood- and madeira-finished Penderyn (unaged, because the distillery isn't that old).  Also Brecon gin, which is rather good.

In terms of beers, Deuchars is good, as is 80/-.  Apart from that, I'll generally drink whatever ale is in the pub at the time.
  • In other news Smirnoff Light Lemon Sorbet + montmorency tart cherry juice tastes like a red starburst I am flipping -done-. Anything that allows you to drink an entire bottle in a single chug-session should be considered a weapon of mass destruction per the geneva convention my but the text keeps jumping about the page.

• Lianca agreed with me that means this is totally legit right guys hi Lianca

• LiancaLianca Fire and Spice
    That Lemon Sorbet from Smirnoff is wicked good and mixes to taste delish and innocuous with so many things.

Dangerous stuff.

(hi Trey)
    The sweltering heat of the forge spills out across the land as the rumbling voice of Phaestus booms, "I want you to know, the Garden reaction to that one is: What?"
    The voice of Melantha, Goddess of the Seasons, echoes amid the rustle of leaves, "That's the censored version."
  • HyperlithHyperlith San Fierro area, San Andreas
    Eld said:

If you're in the market for something pricier Blanton's and Booker's are both really good.
    Just got some Blanton's, really nice neat.

Tanaar said:
    My drink of choice-

Yeah, definitely not on a Blue Label budget, but the CA Costco's often have sales on this bad boy. $120 a bottle is worth it versus buying one shot at $25-30. It's actually amazing how decent the wines and spirits are at a warehouse store!

• Hyperlith said:
    Eld said:

If you're in the market for something pricier Blanton's and Booker's are both really good.
    Just got some Blanton's, really nice neat.

Tanaar said:
    My drink of choice-

Yeah, definitely not on a Blue Label budget, but the CA Costco's often have sales on this bad boy. $120 a bottle is worth it versus buying one shot at $25-30. It's actually amazing how decent the wines and spirits are at a warehouse store!
    Yeah, Costco is pretty great for liquor, at least in CA. Haven't been to one here in WA since we legalized private liquor stores to see if they've managed to find a way to price things reasonably despite the absurd taxes.
This discussion has been closed.