The Great Hunt - 628 AF

2»

Comments

• Antonius said:
    I think my favourite part of the Great Hunt was realising at about midday GMT on Sunday that I own 30,000+ credits worth of artefacts (not including customisations) and that killing myself for the rest of the day trying to get third (for an extra 100 credits) just wasn't worth it at all. Watching Batman Begins and The Dark Knight instead was much more enjoyable.

@Jovolo: It's possible that Dorren just isn't very good at bashing, or at the very least was killing things that were a bit outside of his comfort zone. He's only level 56 now, I'm not convinced there was any cheating going on since he'd have to be losing a quarter of a level (at least) per death in order for those 15 to have been a contributing factor to him not moving into the next level bracket. I don't recall experience loss being anywhere near that severe at low levels, but perhaps I'm wrong.

See, I actually didn't even get bored of bashing. I was pretty relaxed all day. If you feel like you're "killing yourself" to Great Hunt, then you're in bad shape from the start.

• Jovolo said:
    Antonius said:
    Jovolo said:
    Jovolo said:
    I guarantee that considering the amount of points he got in that amount of time without going into the next bracket, he is not new to bashing. Only conclusion I can draw is that he was absolutely cheating. I'm pretty sure he was dying once every 5 minutes or so, and it didn't start happening until he was nearing level 60. My point is it allows him to continue gaining a significant amount of greathunt points. I didn't lose out on anything, so it's not like I feel cheated, but I've encountered so many of these guys when I've won the lower tier myself that I know how frustrating it is to see them get away with it and get past other newbies who were participating honestly.
    If you think he was dying on purpose, report him. Everyone knows dying on purpose to reduce xp is cheating.
    Did, man. Nothing was said about it.
    It's almost as though the admins have access to considerably more information than you, and are in a much better position to decide if there was actually any cheating taking place.
    Unlikely.
    I can attest to Dorren's defense, he was not cheating. I was hunting with him at the end of the hunt, when he was extremely fatigued and attempting to help him a bit. I asked him whether or not he had a sipper, he manual sipped the whole hunt. 

Also... Where the hell was @Vaehl? You do like every greathunt and no sign of you this year...
  • Talonia said:
    @Aaric - no need to apologize. I was merely RPing being progressively nastier to people I came across during the late hours of the Hunt. If one passing snarl emote is enough to put you off then you need to stiffen up a bit!
    I still cleared the room, didn't I? :)  Wasn't put off, just perplexed.
  • edited June 2013
    Aaric said:

Talonia said:
    So @Aaric is part of the reason @Alrena somehow snuck past me when I had to leave with a pretty sizable lead towards the end? Duly noted...

@Talonia - I helped her speed a bit, perhaps, but the rate she was going, she would likely have made it without my help. I was just bored of hunting on my own at that point and casting some reflections in exchange for some XP leeching didn't seem like too bad of a deal.

Incidentally, I apologize for whatever that incident was in Dun Swamp.

Hey, I'm being talked about and not in the rants section!

More seriously, Aaric is right, I would have caught up even without him. I was hunting Morindar, had it all to myself for the last two hours, and gained a massive amount of points in that time. The fact that they respawn before I finish up the entire place meant I could keep going. Yay mountain harmony blessing!

Also, I mostly hunted Wegava, Minos, Morindar, and if those were taken sometimes Riagath, Istar jungle and the Vents. My usual hunting spots, really. I didn't bother with the mainland, and I like bashing up north.

I also don't know how to tag people. All in all, I had fun with the great hunt. Didn't expect to rank that high, though I'm certain my high level gave me an advantage. Next great hunt I'm probably going to be a dragon, and then I won't even bother! I'm not as crazy as those! Crazy! 

edit: The main reason I took Aaric along was for the company. I didn't really care about the xp that much after gaining an entire level already. And he may as well help if I drag him along, right? For the most part, and that is over 90% of it, it was all by myself.
  • Is it cheating to have a bunch of people following you around to leech your exp so you stay in the bracket?
  • Would you do it if your wife was in the room with you?
    Tvistor: If that was a troll, it was masterful.
    I take my hat off to you.
  • Kalvon said:
    Is it cheating to have a bunch of people following you around to leech your exp so you stay in the bracket?
    Good question. Wasn't the case for me, no way I could've gained two more levels. And if I could, I probably would've gotten Dragon anyways, and then realize later what it meant concerning the great hunt. I just figured I'd help someone out who does not enjoy bashing as much as me.
  • Santar said:
    Antonius said:
    I think my favourite part of the Great Hunt was realising at about midday GMT on Sunday that I own 30,000+ credits worth of artefacts (not including customisations) and that killing myself for the rest of the day trying to get third (for an extra 100 credits) just wasn't worth it at all. Watching Batman Begins and The Dark Knight instead was much more enjoyable.

@Jovolo: It's possible that Dorren just isn't very good at bashing, or at the very least was killing things that were a bit outside of his comfort zone. He's only level 56 now, I'm not convinced there was any cheating going on since he'd have to be losing a quarter of a level (at least) per death in order for those 15 to have been a contributing factor to him not moving into the next level bracket. I don't recall experience loss being anywhere near that severe at low levels, but perhaps I'm wrong.

See, I actually didn't even get bored of bashing. I was pretty relaxed all day. If you feel like you're "killing yourself" to Great Hunt, then you're in bad shape from the start.
    The bashing itself was fine, could have quite happily done that all day. I'd been awake for 17 or 18 hours already by the time it started at 1am, didn't get a whole lot of sleep, but that wasn't a huge issue either. The problem was old knee injuries which get extremely painful if I spend extended periods sat at my desk; I could have put up with that and kept going, but the rewards weren't really worth it.
  • edited June 2013
    I used to be a Great Hunter like you, but then I took an arrow to the knee.
  • YaeYae
    edited June 2013
    That sounds awfully familiar..
    Echald said:
    I used to be a Great Hunter like you, but then I took an arrow to the knee.
    Staining the ground with his blood, a young Great Hunter manages to shoot an arrow into his own leg.

The Great Hunter deathsights were awfully amusing. Some of us in my House cheered when the young one managed to slay something (finally).
    If you need me, you can find me sporadically on the Achaea Discord as Yae. 
    Do not DM on forums unless you're ok with waiting a couple months!