What do you want to do in Achaea?

2»

Comments

• RomRom
    edited January 2013
    I only started playing again because of how amazing combat is in this game compared to any other game I've ever played; everything else is just "bonus" for me. Now I just have to actually be decent at it.
    Chat with other players in real time on your phone, browser, or desktop client:
    Come join the Achaea discord!
  • VayneVayne Rhode Island
    I think the choices for this poll are rather poorly chosen, but I have always been focused on the political aspect which is pure RP itself, not sure what part is not pure RP beyond lolPK but whatever. Achaea's biggest draw for me was always that things are largely player driven letting you work your way to the top of a faction and steer it for better or for worse.
  • KenwayKenway San Francisco
    I think what draws me most to Achaea is our ability to shape things as players. Starting out my goals for Kenway were... stabbing things? I guess. But while I do enjoy combat, there is a lot that I see that I'd like to help change or shape in some way. So while I'm not particularly interested in politics, no one will bloody listen to you if you don't hold some position of power so:
    LEAD ALL THE THINGS!

- Limb Counter - Fracture Relapsing -
    "Honestly, I just love that it counts limbs." - Mizik Corten
  • p obvious
  • edited January 2013
    I wish daydreamer was an option. 

A lot of times I just log on and then walk away from the computer. Don't know why.

Sometimes I forget I'm still in the game. 
    Commission List: Aesi, Kenway, Shimi, Kythra, Trey, Sholen .... 5/5 CLOSED
    I will not draw them in the order that they are requested... rather in the order that I get inspiration/artist block.
  • When I grow up I want to be Tagg.

• DaslinDaslin The place with the oxygen
    @Finchy That's only if you can stick on one class. Unless you wanna be @Vaehl
  • Ultimately, I'm still deciding what it is I want to do, which is why I have a number of alts. I still haven't found a fit and can't decide on a focus or a class.
  • DaslinDaslin The place with the oxygen
    @Lodi ...dat answer! Nice. I've seen a ton of people playing this game without any RP.... it's just... odd.
  • I like leadership and helping out but more so in a context I'm more comfortable in which in this case is a House rather than a city. I can't stand being overly average.
  • Power...unlimited POWER! Muahaha.

Also, fishing.
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    Totems. It's all I log in for.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• I originally joined for the RP, and I loved how everything 'looked'. I could literally see myself in a room with a really angry bear and RP myself shaking in my text boots as he took a swipe at me. Then RPing a 'Good' priestess was fun, sitting in Nirvana and the Basilica learning diligently. Learning combat was hard but I did alright at first, won a few FFA's. I do wish the game was less PK and more RP though.
    Phaestus, the Smith says, "I think My raid backfired. Now I'm the one getting raided."

(Leaders): Lathis says, "Just make sure Sabiru doesn't get charged with anything <3."
    (Leaders): Sabiru says, "<3."

• RuthRuth Singapore
    You forget a sailing option too.

Anyway, I never was very good at combat. Ruth was the first character I ever made on the first MUD I ever played. Combat did not appeal to me back then and so I was mainly drawn to the RP possibilities. Politics was also not my cup of tea, mostly because I wasn't mature enough to deal with it or think about it at my age.

When I came back to Achaea after a long time (I got hooked onto Aetolia all that while), I came to be really interested in various aspects of the game. While I'm not as hardcore a combatant as many others who chose the PK option here, I found myself really interested in the mechanics and tactics. So, while I'm not able to solo PK well, I try my best. I can understand and discuss tactics, and I'm extremely fond of offensive/defensive raid and shrine situations. The best thing is, in Mhaldor, I can pursue both RP and combat together!

Political aspirations only really popped up when I got handed that council position through house appointments. From there, it was a slippery slope downwards into politics. I enjoy it, though. Leadership has never been really draining on me; the enjoyment I derive from doing good in it far outweighs the disadvantages of being a leader.

I also like sailing, exploring and crafting. PoM got me addicted to ship combat and the tactics behind it. Exploring is fun, it really adds a lot to my experience in Achaea. Crafting, or tailoring rather, was something I took up on a whim. I need to make my license worthwhile.
    "Mummy, I'm hungry, but there's no one to eat! :C"

• Playing Siena is difficult in a way. She was my first character and my introduction to the game. She does have a lot of baggage. However she is my baby and I can't seem to stop playing her. I've tried a lot of different things in game and never had any real expectations on how to play her. I find teaching to be the most fun though.