Arrange Clothes

A simple way to arrange the order in which worn clothes appear. "Clothes Shirt238483 move up" or something. Currently, worn items are very disorganized:

He is wearing:
 a ring of Divine Justice,
 the Arcadian medal of Freedom,
 a commemorative Y450 backpack,
 an earring of Sinope through his left ear,
 a ring of pestilence,
 a tie-dyed towel,
 a blackened bone ring,
 a charred bone ring,
 an etched ivory ring,
 a Ceylonese ring,
 a bag of stasis,
 a black ribbon of remembrance,
 a bone ring with an icewall rune,
 an Aldar talisman,
 a hunter's belt,
 a harlequin punster pouch,
 a pair of buckawn's boots,
 a gold-rimmed, glass tarot deck,
 a pair of Mayan Bracelets,
 a bone ring with a blue emblem of ice,
 a sophisticated gentleman's cape of pure black,
 a black and grey striped woollen scarf,
 a glittering ring of vitality, and
 a quipster's quiver

Comments

• It's in the order they are in your inventory.  This has been brought up repeatedly, but I think they said no each time (don't quote me on that)
  • The only time it really irks me is when a pair of earrings isn't... paired.
  • Yeah, I think similar things have been denied in the past. Nevertheless, I think they are utterly wrong about denying it, so let's make further threads until we get it! Seriously, more control over how to show your clothing (without having to remove-rewear all kinds of stuff) would be so great. Allowing clothing to be actually tied in into your desc would be even greater, but something like this in the OP would be a minimum solution.
  • OP would be nice. Or just naturally organize by slot.
    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
  • YueYue
    edited February 2013
    OP would be nice, or FIFO by wear sequence. I.e. if you remove all your clothing then wear a backpack and a hat, the backpack will display first in your desc, followed by the hat, etc.

edit: FIFO - first in, first out (first on, first off)
  • I never liked that either.  Wearing a pair of earrings would be great.  
  • HalosHalos The Reaches
    edited February 2013
    Remove all of your clothing, put it all in your pack, then take it back out and rewear it in the order you want it to be displayed on your body. It's tedious, but it works.

EDIT: Upon rereading the OP I realize you asked for a simple way of doing this. Ah, well. I see no reason not to support this. It seems largely cosmetic.

A frenzied cleric screams, "Like more than one halo!"
  • omg that works? wow, smh..
  • Need something similar to OP for ELIST.  I get that it can be done easily enough by dropping/picking, but damn it's a PITA.
    Tvistor: If that was a troll, it was masterful.
    I take my hat off to you.
  • Skye said:
    Why can't those two just be grouped together and just say 'he is wearing a pair of orange earrings' without the leftear/rightear stuff.
    You can wear an earring in any piercing, not just ears.
  • FitzFitz Fire and Spice
    It's a simple idea and I like it. Not to derail, but I've always wondered why we can't wear things over/under much like how you can't see my or a ladies undies when they are clothed, most armour, including up to chainmail, wouldn't be visible when wearing things like robes and a cloak. Unless the assumption is you wear it over your clothing no matter what. Which, in some cases I think would he an encumberance.

• Aktillum said:
    A simple way to arrange the order in which worn clothes appear. "Clothes Shirt238483 move up" or something. Currently, worn items are very disorganized:

He is wearing:
     a quipster's quiver
    Mental image of a quiver with Skrillex hair and glasses.
    I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • This would be nice, I dislike having clothing appear on me in the wrong order. Kalvon made this for me a long time ago: http://www.ironrealms.com/mud-scripts/plugin-to-re-order-clothes :x
  • Yue said:
    OP would be nice, or FIFO by wear sequence. I.e. if you remove all your clothing then wear a backpack and a hat, the backpack will display first in your desc, followed by the hat, etc.

It already is, it's just not by wear sequence - it's by the sequence that they enter your inventory. So if you drop them or put them into containers, you get FIFO behaviour.
  • Tael said:
    Yue said:

It already is, it's just not by wear sequence - it's by the sequence that they enter your inventory. So if you drop them or put them into containers, you get FIFO behaviour.
    Haven't checked lately, old problem used to be the items were re-sequenced every serenade or whatever.
    Current scripts: GoldTracker 1.2, mData 1.1
    Site: https://github.com/trevize-achaea/scripts/releases
    Thread: http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4064/trevizes-scripts
    Latest update: 9/26/2015 better character name handling in GoldTracker, separation of script and settings, addition of gold report and gold distribute aliases.
  • Trevize said:
    Tael said:
    Yue said:

Haven't checked lately, old problem used to be the items were re-sequenced every serenade or whatever.
    They definitely aren't re-sequenced by Serenade right now. I set the order of mine a while back and it hasn't changed.

Also, having an actual command to do this would still be nice. Heck, a general-purpose inventory rearranging command would not go amiss.
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    Inventory is only re-sequenced if there is a rollback, I believe. Having to reorder my vials drives my crazy.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• CardanCardan The Garden
    One of the biggest issue that this will cause is that there is nothing recorded anywhere in the item DB that relates to what order something was worn in.

Probably the least complicated I could do would be to re-order it based around the clothing slots (head, neck, shoulders, etc) and processed in the order of those, but this would also involve ensuring that everything that is wearable has a clothing slot set, which may in turn introduce problems where people are wearing 47 rings and necklaces because they love the bling but using the clothing slot system enforces that they can only wear 10 (just a number off the top of my head, not necessarily correct) and they can no longer wear those 37 other piece of jewelry.
  • Just make INFO WORN work kind of like CLAN LIST.

worn <item> moveup
    worn <item #> movedown
    etc.

When something is worn it goes to the bottom or top of the list. (This could be config'd by the player?) 
  • Ha, like a new player trait just for putting worn objects in order. I wonder how much extra data that would consume, as people have 10 clans by default but the average female newbie alt wears an entire Cyrenese clothing store right out of Minia.
    Don't know if that's where clans are stored currently but yeah.

Wondering how "worth it" this is if it's possible to sort things in the order of inventory already.
  • Would it be possible to just get a command to rearrange things in the inventory?

Something like MOVEUP <item> or MOVEDOWN <item>. All it would do is reorder things the same way dropping and picking up the item/putting it in and taking it out of a container. Since clothes work on the same basis, it would work for that while also letting people reorder their inventories.
  • That would effectively pack everything invisibly and create a temporary table to store the order and pull it all back out with the thing moved up a space. Seems better in terms of storage but more work in the moment. That's my guesswork anyway.
  • Either way, Xith, I'm guessing the storage is pretty negligible.
  • Yue said:
    Either way, Xith, I'm guessing the storage is pretty negligible.
    I remembered Tecton saying that the way recent tells are stored is on a string that's generated on login or something, which was why they couldn't save tells after logout. I thought it was for storage reasons.
  • Cardan said:
    One of the biggest issue that this will cause is that there is nothing recorded anywhere in the item DB that relates to what order something was worn in.

Probably the least complicated I could do would be to re-order it based around the clothing slots (head, neck, shoulders, etc) and processed in the order of those, but this would also involve ensuring that everything that is wearable has a clothing slot set, which may in turn introduce problems where people are wearing 47 rings and necklaces because they love the bling but using the clothing slot system enforces that they can only wear 10 (just a number off the top of my head, not necessarily correct) and they can no longer wear those 37 other piece of jewelry.
    Isn't that what

Decorated
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    About:
    You're a fan of all that glitters and shines, so you can wear double the normal amount of jewellery 
    in each non-piercing location.

Major Trait: No
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------

is for?