Deathstrike > Deliverance

Log:
You bow your head in prayer, press your palms together and begin to pray silently for deliverance.
3955h, 2809m, 18675e, 15775w cexkdb-19-14:27:18:526(-32)
You slowly raise your head and feel your body pulse with the power of Deliverance.
3955h, 2776m, 18675e, 15775w cexkdb-19-14:27:23:533(-33)
Fists clenched, Kitaya focuses on you with a deadly look in her eyes.
3955h, 2810m, 18675e, 15769w cexkdb-19-14:27:25:118(+34)
Leaping forwards with lightning speed, Kitaya strikes you in the chest with a single, powerful blow. 
Its rhythm interrupted by her precise attack, your heartbeat begins to fluctuate erratically, a painful pressure building in your arteries.
3955h, 2779m, 18675e, 15775w cexkdb-19-14:27:30:109(-31)
Completing her assault, Kitaya thrusts at a vulnerable point of your jugular with a penetrative, spearhand strike. Something ruptures, but the pain does not abate, and as the warm, metallic taste of blood fills your mouth, you realise the blow was fatal. Lightheaded, you fall, darkness enveloping your senses before you meet the ground.
The burning light punches through you, evaporating your inner organs. Before you die, you retch at the smell of your own, charred flesh.
You have been slain by Kitaya.

AB KAIDO DELIVERANCE:
Once activating this ability, there will be a short delay. After this time, anyone who attempts to harm you for the next thirty seconds from close by will die instantly in a massive backlash of Kai energy.

Comments?
Hiroma tells you, "I just got to listen to someone complain about your deadly axekick being the bane of their existence."
Archdragon Mizik Corten, Herald of Ruin says, "Man, that was a big axk."
Hellrazor Cain de Soulis, Sartan's Hammer says, "Your [sic] a beast."

Comments

• She wasn't trying to harm you, apparently. Accidents happen.
  • Timed instakills like deathstrike, cleave, behead, jack in the box, judge, eliminate go past deliverance. Sometimes, it's even a strategy for group combat, if they're expecting a deliverance.

• Synbios said:
    Timed instakills like deathstrike, cleave, behead, jack in the box, judge, eliminate go past deliverance. Sometimes, it's even a strategy for group combat, if they're expecting a deliverance.
    I've got no problem with that, but surely if Deliverance is up before the timed instakill is started, Deliverance should take precedence?
    Hiroma tells you, "I just got to listen to someone complain about your deadly axekick being the bane of their existence."
  • If deliverance did indeed fire on every form of attack (including ranged, instakills, etc.) it would be the most potent defence possible (trumping even prismatic barriers etc.), and that while at the same time acting as a threatening offensive effect. It having a few attacks that bypass it is a necessity for balance.
  • @Iocun I didn't mention ranged, just an instakill started after deliverance was already up
  • SherazadSherazad Planef Urth
    He just included ranged among stuff that works against deliverance. 
    Bleh, work ate my gaming life.
    내가 제일 잘 나가!!!111!!1

• Masochism works against deliverance or did they change that?
  • My specific query is regarding an instakill started after deliverance is up. Not ranged attacks, not masochism, not fluffy bunnies from Mars, just instakill started after deliverance is up.
  • MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    if deliverance stopped eveyrthing, monks would be (even more) unkillable, because they could simple just start putting up deliverance everytime they felt threatened.

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
    edited April 2013
    And had appropriate Kai, which isn't hard to get in my experience.

Though they could always illusion it just to throw people off.

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
  • Xli said:

My specific query is regarding an instakill started after deliverance is up. Not ranged attacks, not masochism, not fluffy bunnies from Mars, just instakill started after deliverance is up.

Those fluffy bunnies are dangerous.
  • Ranged attacks are fine. Instakills started before the Deliverance is up are fine. Instakills that are started after Deliverance is up... not so fine in my opinion.
  • edited April 2013
    All are fine. 

Can you give a reason outside of what the misleading ab file says for it to work like that?
  • XliXli
    edited April 2013
    Logic.

Most attacks are instant. If you start an aggressive action whilst Deliverance is up, you get killed, unless it's one that instakills and takes a short time to fire. Doesn't seem to follow the same logic.

Guess I'm in a minority of one.
  • Instakills started before still hit while deliverance is up. It'd be 'logical' if they triggered deliverance, but the skill needs a counter.
  • Sidonia said:
    Instakills started before still hit while deliverance is up. It'd be 'logical' if they triggered deliverance, but the skill needs a counter.
    No problem with that, my issue is with instakills started after that hit after
  • edited April 2013
    Instakills are more powerful than the defence deliverance provides.

Sounds logical to me.
  • Xli said:
    Sidonia said:
    Instakills started before still hit while deliverance is up. It'd be 'logical' if they triggered deliverance, but the skill needs a counter.
    No problem with that, my issue is with instakills started after that hit after
    So you want part of it to conform to logic but not another part?
  • I always think that because the instakill gives the monk no chance to muster up a defence and retaliate it works. If someone just raps me on the arm with a rapier I figure out who it is and then channel the deliverance at them.

Whatever the case, there has to be a move that either kills the monk or forces them to drop deliverance without actually possessing a 'force' ability.
  • Shall we move on?

Targossas, rawr...
  • Stop derailing.
  • edited April 2013
    I could see deathstrike triggering deliverance but only because part of the message is punching the guy in the chest and neck.

But things like jitb, or catharsis/absolve, or behead, cleave etc to me seem fine to bypass it because those are 'instant'.

Sizing a dude up is not suspicious, punching him in the chest or neck kind of is.

• Draqoom said:
    I could see deathstrike triggering deliverance but only because part of the message is punching the guy in the chest and neck.

But things like jitb, or catharsis/absolve, or behead, cleave etc to me seem fine to bypass it because those are 'instant'.

Sizing a dude up is not suspicious, punching him in the chest or neck kind of is.
    Catharsis does not bypass deliverance.  I would assume the same for absolve.

• edited April 2013
    I think ita only windup kills that work (cleave, jitb, deathstrike etc) eliminate? :s
    Wrong.

-

As drawn by Shayde
  • You didn't save me a jaffa cake.
    I ate all 3 packets in the box like a true hero

-

As drawn by Shayde
  • Mishgul said:
    I ate all 3 packets in the box like a true hero
    Do that with 9 Gold Bars... then you know what gut-ache is