Change to Collar of Lupus (and mount killing in general)

13»

Comments

• Blademaster envy.
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    Jarrod said:
    The issue with a flee skill is similar to the one Santar mentioned. If it just flees and recovers health, then for combat you can't reliably deal with the mount, because the person will just run and get it again. If there's a delay, then it's really no different than the other suggestions.
    I feel like anyone using mounts for combat will already either have a Legendary mount that can't be killed, o a Collar. The example you used in the above quote is the exact same scenario for falcons. Flee works quite well for falcons for those owners mindful enough to utilize it. 

If you're consciously taking any loyal into combat, snake/horse/falcon/ents, you're accepting the possibility that it will die. For those who are just trying to keep their mounts alive period, whether in combat or not, I feel that Flee is an acceptable and easily added solution.

• THEY SHOULD MAKE CLOCKWORK HORSES AND INSTEAD OF BUYING A HORSE YOU BUY THE SCHEMATIC TO CONSTRUCT IT YOURSELF

SPROCKETS
  • Kresslack said:
    Jarrod said:
    The issue with a flee skill is similar to the one Santar mentioned. If it just flees and recovers health, then for combat you can't reliably deal with the mount, because the person will just run and get it again. If there's a delay, then it's really no different than the other suggestions.
    I feel like anyone using mounts for combat will already either have a Legendary mount that can't be killed, o a Collar. The example you used in the above quote is the exact same scenario for falcons. Flee works quite well for falcons for those owners mindful enough to utilize it. 

If you're consciously taking any loyal into combat, snake/horse/falcon/ents, you're accepting the possibility that it will die. For those who are just trying to keep their mounts alive period, whether in combat or not, I feel that Flee is an acceptable and easily added solution.
    There's also a significant different in cost between a snake/falcon/ents and a horse, and falcons have flee already. This idea, as explained originally, is largely a quality of life improvement for Achaea to curb the high cost of legendary mounts, allow players with the more expensive, rare mounts to showcase them more, open up Riding accessibility, and prevent tralts from griefing excessively.

@Blujixapug - Can we get mechanical ostriches?
    Cascades of quicksilver light streak across the firmament as the celestial voice of Ourania intones, "Oh Jarrod..."

• KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    Jarrod said:
    Kresslack said:
    Jarrod said:

There's also a significant different in cost between a snake/falcon/ents and a horse, and falcons have flee already. This idea, as explained originally, is largely a quality of life improvement for Achaea to curb the high cost of legendary mounts, allow players with the more expensive, rare mounts to showcase them more, open up Riding accessibility, and prevent tralts from griefing excessively.

@Blujixapug - Can we get mechanical ostriches?
    Your point B I agree with, in adding a Flee capability for mounts. Otherwise, save up for a Legendary or buy a Collar. I don't really thing they're going to add something in that undercuts Collars, nor would I really want them to. If you're going to spend a lot of money on a rare mount, take the extra effort and disposable income to invest into ensuring it's kept safe. Personal responsibility over all else. There are a lot of consequences within Achaea, and this is one of them.