San Francisco

Hi all,

I'm going to be over in San Francisco with some free time from the 30th of March until the 3rd of April, if anyone wants to catch up.

Also - if anyone can suggest some decent, relatively cheap hotels that would be great.

Comments

• KenwayKenway San Francisco
    Can't help much with hotels since I'm generally in my house, but you -have- to eat at Hot Cookie, and Q.

- Limb Counter - Fracture Relapsing -
    "Honestly, I just love that it counts limbs." - Mizik Corten
    Also if you don't post a picture to the Player Pics thread of you at Hot Cookie, that's just a photo-op wasted.

• HalosHalos The Reaches
    I love Hot Cookie.

A frenzied cleric screams, "Like more than one halo!"
  • AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    define cheap, SF hotels are kind of expensive.

I try to stay at the Clift, the lounge downstairs is always popping during conferences.  Anything near Market Street is close to shopping, restaurants, the Metreon and the Moscone.

• I *barely* missed the Star Trek convention with George Takei last fall and I'm still pissed.  Anyway, enjoy :)  Never heard of Hot Cookie, but then again, San Fran does have it all.  
    Hot Cookie is a hole in the wall bakery in the heart of the Castro which makes the best cookies I've ever had.
    Their thing is they also sell Hot Cookie underwear which people wear and pose in outside the store for a free cookie and the picture gets stuck to the wall in the shop.

They also have... interesting cookie designs. But that can be a surprise.

• Sounds interesting, I'll drop in and give it a try!

• Just google image "hole in the wall" instead.  It's gonna be okay, bby.
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena

Hotel Union Square is cheap given its location: smack dab in the middle of downtown/tourism/the shopping district.

Kenway said:
    Hot Cookie is a hole in the wall bakery in the heart of the Castro which makes the best cookies I've ever had.
    Meh, the cocoa cayenne is great, but I'm underwhelmed by most other flavors.
    Kenway said:
    you -have- to eat at Hot Cookie, and Q.
    Haha, by "Q", I hope you're referring to "Q Restaurant" and not "Q Bar", where people do a very different kind of... "eating".