Attaining Dragon

Hello. Just wanted to get some advice on hunting for Dragon. What technique did you use? Where did you hunt? How long did it take? Did you do a consistent hour a day or push for hours on end?

Any advice, suggestions, and tips are appreciated!

Comments

• CarmellCarmell Eastern Washington
    I just bashed and bashed and bashed.  Sadly I got dragon back before they had so many other area's I spent lvl 80something to 99 in Bella's keep over and over and over again.  I got bored and started talking back to those annoying handmaidens after awhile. Pretty sure the Gods loved hearing me talk to them all the time.
  • edited July 2013
    I bought a sip ring and a blood pendant, pretty sure they helped since I only have like 11-12 con and 11-12 str (since the icon changed from con to str) and rarely ever got runes but Karai is a Monk.

I just listen to music or have a show split on the screen. Having an auto-targer doesn't hurt either and now that Monks retain stance, it should be easier to hunt. Anyway, I didn't go after huge things that I had to continually hit and run, except for Vertani and Ursu but only if they were in groups otherwise you're wasting time. Just so you know, I only bashed Moghedu twice, Belladonna's maybe five times. There's so many areas, you just have to find a bunch and try to figure out if the xp is good for you.. sometimes that means bashing lower level areas too. Dun was always pretty great for xp and gold.

.. Karai also never hunted Tsol'aa, Tsol'dasi, or the Monks on Judgement Mountains.
  • I actually hunted with someone to get to dragon. It was not as boring, sure the xp gain was slower. That did not bother me too much though. We would loop the Den, Bella's, Mourning Pass, Sirocco (when we still could) UW and Morindar. (Morindar, ugh...but I still hunt there sometimes..heh)  I also got involved in one of the competitions like the Great Hunt. I can't remember what is was, but I know they had a winner for most points questing, most points for denizens killed, and one or two other things maybe.  Just that bit of competition was a good motivator as well. Also hearing "Go get dragon!" or "How close are you?" was equally as good motivation.
  • I never cared for hunting with others all that much. I'd take novices hunting, some Disciples. Otherwise it was just easier to not worry about being brought into an area you'll be killed in and go at a pace you're comfortable with. Penwize did offer to take Karai hunting 20k/hr and guarantee that she'd gain at least 1% even after deaths. Needed the gold for arties, tho.
  • AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    It's not that hard

1) Set a daily xp goal every day you can play.  Something like 10% is pretty reasonable, you do that and you'll hit dragon from level 80 in under 7 months.  And probably faster because if that's the floor you'll probably go over it on some good days.

2) If you can, respec/retrait to max health and crit bonuses.

3) Find a good hunting pattern, you should have a half dozen go to places to hunt so even if option a-d are taken you can go kill time somewhere else until they repop.

4) Crush the double xp events

5) Make it fun.  Personally soft focus, rainbow crits and little random things like that at least made it less tedious.

6) Compete against someone.  Find someone with a similar goal, and race to the finish line.  
  • Loop the spawns, stay hydrated, fed, entertained.
  • @Achilles: Soft focus?

• Synbios said:
    @Achilles: Soft focus?
    Its where your eyes get so blurry from staring at the screen for 10 hours straight and you don't even know what you're doing, thus elevating the excitement and adrenaline. I wouldn't expect an eldiritch abomination to understand.
  • edited July 2013
    Step 1. Kill denizens(or players).
    Step 2. Get dragon.

• Jacen said:
    Synbios said:
    @Achilles: Soft focus?
    Its where your eyes get so blurry from staring at the screen for 10 hours straight and you don't even know what you're doing, thus elevating the excitement and adrenaline. I wouldn't expect an eldiritch abomination to understand.

Oh. I just usually prepare a folder of artworks of scantily-clad females  my collection of non-Euclidean poetry to prevent boredom.

• Euclidean wrote geometry, not poetry. So all poetry is non-Euclidean poetry, durrrrrr.
  • Jacen said:
    Euclidean wrote geometry, not poetry. So all poetry is non-Euclidean poetry, durrrrrr.

If we're talking about the Euclid of this dimension, you're right, so I guess we're talking about non-present-dimension-Euclidean non-Euclidean poetry, of which the text is written across real and imaginary axes(no, not the choppity type you human lumberjacks and serial killers use). It's highly relaxing too, covering common topics like cosmic string romance and the forbidden relationship between an K-class apocalypse...and a twelve-pound chunk of space debris.

• @Achilles: And that's why I love having transcendent Vision.

