Bounties

2»

Comments

• Nazihk said:
    Lanre said:
    1. It makes no sense for bounties to not be nullified upon killing the bounty hunter. You had your chance to meat out justice for whatever wrong you think your city was given. You failed, why should you be rewarded for failure with endless opportunities to keep trying to complete the bounty?
    Because otherwise you end up with stupid situations where people feel like they shouldn't take bounties because they should save them for the 'real' bounty hunters, so that they don't waste their city's chance at revenge.

Also because bounties are a reason for one person to kill you, but you can be defended by many more people. I shouldn't lose my shot at you just because I got wrecked by an earring train when I made my attempt. 
    I'd like to touch on this a little more, as this directly pertains to me. Nazihk really nailed this on the head. I've done roughly about five to ten bounties that I knew I had a decent shot at completing, and completed them, so I thought I'd test myself by taking a really uncertain contract. I can't seem to kill this person, no matter what I  try -- but here's the thing -- I've learned way more from this one individual than all the rest, and this person is mowing down on my Dragon experience (they seem to be going for Dragon). It's a win/win in this case, but Nazihk is right. In the back of my mind, I'm dreading the moment that it declares to Targossas that I wasted their gold and chance for revenge...even if ultimately I am growing a lot. I appreciate the opportunity to keep trying, especially for a low-tier combatant like myself. It gives me the little nudge I need to step out of my comfort zone and learn new ways to fail and grow. It maybe be irritating that someone can and will relentlessly hunt you until success is achieved, but you can also just not commit crimes if you don't want to experience retribution.
  • Pyori said:
    Lanre said:
    1. It makes no sense for bounties to not be nullified upon killing the bounty hunter. You had your chance to meat out justice for whatever wrong you think your city was given. You failed, why should you be rewarded for failure with endless opportunities to keep trying to complete the bounty?

I already explained this. Bounties are not contracts, why wouldn't you be able to get multiple chances? Bounties, in virtually every aspect (not just Achaea) is a "keep at it until it's done" thing. Not a "oh well better luck next time" thing. That's what contracts are.

Also it's mete. Not meat.

If you kill a bounty hunter in any other aspect besides in a game, they're dead and won't be coming after you. /troll
  • Puxi said:
    Pyori said:
    Lanre said:

I already explained this. Bounties are not contracts, why wouldn't you be able to get multiple chances? Bounties, in virtually every aspect (not just Achaea) is a "keep at it until it's done" thing. Not a "oh well better luck next time" thing. That's what contracts are.

If you kill a bounty hunter in any other aspect besides in a game, they're dead and won't be coming after you. /troll
    In this scenario, whoever put up the bounty in the first place will just up the price on your head so another bounty hunter can go after you.
     <3 
  • I like the idea of being told when a bounty is placed versus when it is taken. Ratchets up the excitement and anxiety.

Honestly most of the time I don't notice a bounty has been put on me; usually someone DW steps in, kills me, and then I notice the message icon saying a bounty was taken and now completed.
  • Sitting in cities is not a punishment.  Most people do that anyways.
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."
  • Puxi said:
    Pyori said:
    Lanre said:

While I know it's a troll comment, I'll say the bounty still exists unlike a contract dying with the assassin.