Neraeos, God of the Sea

124»

Comments

• HyperlithHyperlith San Fierro area, San Andreas
    I enjoy all the divine pictures; it lends to visualizing how they look beyond what I expect or imagine without the pictures. As Sarapis discussed, you can approach it as a pantheon of gods with flaws and attributes. A fine series of books (with intriguing cover art) are the Incarnations of Immortality by Piers Anthony that addressed many complexities of demi-gods in a more modern setting. The Achaean god artwork reminds me of the book covers from that series. A couple of examples:

• I loved that series.  
  • So I showed my brother all the pictures in the gallery (except the Dala'myrr) and asked him for his first impressions (He knows nothing of Achaea at all). He didn't get any text just the picture itself. I'll bold up his words

the Tsol'aa Sentinel he thought looked like a human ranger (so spot on there)
    for the Jester he thought it looked like some sort of bard (like the court jester) so sorta accurate on what the aim was I guess
    for the Dragon he as all 'drrrrragon of the acid-spittin' variety!' (spot on again)
    for the Apostate he thought it was some sort of necromancer-assassin and ordinary looking human (somewhat accurate I guess?)
    for the Dwarf Priest he thought it was... a Dwarf Priest (also, AWESOME.)
    the Satyr he thought was a Satyr and some form for brawler or monk (so spot on again)
    the Xorani Sylvan he thought was a lizardman with a wooden spear? or some sort of druid (not knowing of Sylvans that's spot on)
    for the Grook Occultists he said immediately 'frog Magi' (:()
    on Artemis he thought she was some sort of eco-mancer or a form of Wizard
    on Ourania he just said '...Goddess?'
    on Babel he thought 'necromaner-dude' or 'some sort of lich'
    on Aurora he started thinking that both she, Babel and Artemis was Gods but it wasn't the impression he got from it, Aurora maybe due to the sun being behind her
    on Gaia he could accept her as either a Goddess due to the halo effect or some sort of druid
    on Phaestus it was 'tall dude with a hammer, looks like a highlander' when I told him the full title was 'Phaestus, the Smith' he replied with 'doesn't look like a smith, a warrior with a maul'
    on Sartan his thought was 'does he know rune magic? I assume he's some sort of Evil God but he doesn't look like it'
    on Neraeos he said 'Okay, under the sea, looks at home and in full armor. A God, especially since he's swimming around in armor, then you're kinda badass. If it was over the ocean he'd just be some dude with a trident'
    on the Runewarden he said 'Rakshasha' and when I asked for class he replied with 'gish, some sort of wizard-fighter' (so sorta spot on due to runemagic)
    on the Human serpent he said 'rogue/thief or assassin' so spot on there
    on the Troll blademaster he again thought it was some sort of gish, troll obviously but outside that?
    on the Horkval bard he was all 'insect looking bard? Praying mantis'

• The boar tattoo in @Finchy's depiction won it for me.

• Veldrin said:
    So I showed my brother all the pictures in the gallery (except the Dala'myrr) and asked him for his first impressions (He knows nothing of Achaea at all). He didn't get any text just the picture itself. I'll bold up his words

for the Jester he thought it looked like some sort of bard (like the court jester) so sorta accurate on what the aim was I guess
    for the Dragon he as all 'drrrrragon of the acid-spittin' variety!' (spot on again)
    for the Apostate he thought it was some sort of necromancer-assassin and ordinary looking human (somewhat accurate I guess?)
    the Satyr he thought was a Satyr and some form for brawler or monk (so spot on again)
    the Xorani Sylvan he thought was a lizardman with a wooden spear? or some sort of druid (not knowing of Sylvans that's spot on)
    on Aurora he started thinking that both she, Babel and Artemis was Gods but it wasn't the impression he got from it, Aurora maybe due to the sun being behind her
    on Gaia he could accept her as either a Goddess due to the halo effect or some sort of druid
    on Phaestus it was 'tall dude with a hammer, looks like a highlander' when I told him the full title was 'Phaestus, the Smith' he replied with 'doesn't look like a smith, a warrior with a maul'
    on Sartan his thought was 'does he know rune magic? I assume he's some sort of Evil God but he doesn't look like it'
    on Neraeos he said 'Okay, under the sea, looks at home and in full armor. A God, especially since he's swimming around in armor, then you're kinda badass. If it was over the ocean he'd just be some dude with a trident'
    on the Runewarden he said 'Rakshasha' and when I asked for class he replied with 'gish, some sort of wizard-fighter' (so sorta spot on due to runemagic)
    on the Troll blademaster he again thought it was some sort of gish, troll obviously but outside that?
    I wonder what his reaction would have been to the Dala'myrr: "Some sort of vampire parasite?"
    Janeway: Tuvok! *clapclap* Release my hounds!
    Krenim: Hounds? How cliche.
    Janeway: Tuvok! *clapclap* Release my rape gorilla!
    Krenim: ...We'll show ourselves out.
  • Berenene said:
    I wonder what his reaction would have been to the Dala'myrr: "Some sort of vampire parasite?"
    Just asked, he answered as I thought he would
    ME3, Krogan homeworld

• Veldrin said:
    Berenene said:
    Just asked, he answered as I thought he would
    ME3, Krogan homeworld
    My first thought was Dune sandworm turned demon!
    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
  • Veldrin said:
    So I showed my brother all the pictures in the gallery (except the Dala'myrr) and asked him for his first impressions (He knows nothing of Achaea at all). He didn't get any text just the picture itself. I'll bold up his words

Think you forgot the Mhun shaman
    I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • Asmodron said:
    I just realized something...

If Neraoes looks like a teen...

omg, Ourania is a cougar!
    Just heard the "roar" from those terrible CougarLife.com tv commercials.
    I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.