How is the population these days?

Topic pretty much says it all. I'm a long time player returning after a 5 year break, and I'm curious how the game population has held up after all these years. Has it gotten better, worse, or stayed the same. I remember before I left it was pretty common to have around 300+ during peak hours. If the population has gone down, would you say it's taken away some of the community aspect of the game?

Comments

• I've seen it vary from 100-350 throughout the day!
  • MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    yes

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • Yes to it going down?
  • Achaea is smaller than it was 10 years ago, but the population is fairly steady within a banded range now. We had over 550 people online during the finale of the Worldreaver event in December, which was cool, though everyone being in the same few rooms caused massive lag.
  • DaslinDaslin The place with the oxygen
    @Sarapis there was lag? I didn't feel a thing. 
  • I hit DSL once.  I was still doing it fifteen minutes later.  I also didn't end up turning into a demigod until -after- the event (which meant no honors line for me)
  • Very very dramatic pauses.
  • Considering flagging Daslin for abuse for trolling so hard :(
  • NizarisNizaris The Holy City of Mhaldor
    I remember trying to autowalk to the Bal'met event. 120 second lag + autowalker counting on two rooms per second = epic fail.
  • Sarapis said:
    Daslin said:
    @Sarapis there was lag? I didn't feel a thing. 
    Perhaps you misinterpreted it as a series of dramatic pauses!
    Dun dun duuuuuuunnn!