Ask your Producer: Traits edition

Comments

• TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
    Sena said:
    Tecton said:
    Limbcrusher: ~30% reduction in the mounted bonus to avoidance.
    Just to be sure, this applies to both the dodging based on riding skill and the dodging based on mount level, right?
    Yes, its worked out at the same time.
  • Thanks. And because you posted before my edit, I'll ask in a new post:
    Tecton said:
    Meticulous Care: About ~20% higher chance of them not fading.
    This isn't very clear. Say a tattoo normally has a 30% chance to fade per tick, for example. Would the trait make it 16% (0.7*1.2 chance of not fading), 24% (0.3*0.8 chance of fading), 10% (0.3-0.2 chance of fading)?
  • Master contemplator - Does the additional willpower regeration effect increase Kaido's splitting mana regeneration or just meditate's mana regeneration?
  • Oops regeneration not regeration.
    edited March 2013
    Sena said:
    Thanks. And because you posted before my edit, I'll ask in a new post:
    Tecton said:
    Meticulous Care: About ~20% higher chance of them not fading.
    This isn't very clear. Say a tattoo normally has a 30% chance to fade per tick, for example. Would the trait make it 16% (0.7*1.2 chance of not fading), 24% (0.3*0.8 chance of fading), 10% (0.3-0.2 chance of fading)?
    Instead of having, say, a 0.1% chance of fading per tick, it has a 0.083% chance (not the actual values)
    Kuei said:
    Master contemplator - Does the additional willpower regeration effect increase Kaido's splitting mana regeneration or just meditate's mana regeneration?
    Meditate only.
  • Will Glass Shatterer pull your mount into the Arena if you forgot it outside?

Arador said:
    Will Glass Shatterer pull your mount into the Arena if you forgot it outside?
    Unfortunately not, needs to be on the same plane (which the arena is not)
  • CaladbolgCaladbolg Campbell County TN
    edited March 2013
    Sylvance said:
    Iocun said:
    Sylvance said:
    @Tecton - Sorry; I'm sure that this is a dumb question:  Is it a Cheap Shot on the part of the parryer or parryee?  That is, does having your attack parried, or successfully parrying an attack, cause the person with this trait to give a bleeding wound?
    Just to save Tecton some time: it's a trait for the parrying person. If I parry my left arm and you attack my left arm, you start to bleed a bit upon hitting my parry.
    So it's a skill trait for Bards Blademasters and that-class-with-chaos-orbs?
    Also i'd like to throw this out there but im pretty sure with a talisman all the web stuff was possible before new traits. At least Zeon was touching web and impaling me before I writhed.

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    Master crafter
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    About:
    You have production down to a fine art, allowing you to craft clothing and jewellery items faster.

Major Trait: No

Is there any reason why cooking cannot be counted under this trait for balance recovery?
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• CaladbolgCaladbolg Campbell County TN
    Did damage get lowered with this change of traits? I tanked 3 hits from dodder and lived. also noticed I lived through some curare/prefarar spam earlier. Which doesn't really make sense as I lost 1 con the health from the health trait the sip bonus and triage.

• Tecton said:
    Aitox said:
    Old trait question: the "Lucky" trait, by how much does it increase your chances to score a critical hit? Thanks.
    Around half as effective as a L1 critical hit pendant.
    Are you sure? That seems pretty high, compared to what I've seen (or what dragons with crit trackers have given me). With 12824/30809 (~41.6%) crit rate as a human above level 100 and 24888/51835 (~48%) crit rate as a human with lucky and a level 3 pendant, I was pretty sure the human bonus was about +1% (half as effective as a level 1 pendant), and lucky was about 0.5% (25% as effective as a level 1 pendant), with the base crit chance before bonuses for level 99+ being ~40.5%.

It could have been just luck, but with such a large sample size, I thought I'd ask just to be sure.
  • Caladbolg said:
    Did damage get lowered with this change of traits? I tanked 3 hits from dodder and lived. also noticed I lived through some curare/prefarar spam earlier. Which doesn't really make sense as I lost 1 con the health from the health trait the sip bonus and triage.
    It felt like I was doing less damage to death knights too before, rather annoying

• edited March 2013
    Just really looking for the answer to satisfy my curiosity, but does Master Angler make the odds of bigger fish higher, or increase the reeling so that the bigger fish don't snap your lines ? Thanks Sena.
    Kyrra said:
    Master crafter
    About:
    You have production down to a fine art, allowing you to craft clothing and jewellery items faster.

