OOC Raves

Comments

• KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    Did you do it gangnam style?

• Tranquilizers. That is all

• Kresslack said:
    Did you do it gangnam style?
    Yes...yes I did.

• Thought summer was finally upon me. The we got hit by a week long cold front. Happy for a little while longer before the heat drains away my will to live.

• AitoxAitox South Africa
    Arador said:
    Thought summer was finally upon me. The we got hit by a week long cold front. Happy for a little while longer before the heat drains away my will to live.
    Come on, South African summers aren't that bad. I, for one, am looking forward to the scorching that lies ahead :D
  • Arador said:
    Thought summer was finally upon me. The we got hit by a week long cold front. Happy for a little while longer before the heat drains away my will to live.
    Come on, South African summers aren't that bad. I, for one, am looking forward to the scorching that lies ahead :D

Good lord, I get exhausted just thinking about it. I live between -5 and 20 degrees celsius. I guess it could be worse. I could be living in Durban.

• FINALLY DONE THE GRE GENERAL EXAM.

Related rant : Still have to do the subject exam -_-
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    e^(iπ) + 1 = 0
  • Xer said:
    FINALLY DONE THE GRE GENERAL EXAM.

Related rant : Still have to do the subject exam -_-
    Woot! What subject, out of curiosity?
  • Pure Mathematics. Aiming to be a professor in probably Harmonic Analysis, but I have no clue how it'll turn out :P
    e^(iπ) + 1 = 0
  • Nice. I prefer my Math dirty, but best of luck with it.
  • Wubi. Makes it easy to switch between variants of ubuntu.

• Arador said:
    Arador said:

Good lord, I get exhausted just thinking about it. I live between -5 and 20 degrees celsius. I guess it could be worse. I could be living in Durban.
    Can't wait for summer here... other than getting burnt, I love it. Rarely gets above 30*c here.

Honourable, knight eternal,

Darkly evil, cruel infernal.

Necromanctic to the core,

Dance with death forever more.

• You can borrow Texas if you want. Not this past summer, but the one before, the temperature got to just over 45°c (not kidding) and was over 37° for more than 100 days in a row. #:-S
  • Peak said:
    You can borrow Texas if you want. Not this past summer, but the one before, the temperature got to just over 45°c (not kidding) and was over 37° for more than 100 days in a row. #:-S
    No thanks.

Honourable, knight eternal,

Darkly evil, cruel infernal.

Necromanctic to the core,

Dance with death forever more.

• AmunetAmunet Spokane, Washington, USA
    Artichokes. I love them so much. I just found out that my favourite pizza delivery place added artichokes to their vegetarian pizza. It totally made my night.
    My avatar is an image created by this very talented gentleman, of whose work I am extremely jealous. It was not originally a picture of Amunet, but it certainly looks a great deal like how I envision her!
  • Peak said:
    You can borrow Texas if you want. Not this past summer, but the one before, the temperature got to just over 45°c (not kidding) and was over 37° for more than 100 days in a row. #:-S
    been the same in LA north of the hills for the last week as well.

Party right, party hard,

Sing and dance, perfect bard.

Prefarar loop, accentato whore,

Buy a new rapier, get nerfed some more.

• Peak said:

Lived in Durban for 2 years. Probably the worst time of my life. 31 degrees celsius at 7:30 in the morning, 95+% humidity. Highs also around the mid 40's.

Highest temperature I ever felt was Tzaneen, one summer. 48 degrees, 98% humidity outside and guess what I had to do? I had to go into a damn greenhouse to carry out tomato plants.

Arador said:
    Lived in Durban for 2 years. Probably the worst time of my life. 31 degrees celsius at 7:30 in the morning, 95+% humidity. Highs also around the mid 40's. Highest temperature I ever felt was Tzaneen, one summer. 48 degrees, 98% humidity outside and guess what I had to do? I had to go into a damn greenhouse to carry out tomato plants.
    I lived in Durban for 7 years of my life (late primary school, whole high school) and it was hell. We didn't have aircon in the apartment, so I use to lean one of my legs against the wall my bed was against when I was sleeping to steal some of the coolness. February was the worst month; showered 3 times a day, everyday :|
  • Aitox said:

Arador said:

Peak said:

Lived in Durban for 2 years. Probably the worst time of my life. 31 degrees celsius at 7:30 in the morning, 95+% humidity. Highs also around the mid 40's.

Highest temperature I ever felt was Tzaneen, one summer. 48 degrees, 98% humidity outside and guess what I had to do? I had to go into a damn greenhouse to carry out tomato plants.

I lived in Durban for 7 years of my life (late primary school, whole high school) and it was hell. We didn't have aircon in the apartment, so I use to lean one of my legs against the wall my bed was against when I was sleeping to steal some of the coolness. February was the worst month; showered 3 times a day, everyday :|

I know your pain. I used to climb off thr bed and sleep on the tiles. Anyway, where are you these days? I'm in Kempton.

edited September 2012
    Pretoria, myself, found the culture of Tukkies addictive and decided to stay: Blue Bulls rugby, Hatfield square, lots of braais. Only Pretorians exhibit that amount of South African 'spirit'. Working for the SAPS, promoting corruption and so forth :D (the last might or might not be a joke)
  • Not sure if rants or raves, so I'm erring on the side of positivity.

1) Last few lessons of Karate. :(

2) University on Saturday. :)

3) Some of my (younger) students got teary at me (and another Senpai) leaving, which also set me off. :(

4) Sensei bought me .7L of alcohol. :)

Overall...

• Of pure alcohol? :O

• Not pure alcohol. Pina Colada.

Pure alcohol would be a rave all of it's own.

• Oh man, that reminds me of the time I had Pina Colada for the first time in Cuba. Mmmm... they made it on the spot so it was so fresh and delicious. I haven't had many drinks that compare to that one time
    e^(iπ) + 1 = 0
  • edited September 2012
    Silas said:
    Of pure alcohol? :O
    YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAW Bubba! Get me summa tha'at thar moonshine!
  • I've been stuck at a job in which a couple of people have been making my time hell but couldn't quit or else I'ld have to pay them $6250 for training. I finally got the guts to talk to the general manager about it earlier in the week which then made the said people treat me even worse. So bless his soul called me in for a meeting and made me redundant so I didn't have to pay the money back.
  • Tahquil said:
    I've been stuck at a job in which a couple of people have been making my time hell but couldn't quit or else I'ld have to pay them $6250 for training. I finally got the guts to talk to the general manager about it earlier in the week which then made the said people treat me even worse. So bless his soul called me in for a meeting and made me redundant so I didn't have to pay the money back.
    That's absolutely awful! Except the part where you got a way out.

That said, I'm disappointed that you, not the 'couple of people' were removed.
    Miin-aan baash kimini-sij-i-gan bitooyin sij-i-gan-i bukwayszhiigan = blueberry π
  • end of martinez-chavez jr. almost gave me a heart attack
    And as he slept he dreamed a dream, and this was his dream.
  • Aitox said:
    Pretoria, myself, found the culture of Tukkies addictive and decided to stay: Blue Bulls rugby, Hatfield square, lots of braais. Only Pretorians exhibit that amount of South African 'spirit'. Working for the SAPS, promoting corruption and so forth :D (the last might or might not be a joke)
    Blue......dangly bits under bakkies aside, I dig the Pretoria spirit. And I am a typical South African in that I say "Corruption is BAD........unless it is the cop that pulled me over......"