From the mouths of babes. (Quest Notes)

(Newbie): You say, "I don't think so, that's a good idea though."

Especially for the deeper more involved quests a way to make notes about them could be handy I think. Thoughts?
~
You close your eyes momentarily and extend the range of your vision, seeking out the presence of Drugs. 
Though too far away to accurately perceive details, you see that Drugs is in Mhaldor.

Comments

• Journal?
  • You don't even need a journal. Just open Notepad.

But we have Quest Log already, so it makes sense for the notes to be in the log too.
  • edited June 2013
    Yes yes, I get that. But wouldn't it be nice if you could actually leave notes attached to a quest so you could look them up by that quest in your log, rather than trying to manage some journal note system. I'm thinking of this being a newbie friendly addition more than for oldbies. Considering a newb asked about it I thought why not?

Most people wouldn't even use it, so it wouldn't be unwieldy like letters or messages were. It would be for people who actually quest and want to make notes.
    ~
    You close your eyes momentarily and extend the range of your vision, seeking out the presence of Drugs. 
    Though too far away to accurately perceive details, you see that Drugs is in Mhaldor.
  • edited June 2013
    Unless I'm misunderstanding, this is a problem for which there is already an IC solution (journals), and the suggestion is to create an OOC mechanic to solve the same problem?

I really don't think journals are sufficiently difficult to warrant something like this (I really don't understand how they're "unwieldy" at all). If anything, it's a good way to get newbies used to using journals.

Next time a newbie asks you about quest notes, say "yes", hand them a journal, direct them to the relevant HELP, and offer any further assistance necessary.
  • I've had a journal full of quest notes that I've constantly written over with new info, just use that and it'll tick the RP box. Best 6k or whatever cost it is ever.
    "Faded away like the stars in the morning,
     Losing their light in the glorious sun,
     Thus would we pass from this earth and its toiling,
     Only remembered for what we have done."