Lupus and Lorielan

124»

Comments

• MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    Tenebrus likes his diety iirc

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • Besides having a long standing bias with Lupus, I'm amused that you, Delph, are still oblivious about a faction within Achaea.

Anyone who has attempted to join the "bashing order" in my entire time of interaction with them (~160 years) has not only been turned away, or ran away crying. Lupus' hunts are in no way mashing of F1, and people who think differently often whine about going up against difficult things and losing their precious textp. Also, if Lupus catches any of us abusing mechanics to kill something, He kills us instead.

Lupus' order is just as much about exploring and understanding the world of Achaea, as it is about hunting things that prove to be challenging.
  • Wattsee said:
    [Lupus isn't just the god of bashing.]

I know. I said as much in my post:
    Delphinus said:
    Lupus is/was the Wild God of Beasts: warden of animals, father of the lycanthropes, patron god of huntsmen.
    You should reread the context. I was rebuffing Rispok's calls for a "bashing diety deity," not libelling those who've been seen outwardly as such.
  • Delphinus said:
    Iocun said:
    Delphinus said:
    Rispok said:
    I hate to say it, but it doesn't have to be Lupus, so long as there's a bashing diety.
    Building an order (an RP organisation) around bashing (a necessary game mechanic) is bland. It demands no culture and requires no interaction.
    I don't necessarily agree. Building an order on the idea of "just bash lots and offer the stuff" is bland, yes, but the whole idea of "hunting" can be explored deeper and be tackled in a much more colourful way too, if you actually go into the roleplay of what it means to be a "hunter", rather than just focusing on the mechanics of bashing.
    Then those would be based around something more substantial than "bashing deity." Lupus is/was the Wild God of Beasts: warden of animals, father of the lycanthropes, patron god of huntsmen. That he became the "bashing deity" is an unfortunate side effect of the game's nomenclature.

My point is that if you can pare it down to "God of Bashing" -- if that's the reason people join -- something's wrong. You'd need extra culture to make it compelling, and it should be the culture that people seek, not "who's down with my macros."
    My reference was a bit off, I will admit. 6:30AM isn't my most fantastic time of day. I read your responses as 'because' the God of the Hunt has been pared down to the God of Bashing, because of x, y, z... and that's completely bland and inherently wrong. In which case, I was agreeing with you, apparently, because Lupus' order was/is a completely different set of ideals (though is does use PvE as a major component).

The comment of "who's down with my macros" was what really got me going, because I can't count the number of people who have attempted to follow Lupus and have not fit at all because they felt that way.