• Look up one of the 124 other threads on this exact same topic.

• Carmell said:
    I just bashed and bashed and bashed.  Sadly I got dragon back before they had so many other area's I spent lvl 80something to 99 in Bella's keep over and over and over again.  I got bored and started talking back to those annoying handmaidens after awhile. Pretty sure the Gods loved hearing me talk to them all the time.
    You had tons of other areas that you could have easily bashed, you just handicapped yourself by doing that area over and over. We all laughed at that so hard.

• 1. bash
    2. don't die

Eventually you will hit dragon.

You can speed up the process by repeating 1 and 2 more often. Particular bashing areas, your class, runes and other buffs, artifacts, exp bonuses etc can help. But it's really all about 1 and 2.

Don't value dragon too highly though. Don't think, "I will reach dragon, then start playing the game/learn to PK/whatever other goal."
  • Why not? Haha
  • Darroth said:
    Loop the spawns, stay hydrated, fed, entertained.
    Loop the spawns, good idea.
    Stay hydrated: AKA go pee every 5 minutes
    Stay fed: AKA Get diabetes cause im sitting there hunting dragon
    Stay entertained: Second good idea.

50% good ideas! 
  • It's not that hard, it's just a repetitive time-sink process..

1. Loop areas(take not of respawn times) but make sure the exp you're getting is somewhat decent.
    2. Don't die.

..and like obtaining most goals irl -

3. Be consistent, work hard and don't give up.

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • Been hunting to Radioactive (Imagine Dragons), Sail (Awolnation), Glitch mob, and more... Makes me feel a bit more epic while hunting
  • I don't know that it's the best way, but I just found a loop I liked and did it again and again. After a while I didn't have to think about it much and I could just watch TV or even read a book.
  • edited July 2013
    Achilles said:
    It's not that hard

1) Set a daily xp goal every day you can play.  Something like 10% is pretty reasonable, you do that and you'll hit dragon from level 80 in under 7 months.  And probably faster because if that's the floor you'll probably go over it on some good days.

2) If you can, respec/retrait to max health and crit bonuses.

3) Find a good hunting pattern, you should have a half dozen go to places to hunt so even if option a-d are taken you can go kill time somewhere else until they repop.

4) Crush the double xp events

5) Make it fun.  Personally soft focus, rainbow crits and little random things like that at least made it less tedious.

6) Compete against someone.  Find someone with a similar goal, and race to the finish line.  
    I got 25% in one day, and that was as a Shaman :S, at level 88.
     - Not hard out bashing, either. Just casually going through Moghedu / Tenwat / Riagath / Dun (When it wasn't being bashed religiously / Whenever I could)

@Zuko: Try up North a bit, or go to Meropis during the times when not many are about.

• HyperlithHyperlith San Fierro area, San Andreas
    To break up the grind, you can also make goals that may differ from reaching dragon, but ultimately help break up the boredom, increase your knowledge of the lands, and so on to your end goal.

- Make a goal of a certain amount of gold you'd like to obtain
    - Try to push your explorers ranking up a few spots each hunt
    - Try to discover quests in an area
    - When you find readable things (books, tomes, scrolls), take a moment to learn what they say and mean.

As previously mentioned, crush the double xp events and take advantage of any favours or runes you use. Having a partner can slow down your ultimate gain but if you can hunt with another person with whom you can hang (or vice versa), it will break up the monotony. If you know someone that will loan you artifacts that boost your stats or make your attacks stronger, try that too.

When you're at dragon, you'll lose sight of the day to day gauntlet you ran because you reached your goal -- the trip getting to that goal is what you want to be enjoyable.

• Moghedu is nice but think it is illegal in Targossas
  • Zuko said:
    Moghedu is nice but think it is illegal in Targossas
    Screw Targ, hunt wherever you want. They don't enforce it anyway ;)

• Cynlael said:
    Zuko said:
    Moghedu is nice but think it is illegal in Targossas
    Screw Targ, hunt wherever you want. They don't enforce it anyway ;)

Thanks, but we like our citymates to be...well...not uncitizened.

• CarmellCarmell Eastern Washington
    Cooper said:
    Carmell said:
    You had tons of other areas that you could have easily bashed, you just handicapped yourself by doing that area over and over. We all laughed at that so hard

I could bash Bella's over and over again and it always had something to hit because of the amount of time it took me to go from bottom to top.

start at the bottom go all the way to the top.  Pilg home offer walk back and start all over again.