Newbie Serpent looking for a bit of help!

1235»

Comments

• Vayne said:
    I'll probably regret this and get torn apart again for it, but screw it...

blah blah blah

The key is to play the game back.  Always point our their flaws back to them.  No one listens to the strong points.  

Simply say, "But your city has Cain and Tiamat" and repeat that for characters in other cities or actions of other cities and you create a disgustingly negative atmosphere for every city and everyone wins.

I swear this is how it works.

I swear.
  • edited April 2013
    EDIT: Why did I even make this post... I need sleep.
  • @Koyuki you should realize from interacting with me, I'm quite possibly the least "evil" person, in an Achaean sense. But I get by.
  • Well I'm a new serpent looking for help, so I'll coopt this thread briefly.

After Subterfuge, what would you all say is the most important thing to learn? Please bear in mind I do not have a great many lessons available to me, and that I would like to be competent in combat but do not necessarily need to be top tier.

My three obvious choices would seem to be Survival, Venom and Hypnosis. Survival would be useful for things like clotting and focus, to improve my defensive capabilities, while Venom would be useful for scytherus and camus, to give me a way to kill people other than pray for a venomlock, and Hypnosis would be useful because although impatience is the inept ability, actually hypnotising someone with inept Hypnosis is ridiculously unlikely, which makes anyone with focus effectively unlockable for me. Also action would be nice in case I want to go down the thief/infiltrator route.
  • VayneVayne Rhode Island
    edited April 2013
    @Niro If you want to go into more a a stealth direction, subterfuge is all you really need to accomplish that. If you want to get more into combat I would recommend your class skills subterfuge>venom>hypnosis. After that I would say survival and vision are the most useful. While survival will give you more flexibility in combat, vision might have some more perks in helping you keep tabs on people in espionage situations.
  • You call yerself new yet you know a lot more than quite a handful of people about Serpents? Makes perfect sense.
  • VayneVayne Rhode Island
    Newness and knowledge are not necessarily mutually exclusive.
  • The Naga have plenty of people around at any given time, @Niro, try asking IG.
  • I might even go so far as to say that survival is more important than a lot of venoms. You might need the venom stuff if you get more into combat, but you won't survive to use the venoms without clotting, focus, etc.
  • @Tael: Wrong. Like I said, Vaehl has done pretty damn well without ever having much survival.
  • XerXer Langley
    edited April 2013
    Ayoxele does a lot without Transing everything, yeah haha. You don't need venoms to steal from people either :P
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    e^(iπ) + 1 = 0
  • Tael isn't really 'wrong' as such, but transcendent survival is definitely not necessary. Clotting on the other hand, yes, for the most part. Subterfuge>Hypnosis>Venom
  • edited April 2013
    Lukan said:
    @Tael: Wrong. Like I said, Vaehl has done pretty damn well without ever having much survival.
    Let it be known that I speak primarily from observation, so many grains of salt are necessary.

Try as I might, I remain a hopeless combatant.