Phaestus, the Smith (for real this time)

124»

Comments

• I always wanted to ask Lord Phaestus whether He was man-like or dwarf-like because I couldn't understand from His appearance. However, I thought the question might be insane because how can you look at someone and not see that? So I asked if I could ask a potentially insane question. Answer: "probably not." Drove me nuts for more rl months than I can recall.

So now I finally know. Hooray!
  • In the back of my mind I sort of imagined Phaestus like the Narnia version of Father Christmas.

I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • edited February 2013
    Jiraishin said:
    I think Vastar does have wings.
      An Immortal bearing a resemblance to a dwarf doesn't seem much odder to me than an Immortal with horns or extra arms.
    Yep.
    He is a radiant immortal and is wreathed in the Eternal wind, flowing around Him as He stays aloft, uplifted by great wings the shade and colour of storm clouds, a physical link to His mortal kin.

Whereas Phaestus' description doesn't say anything than means he must be a dwarf, and wings for Vastar =/= Atavian on their own.
  • We need greataxes as viable knight weapons, so Phaestus can recruit someone and someone can reply "You have my axe."
  • Isn't any axe a greataxe in relation to a dwarf though?
  • You are a genius.

Brb Warden alt.
  • @Silvarien

Next time, just prepend the question with, "In your own opinion," and it makes it more or less sane. "In your own opinion, are you dwarf-like or man-like?" "In your own opinion, what color is the sky?" "In your own opinion, is there a river here or not?" 

It makes you a liiiiittle (okay, a lot) odd, but it's still fairly IC.
  • If you say "Can I ask something insane?", you're already asking something OOC.
  • edited February 2013
    @delphinus its better than simply blurting your whatever question you had

• Antidas said:
    @delphinus its better than simply blurting your whatever question you had
    You tell Phaestus, "What's your ping?"
    I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • @Antidas: Right, I agree, but you're setting a weird tone by asking about "insanity." It shows the line's not well-demarcated to begin with. That just leads to emails calling Phaestus "Papa," and then everyone is unsettled.

Things that might work:
    1. msg phaestus (( Excuse me, but if you have a moment, I was just wondering...))
    2. issue me I was just wondering...
    3. phaestus@achaea.com: Hello there! I was just wondering...

I am not Phaestus, so I can't say with certainty that these'd be fine. The email is probably the safest bet, and if you need to pursue it IG, they'll say so.
  • Sarapis said:

Lala said:

Oo sexy legs.

Heh, we actually sent it back to the artist a couple times to get the legs properly manly.

@Sarapis - "We need his legs to be, you know, 20% cooler!!"

• edited February 2013
    @Siena everytime I see your name, I think of the "See ya in a Kia" commercial.

Edit: Eye kan knot spel :(