Mudlet GUI's

edited October 2012 in Client Help
I'm interested in seeing what sort of GUI's ya'll have for Mudlet. I poked through the old forums and the mudlet forum, saw some pics there, and figured that it was time for a new thread! So let's see what ya got!

Comments

• Since this thread is slow to get started, I'll post what I've got so far. This is actually on my BM alt, I don't have much of a GUI on Jacen

GUI mode set to PvE:

GUI Mode set to Bashing

The reason I split it up is because the screens pretty small on our family computer, so I needed to make more space. I intend to add more to the bottom info bar in the future, like the moss on, shielded or not, keeping up rebounding that sort of thing. The little bashing window is something I'm proud of. It auto selects targets in the room based on predefined priorities, by ID number. So if I walk into a room with a mhun keeper and five mhun miners, I'm guaranteed to target the keeper first. Also shows shards, gold drops, and any quest items in the room.

Also, the wholist needs a ton of work. Didn't realize when I started how aggravating it would be to display it in a two column format 
  • edited January 2013
    Okay after being forced to rewrite, I gone back through Mudlet and tried to work a few more things out.

I had a lot of problems working Geyser before, but after coming back the second time I am sort of getting the hang of a few things.  Its not flash compared to a few I have seen but here's mine so far:

• @Panpardus I have the same keyboard, and I've been trying to memorize what i've set my G keys too... I'm such an idiot. 
  • As a dinosaur whose last coding accomplishment was in 2005, I'm extremely jealous of your mudlet abilities.

Right now I'm the true definition of an svo noob.
  • Hey @Jacen yeah the edit function on the keyboard is good. Thankfully  Im on holidays at the moment so have a bit of time to play, and this makes more sense now looking at the second time.

The first I looked at Geyser and Mudlet I just went Meh! too hard.  -- It still is, but I  can do basics now.

Update #2 - The bottom container I will use as something  else to do with Ships once, all the labels can be clicked or they change with alias, I'll probably look at making another profile on the keyboard and have something for Ships, not sure yet.

• @Iocun - post what yours looks like now

Here's mine. This is me taking a nap.  I didn't make most of the code... in fact, all I coded were the bar thingys at the bottom right.  But I did make as many thing pink and purple as possible.  

chat box ==> Demonnic
    rest ==> omnipave. 

<3 you guys
    Commission List: Aesi, Kenway, Shimi, Kythra, Trey, Sholen .... 5/5 CLOSED
    I will not draw them in the order that they are requested... rather in the order that I get inspiration/artist block.
  • @Iocun that's incredibly well done, totally blown away that somebody is playing Achaea...like that
  • @Iocun WOAH!!!

Commission List: Aesi, Kenway, Shimi, Kythra, Trey, Sholen .... 5/5 CLOSED
    I will not draw them in the order that they are requested... rather in the order that I get inspiration/artist block.
  • What are these pictures and graphics? What part of "text game" do you not understand, @Iocun?
  • Iocun's setup is... just sick.  Part of what gets me is that not only does he feel he can afford to give up such a large amount of screen space for something that is completely impractical, it (like the whole setup) is just executed so well.  
  • @Iocun, would you ever sell your GUI?
  • All you people go away. I have dibs, DIBS I SAY!
  • Trading GUI for Chenubian wings. Any takers?
    When shall we set a date to discuss the must haves?
  • @Iocun Those icons you're using for classes are pretty nifty. I wouldn't mind adding them to my own UI's.
  • edited January 2013
    Yeah, they're great. They're out of a quite huge free collection from a person naming himself "Lorc" I found here.

All I did was resize them a bit and turn the white into transparency, so I could have their colour change.
  • It has a good look...

• I can agree with some of your choices for class icons even where they deviate from mine, but sorry, your runewarden choice is just wrong. Picking a fullplate would be fine if there wasn't anything more specific runewarden-like (I picked the fullplate for paladin for that reason), but please: there is a sword with runes on it! How could you not pick that for runie!?!

[-X

(I had that guitar for bard first as well, but then it looked a bit too much like an electric guitar to me, so I switched it.)
  • I didn't see that runed sword at first glance so I chose the dual rapiers for paladin and the armor for runie. :\

I play guitar oocly so the bard choice seemed pretty awesome.

In all honesty, I tried to switch it up as much as possible, but you did seem to pick the perfect representations of each.

And I must say, given the icons provided, I was in awe of how many could actually relate to Achaea. Not just the classes, but tattoos, skills, and such. Tell this Lorc that we need more!
  • I don't know Lorc! I just stumbled on that by browsing through opengameart.org.
    So you tell him!
  • @Iocun

Wow, that UI is amazing.  I've just finally made the switch to Mudlet from Zmud, only a few years late though so I don't have much idea about how to code in Mudlet, can you recommend a good place to start learning?
  • That .. is hot.
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    Holy shit...I need to learn how to utilize GUI's. I've just been using the Wall of Text and everything manually. Gets pretty boring and bland....especially when @Xenomorph decides to throw his five paragraph discussions about absolutely nothing into a clan channel.

Anyone have any reputable guides they can link?