Newbie Serpent looking for a bit of help!

Comments

• edited March 2013
    Xith said:

The CIJ is a mischief house. And since serpents have more mechanics for mischief than any other class in the game, yeah I think they fit.

Eh... I don't see it and never will..

@koyuki - You do have a House as well you can always ask about that kinda stuff.. And you can always use MSGs as well.

• edited March 2013
    Bleh, this turned into a bash me thread. D:

I know guys, Katia is nice enough to help me with my ten billion questions patiently. Sometimes I like to hear other peoples opinions on things, kay? :<

EDIT: But past all that, you guys are a good stream and supply of information! So of course I come here to ask questions!
  • @koyuki you can also bug random people who show up on classwho if no one in your house is around or people from your city or something.

It's just asking things in game will help you have a better gaming experience and stuff. Your character can meet awesome people and you guys can interact and stuff and be bffs or whatever the mhaldorian equivalent is. 
    Commission List: Aesi, Kenway, Shimi, Kythra, Trey, Sholen .... 5/5 CLOSED
    I will not draw them in the order that they are requested... rather in the order that I get inspiration/artist block.
  • Averi said:
    @koyuki you can also bug random people who show up on classwho if no one in your house is around or people from your city or something.

It's just asking things in game will help you have a better gaming experience and stuff. Your character can meet awesome people and you guys can interact and stuff and be bffs or whatever the mhaldorian equivalent is. 
    Target practice.
  • Being told my place, unless it's super respectful or a Naga. <3
    But yes, I'm sorry everyone.

I will start asking these things more in-game.
  • @koyuki - Not bashing you or anything we're just letting you know that there are other means of asking these questions as well. 

@averi Classwho for serpents is pretty much always empty. Not counting those who are novices and have yet to take them off it.
  • edited March 2013
    @Hawek

I forgot. You guys are like always phased. >.>

but poking random important looking people usually works too. 
    I will not draw them in the order that they are requested... rather in the order that I get inspiration/artist block.
  • @Averi Aye it's always so much fun. Walking around listening to peoples conversations and them not knowing. Or witnessing stuff that should be in a Bed lol
  • @Iocun you could be like hey I heard you were a <insert class here>. Would you mind if I bother you a bit for some help? 

Or I keep a look out for people who are the same class as me and I caught the news that you were a good <blank>  

Or even they say you're a good <blank> combattant, would you have the time to mentor me a bit? 

I dunno, I've had some surprisingly ic contacts with people who heard of me through classwho. Although they might be alts. -peer-. 

Now I am all the suspicious.
  • @averi or you can just go to pastebin and find quite a bit of combat logs.
  • VayneVayne Rhode Island
    Koyuki said:
    Geez guys, thanks for telling me what Phase does. *rolls eyes*
    It's because the Naga are always phased.
  • edited March 2013
    Vayne said:

Koyuki said:

Geez guys, thanks for telling me what Phase does. *rolls eyes*

It's because the Naga have two active people

Ftfy
  • edited March 2013
    Yes, the Naga is an incredibly small house. Yes, we had pretty much the entire population leave. Yes, that Serpent alt you (not @Koyuki, but the random other person reading this post) made just to see what the hell happened has probably gone dormant and been purged. Yes, I'm vaguely bitter about being the only one on HWHO, even when phased.

However, there's a lot of potential to grow. @Jurixe has done an amazing job at trying to keep the House running, and the event she just created blows my mind. I'm not even a full Naga, and I'm in awe at what she did just for the Dreadborn, I don't have any clue about what the full Naga have the chance to do. @Yue, @Daeir, you guys missed out. Sucks to be you.

I understand that it's probably incredibly tough to start out in a House where you're running around, trying to stay self-directed. The catch to it is that, hopefully, this is temporary. New people are the lifeblood of organizations, and with Mhaldor being the smallest city and the Naga as the smallest House, if you work hard and try to get involved, you're going to be noticed, you're going to get interacted with, and you're going to have fun. I wouldn't trade my interactions with any of the Naga for anything in Achaea.

Stick with it, despite the undercurrent of being alone. New people who want to learn and contribute will make any organization better, and frankly, you're kind of on the ground floor as far as rebuilding the Naga goes. You have an amazing opportunity if you want it, don't let the forums fill you up with doubts and misgivings because "lol Naga have two active people, join a real House".

• MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway

Also free money.

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • Note: Free money is earned by challenging @Jurixe to a game of darts and putting a wager on it.

