Shiplog still broken

Shiplogs don't work, and I know that they were changed some time ago and that change caused them to not work. I honestly don't recall what the change was, other than that it caused them to not work.

Currently you can only see something in shiplog shipname, not shiplog shipname 0 1, 0 2, etc.

This is an issue that has major problems associated with it, especially on shared ships like those owned by organisations. In particular, the problem is that you can't check to see who else has done things on the ship unless you check at exactly 23:59GMT every day, otherwise you will very likely miss some of the information.

For shared ships, this means you lose information about crew, docking, strongbox, etc.

Comments

• DragonknightDragonknight Mhaldor
    edited May 2013
    Shiplogs  weren't intended to have more than the current months log unless they are owned by an org.

Edit: I'm not saying that I think they should be that way. However, that is probably the "change" you are thinking of. Only org boats should have more months in the logs.

• Shiplogs  weren't intended to have more than the current months log unless they are owned by an org.
    org owned ships don't have more than the current month's log. I thought I said that already.
  • *shrug* My ship just went back 6 months and I got this message

Ship logs may only be viewed up to 6 day before the current day.
  • Hate to bump my own thread, but has nobody else had issues with org ship logs? Maybe I am not using the correct command to read them between 1 and 6 days past?
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    edited May 2013
    I already bugged this way way back.

As I can recall, you can do SHIPLOG <shipname> 0 1~6 but only the immediate day is viewable, everything else is 'no activity'. The bug was 'filed to ships' if I remember, but I didn't hear anything else about it since then. This was about 2 months ago.

ETA: I am pretty sure that we used to only be able to view the first day's logs but someone requested an extended shiplog and it was 'listed/added'. But the actual change has turned out to just be buggy and nearly nonfunctional :/

• I bugged it too, long ago, and since nothing happened that's why I am bringing it to popular attention. It's a rather important one as well, as far as ships are concerned.