Major Trait: No

Is there any reason why cooking cannot be counted under this trait for balance recovery?
    No reason really, it may in the future!

Caladbolg said:
    Nope, no changes to any damage as part of this. It may be that he changed his traits around, or a variety of other factors (using attacks that run on a percentage of max health etc.)

Sena said:
    Tecton said:
    Aitox said:
    Old trait question: the "Lucky" trait, by how much does it increase your chances to score a critical hit? Thanks.
    Are you sure? That seems pretty high, compared to what I've seen (or what dragons with crit trackers have given me). With 12824/30809 (~41.6%) crit rate as a human above level 100 and 24888/51835 (~48%) crit rate as a human with lucky and a level 3 pendant, I was pretty sure the human bonus was about +1% (half as effective as a level 1 pendant), and lucky was about 0.5% (25% as effective as a level 1 pendant), with the base crit chance before bonuses for level 99+ being ~40.5%.

It could have been just luck, but with such a large sample size, I thought I'd ask just to be sure.
    It's not exactly 1%, it's fractionally lower.

• Tecton said:
    Sena said:
    Tecton said:
    Aitox said:

It's not exactly 1%, it's fractionally lower.
    On a related not, is the human racial crit bonus comparable to that? Closer to the 1% @Sena pulled from @Penwize's crit numbers?
  • I am taking tons more damage since the traits reset.. is something broken?  :((
    The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.

• Solayne said:
    I am taking tons more damage since the traits reset.. is something broken?  :((
    Well depending on which traits you lost, it may just be that you're feeling their lack. If you had reinforced, you'll be taking more damage from that. If you had and gave up robust or receptive body, you'll be sipping for less (and, to a somewhat lesser degree, from losing health weaver and triage), which will make the same amount of damage seem comparatively worse. Though I also feel like I'm hurting more than I should be for just having lost receptive body, health weaver, and triage.
  • I did not have reinforced and did have nimble and do not have nimble currently, so it is confusing. I did not have receptive body but did have triage/health weaver of course but that doesn't account for being hit harder now. I always, always have runes on and my armour so it's baffling. 
    The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.

• Rinzai said:
    Just really looking for the answer to satisfy my curiosity, but does Master Angler make the odds of bigger fish higher, or increase the reeling so that the bigger fish don't snap your lines ? Thanks Sena.
    I have no idea why I "disagreed" with this. I think the mobile forums might not play nicely with the reaction buttons.
  • Does nimble/quick-witted reduce each resistance individually (so having three 10% resistances with nimble would be ~24.6% (0.91*0.91*0.91) instead of ~27.1% (0.9*0.9*0.9) without nimble) or does it reduce your total resistance (so having three 10% resistances with nimble would be ~24.4% (1-0.9*0.9*0.9)*0.9) instead of ~27.1% without nimble)?

Assuming I'm not just wrong about how it works in the first place.
    Sena said:
    Does nimble/quick-witted reduce each resistance individually (so having three 10% resistances with nimble would be ~24.6% (0.91*0.91*0.91) instead of ~27.1% (0.9*0.9*0.9) without nimble) or does it reduce your total resistance (so having three 10% resistances with nimble would be ~24.4% (1-0.9*0.9*0.9)*0.9) instead of ~27.1% without nimble)?

Assuming I'm not just wrong about how it works in the first place.
    The total.
  • AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    Regarding Knife Thrower, how much does it increase balance recovery for throwing bombs?
  • Just threw a bomb in a direction with nimble. 2.7
    So if you have knife thrower, compare with that. If not, I think Aktillum selected it?
    I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    Xith said:
    Just threw a bomb in a direction with nimble. 2.7
    So if you have knife thrower, compare with that. If not, I think Aktillum selected it?
    I'm getting about 2.55 on avg, my guess going in was 5% so maybe that's it.
  • Pretty sure it's 10% balance reduction for throwing things. Does not stack with juggling.

• AktillumAktillum Philippines
    Achilles said:
    Xith said:
    Just threw a bomb in a direction with nimble. 2.7
    I'm getting about 2.55 on avg, my guess going in was 5% so maybe that's it.
    2.3 - 2.5 avg with a .179 latency

.06s with Juggling

• MasarykMasaryk Sangre Plains
    Honestly, thank you for the master angler trait. Nothing more frustrating than those darn snapped lines!

• @Tecton Could you please explain how AIM TO KILL works? I have chosen this instead of LUCKY. I am a human monk, and I may have done a mistake. Thank you.
    Light prevails, always
This discussion has been closed.