• XerXer Langley
    I can agree with @Arditi. Last time I beat @Jurixe in darts, I got an awesome gift. Though when I lost to @Ruth, I was locked in the pillory for a while XD
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    e^(iπ) + 1 = 0
  • JurixeJurixe Where you least expect it
    The last time @Arditi (tried to) challenge me to a wager, he lost pretty spectacularly. :P

It is a shame that our times don't coincide more, @Koyuki. I'm interested to see precisely how your RP is like, given your reiteration of how strong your RP focus is. There's nothing wrong with coming and asking questions here, but the only thing is that it can potentially rob you of some interesting roleplay chances with your fellow Naga and/or Mhaldorians, as previously stated. That's the best part about being a newbie, after all - you get to ask questions and not look (too) stupid doing it, even in Mhaldor. It's generally best to turn to mentor/House/City first before coming to the forums as a last resort, and even then, preferably about mechanic or strategy questions that are too OOC to ask in-game.

Arditi covered most of what I would've said in his post, so I won't bother repeating it. My time in Achaea isn't a lot because of that thing called real life, but if you do need to ask about anything and Katia/no other Naga are around, you can always feel free to shoot me a message. I check my messages often at work because I'm addicted like that. <_< 

I hope you are enjoying the interactions with the other Naga you've met thus far, though, and I expect our paths will cross (again) at some point. Once you make it through newbiehood, life gets significantly more interesting.
    If you like my stories, you can find them here:
    Stories by Jurixe and Stories by Jurixe 2 

Interested in joining a Discord about Achaean RP? Want to comment on RP topics or have RP questions? Check the Achaean RP Resource out here: https://discord.gg/Vbb9Zfs

• What others have said is true - ask questions. If people aren't around, send messages. While several of us have been doing a lot of things behind the scenes recently (I haven't been around IG as much as I'd like to, though that should finally change at the end of this week). As an aside, a lot of the behind the scenes stuff involves solving some of the problems you've mentioned about lack of information (both in providing better resources and in providing elder players a better idea of the sort of things they ought to be explaining to newer players).

Also, it should be noted that the Naga (and Mhaldor in general) has a tendency to be sort of...abusive? But it's worth remembering that it's IC. We're all trying to have a good time and part of Mhaldor's atmosphere is a general sort of oppression and feeling of fighting against a sort of constant adversity. That said, knowledge is pretty freely given if requested - I can't think of a time I've ever turned down a question. I try to be oppressive about everything except asking questions (unless they're particularly stupid, of which none of these are).

If there are any problems, remember that you always have an escape hatch in the form of "tell PERSON OOC: Hey, I just wanted to talk to you about x because it's not working for me.".
  • @koyuki

Don't listen to the goons making you feel bad. If no one is around when you are, I understand why you asked on forums. And Jurixe is right. Listen to Jurixe.

Also, the forums can be quite a "dog-eat-dog" place. You weren't being picked on. Trust me, you'd know it if you were... if you were, people would be trying to run you out, lol.

Anywho, good luck!
    You can always send me a message IG if you have a question.
  • Averi said:
    @Iocun you could be like hey I heard you were a <insert class here>. Would you mind if I bother you a bit for some help? 

Or I keep a look out for people who are the same class as me and I caught the news that you were a good <blank>  

Or even they say you're a good <blank> combattant, would you have the time to mentor me a bit? 

I dunno, I've had some surprisingly ic contacts with people who heard of me through classwho. Although they might be alts. -peer-. 

Now I am all the suspicious.
    Certain classes tend to devolve into "You rogue dog! Speak to me again and I will have you're head on a pike by the time you open your mouth." but maybe this is just what I get for asking @Amunet for help as a novice... 
  • @Amunet's kind of a class of her own  :D
  • AmunetAmunet Spokane, Washington, USA
    @Mannimar still fails to realize that a rogue asking a Housed Occultist to teach them Occultism is like a seal swimming up to a shark and asking it not to eat it. ;)
    My avatar is an image created by this very talented gentleman, of whose work I am extremely jealous. It was not originally a picture of Amunet, but it certainly looks a great deal like how I envision her!
  • edited March 2013
    Amunet said:
    @Mannimar still fails to realize that a rogue asking a Housed Occultist to teach them Occultism is like a seal swimming up to a shark and asking it not to eat it. ;)
    Hardly! I was just very confused then. I get it now! I like pushing @Amunet's buttons upon occasion though.   :-\"
  • edited March 2013
    @Mannimar

Maybe my class is just ALL the friendly then. It is kind of an unaligned class with all the novices in hashan, cyrene, or eleusis. I give bad advice. Don't listen to me!!!!
  • VayneVayne Rhode Island
    Doesn't help that a lot of serpents in houses don't know what they are talking about half the time either.
  • MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    Koyuki is smart. I  like it. 8/10

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • So, I'm gone for like 2 days, and you guys bombard me with this? D:
  • That's what you get for leaving.
    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.