The Music Thread

Comments

• AlcinaeAlcinae AFK
    edited December 2012
    One of my favorite artists, Giles Corey. Weirdly enough, I love listening to him in the morning before I go to school.

• edited December 2012

I love this dude.
  • Recent Music I've been listening to:

1. ASAP Mob: Lord$ Never Worry
    2. Danny Brown: XXX
    3. John Coltrane: A Love Supreme
    4. Interpol: Turn on the Bright Lights
    5. Giles Corey: Deconstructionist
    6. Radiohead: Kid A
    7. Grizzly Bear: Shields
  • edited December 2012
    I'm a big Mountain Goats fan, and I've had this song in my head lately:
    The Mountain Goats - "Enoch 18:14"

• HaldonHaldon I forgot...
    edited January 2013
    Well let's see if my old self can do this correctly. I'm a bit stuck in my ways musically but it's still good. Whipping Post by Allman Brothers Band on Grooveshark
    Arguing with a zealot is only slightly easier than tunneling through a mountain with your forehead.
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States

• Sade, anybody?

e.g. Soldier of Love

• KatzchenKatzchen Mhaldor
    edited January 2013
    Trying to work out how to get the embed to work on here, and failing. :(

Honourable, knight eternal,

Darkly evil, cruel infernal.

Necromanctic to the core,

Dance with death forever more.

• edited January 2013
    Click on the 'Show Source' button, then post the embed code in there.
    Oz by Yellowjackets on Grooveshark
    edited January 2013

edited January 2013

This one is just epic.

• edited January 2013
  • edited January 2013
    Bah. I'll try another day. Too tired to figure it.

• I usually go for late 70s - early 00s music, mostly ambient, New Age, acoustic pop, soft rock, etc. Notable artists would be Sarah McLachlan, Richard Marx, Sting (and the Police), and Enya. Notable instrumentals would be Aaron Goldberg, Richy Kicklighter, Sahnas, and Tim Janis.

I'm really open to most other types of music though - I especially like trance and club music (might have been all the Dance Dance Revolution), and certain other types of dance and electronica.

League of Legends: IA ROCKS (NA)
    Guild Wars 2: erasariel.1532 - Devona's Rest (NA)
    Final Fantasy XIV: Novi Selea - Cactuar (NA)
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ErasarielOfAchaea/
    Achaea: Erasariel (duh!)
  • I miss DDR...

• Idelisa said:

I love this dude.
    Macklemore is the besttt! Haha I haven't heard "And we danced" for like almost two years now...Nice to hear it again :D
  • edited January 2013
    18 seconds in is where the music starts, and the action!

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
  • I know how much you guys like 20-minute Jazz pieces, so here. You're welcome.
    In a Silent Way / It's About That Time by Miles Davis on Grooveshark
  • Ain't really music, but I really like Orson Welles' voice.  Been listening to Tom Waits, Bill Withers, and Miles Davis while I've been sick the past week.
    And as he slept he dreamed a dream, and this was his dream.
  • EldEld
    edited January 2013
    Ellodin said:
    Ain't really music, but I really like Orson Welles' voice.  Been listening to Tom Waits, Bill Withers, and Miles Davis while I've been sick the past week.
    Feel like listening to people who sound like they're sympathising with your laryngitis? Might want to toss in some Louis Armstrong, too.

(That's mostly in response to the Tom Waits. Bill Withers' voice doesn't make my throat hurt and I'm not sure I've heard Miles Davis sing (if he ever did))
  • EldEld
    edited January 2013

Ellodin said:
    Yeah, my cousin and I always make fun of the way Louis Armstrong sings.  One time, when I was young, I made a comment to my dad about how differently Armstrong and Braddah Iz (Israel Kamakawiwo'ole) sing Over the Rainbow, and my dad said "that's because one of them is a man, and the other is a fairy."
    I would prefer to avoid both, personally. But "This one's for Gabby" will forever be a catch phrase between a friend and I due to the Iz version being played incessantly on a couple of our Pandora stations.

Edit: a particular live version, that is.
  • I still listen to the Escaflowne soundtrack. I forgot this show is 17 years old now...

• My favorite song to listen to while jogging during winter mornings.

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • LIGHT AND SPACE by LAUREL HALO on Grooveshark

Words are just words, words are just words, that you soon forgetttttttt.....