Shops

Couple of ideas related to shops.

Firstly, can shopally be changed to be the only prerequisite for all allied shop functions? Having to use up combat-centric ally slots for parts of the game that aren't combat-oriented seems a little backwards.

And secondly, similar to tuns, can something be put in place to allow huge groups of enchantments, bombs, plants, etc. to be put into a shop and priced per item? For instance, you could drop 2000 meteors, set the price at 75 per, and people could buy 10 meteor and receive 10 out of the group.

Comments

• Barrels/bins/baskets of groupable items would be very cool.
  • NemutaurNemutaur Germany
    Also shop logs please. I dont care who sold it, just tell me what was sold. Or alternatively let the gold for the sold items show up in the bin they were sold from so i can narrow it down
  • Yeah I'm on the verge of writing a super duper script package to monitor what is needed in each bin and what quantity/price/id/blah/blah...
    Which I'll have to do to make stocking easier anyway but the log idea could still be useful for that.

Regarding enchantment tuns and stuff... I forsee shops buying a host of tuns and turning themselves into Wal-Marts, stocked with a tun of everything (no tun intended).
    I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • Maybe just allow tuns to hold anything that's riftable?
  • It would be nice if tuns could be picked up by the shop owner, not just the person who bought the tun in the first place.  As it is, if you buy a shop and there are tuns in it--from some long-lost, inactive operator--you just have to deal with it, even if you don't sell concoctions or venoms.
  • Yen said:
    It would be nice if tuns could be picked up by the shop owner, not just the person who bought the tun in the first place.  As it is, if you buy a shop and there are tuns in it--from some long-lost, inactive operator--you just have to deal with it, even if you don't sell concoctions or venoms.
    What an inconvenience... free tuns are the worst.
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    Given a set of tuns for herbs or alchemy is about 2.4 million gold and you didn't have to pay for them, I can understand the woes of losing 12 floor space.

Would be nice to be able to return them to the owner though.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• MadelyneMadelyne East Coast, USA
    edited May 2013
    I love the idea of shop logs. Something like...

SHOPLOG CYRENE_14 0 1
    General log for Cyrene Shop 14 (shop name)
    2103/05/12 15:11:17 - rapier123456 sold to Joeythedwarf for 5000 gold sovereigns.
    2013/05/12 15:17:23 - The door leading between Cyrene_14 (shop name) and Cyrene_15 (stockroom name) by Marcusthetsolaa with KEY123456.
    2013/05/12 15:27:14 - plate123456 sold to Marythesiren for 120 gold sovereigns.

SHOPLOG HASHAN_23 0 4
    General log for Hashan Shop 23 (shop name)
    2013/05/08 09:22:45 - kitbag123456 sold to Suetheatavian for 452 gold sovereigns.

and so forth....
  • NemutaurNemutaur Germany
    I think the who it was sold to was already discussed and not approved last time. But at least tell me that the rapier was sold and for how much etc
  • MadelyneMadelyne East Coast, USA
    Agreed, even knowing the item sold and for how much would give me a heads up that I need to restock without visiting the shop and trying to sort through the wares.
  • I wouldn't mind seeing a tuns capacity increased while they are at it.