No Idea how to RP my character.

First off I'm playing a massive, hulking Rust colored Rajamala rune warden, of course, in Cyrene's warden house. I'm loving the chivalry, "Good Jera," and militant style of the house but I'm a little conflicted.
My original concept for this character was to be a primal, beastial, aggressive character. Sort of like your typical DnD Barbarian, Braids, Scars, wooden piercings and all.

These seem like partially conflicting ideals but I'd like to somehow get a balanced mixture of both, without the inconsitency I have now making Jraatha look like he has a BiPolar personality.

Is there any advice you guys can give me to help play this type of character? Is there any examples of this type of character I could look at for reference? Preferably something free.

Comments

• I don't have any examples, but possibly he could find some chord the ideals strike within him, and gradually incorporate the House's more disciplined approach into his previously unruly personality? Just throwing something out there.

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • @Jiraishin
    That's the thing... I'm having issues trying to mix both into a grey area. Is there a decent way to have disciplined Savagery?
    Jraatha enjoys the hunt above all else and it is pure bliss for him to consume the creatures he's fallen... But making him a disciplined soldier in public and a savage beast in the woods is a cop-out that's beyond cliché nowadays.
  • Maybe he pretends in public to fit in, is secretly ashamed of his bending to the crowd, and begins to make his fakery genuine as he understands more about the ideals and about what attracts him to them.

(Clan): Ictinus says, "Stop it Jiraishin, you're making me like you."
  • VayneVayne Rhode Island
    You should look into Shamanism more than Runewarden perhaps? You would lose the knightly aspect but Shaman definitely have the wild and untamed aspect to them.
  • Looks like both Mhaldor and Targossas would be your real fitting. Mhaldor is evil and supports well... evil things. The only problem is you have to be both cruel and honorable.

Targossas seems to suppor the "Good" side of things with a lesser extent of honor to it, much like the inquisition.

Perhaps you should look into one of those? Cyrene is rather passive in those aspects
    Replies the scorpion: "It's my nature..."
  • Aepas said:
    Looks like both Mhaldor and Targossas would be your real fitting. Mhaldor is evil and supports well... evil things. The only problem is you have to be both cruel and honorable.

Targossas seems to suppor the "Good" side of things with a lesser extent of honor to it, much like the inquisition.

Perhaps you should look into one of those? Cyrene is rather passive in those aspects
    I don't feel like either of these get past the issue though. Both Targossas and Mhaldor are still highly organized societies, and his trouble wasn't with an ideology that's too passive

I feel that thinking that 
    Jraatha said:
     But making him a disciplined soldier in public and a savage beast in the woods is a cop-out that's beyond cliché nowadays.
    is going to be your biggest hurdle, then. While cliched, it might still be the best option, and probably isn't inherently bad. Real people act differently in different places and circles, and perhaps the best way to take it would not to have him "be" two different things but instead indulge in both aspects of his personality, just in different places. Dunno, just throwing things around

• edited March 2013
    @Aepas: Neither Mhaldor nor Targossas are "bestial" though. The contrast between a barbarian character and the civilisation of a city will exist there just as much as in Cyrene.
  • Well Savagery isn't evil by any means. I picked Runewarden because it was a the closest thing to a nature class not heavily based on magic.
    I guess what I need to do is to make him more ignorant/stubborn like a wild animal. This is someone who has been in the wilds most of his cub-hood. Probably doesn't understand some of the societal conventions.
    Remove the submissive nature when regarding superiors in lieu for a bold respect akin to comradery. More nods, Grunts and fisttochest-salutes. Less kneels, bows and at-attention-eyebrow salutes.
    Animals know about loyalty and command so he's not going to be insubordinate. Probably just replace standard social conventions with primal instincts. Such as exposing his throat to nobility and avoiding eye contact, rather then kissing fingers or feet.
  • edited March 2013
    Thanks guys I think I've got it. I was just having a spat of riders block. Thanks again for just chatting with me, making me think, and helping me get past it.