Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

Quick Questions

1348349350351352354»

Comments

• SuladanSuladan Posts: 187Member ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Connell said:
    Just wait after that command and it’s a process? Should have a “you fail at getting ur stick because you move around too much” message.

could be wrong though, my memory isn’t what it used to be
    Tried staying there about 30 min to get tree to reset so I could try it again. Yineid didn't do nuthin'. 

@Makarios any tips on this?

The Truths hurt. Always.
  • IsmayIsmay Posts: 479Member ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Try ‘twig’. I know it’s something that doesn’t make a lot of sense in that context.
  • GarnerGarner Posts: 15Member ✭✭ - Stalwart
    Try doing 'II' and looking for whatever keyword it is.
  • SuladanSuladan Posts: 187Member ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Ismay said:
    Try ‘twig’. I know it’s something that doesn’t make a lot of sense in that context.
    Hit a thesaurus, tried: branch, twig, wood, bough, limb, offshoot, arm, branchlet, outgrowth, shoot, spur, spray and sprig. Still no joy.

Garner said:
    Try doing 'II' and looking for whatever keyword it is.
    That was the first thing I tried, as mentioned earlier, nothing in inventory. 

I'm not the first, or probably even the 50th, person to be doing this. Anybody remember how this goes? Or did this work before and just bugged? 
    The Truths hurt. Always.
  • PuxiPuxi Posts: 495Member ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Uhhhhh, I can't remember exactly what it was but I do recall it being silly.
  • DaironDairon Posts: 292Member ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    @Klendathu - regarding the figurines for ship weapons. I emailed customisations@achaea.com to get my weapons done with iceless figurines. Dont know if thats possible with ingame commands. 
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United StatesPosts: 5,734Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    It has been years since I've had anything to do with things relating to High Clans, so in an effort to get caught up on any potential changes or have a better understanding, does anyone have information on the following matters?

- Can totems now be assigned to High Clans?
    - Can High Clans claim org assests such as clans, ships, shops?
       a) if so, is there a way to view these assets and their current condition and reclaim them if necessary (i.e. without needing to seek assistance via administration)?
    - Is it possible to set access to certain scrolls by rank?
    - Is it possible to have access to a specific rank maintained by clan dues?

Thank you for any information anyone feels willing to impart, whether here or via message.

• TysandrTysandr Posts: 410Member ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Has anyone noticed a marked change in the frequency of profitable seafaring trades? It was worth at least considering a trade once a week. I feel like it's certainly a lot less frequent than that now. Any thoughts?
    Nexus: Accents, Autotriggers, Dragon Talismans
    "As the child did... without the rope. Then fear will find you again."

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the StormPosts: 2,883Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited May 20
    Tysandr said:
    Has anyone noticed a marked change in the frequency of profitable seafaring trades? It was worth at least considering a trade once a week. I feel like it's certainly a lot less frequent than that now. Any thoughts?
    I've been tracking them since the beginning of April (missed two days in May due to having a few days away from Achaea for sanity):
    Reward Count
    Golden Gryphon 8
    25 bound credits 1
    Unmarked wooden crate 3
    Weapon ammunition 7
    Hollowed Skull 4
    5 bound credits 3
    Crew morale 13
    Black finned flare 5
    Crew experience 12
    75000gp 6
    a birdcage covered in a white cloth 3
    barrel of rum 9
    65000gp 4
    a seaworn pair of stone dice 2
    Striking sea captain's hat 6
    great Notic amulet 3
    Wicker basket containing a ginger kitten 4
    100000gp 1

None of the gold trades have been same harbour, and I've not included today's (20th May). Yesterday's 100k trade was good for me because I had three ships with cargo on, so I took the trade on all three and completed one, with a view to completing on the other two over the next couple of days.

The most demoralising days have been ones like 8th May:
    08-May-18 Thraasi Tasur'ke 6 tea Crew morale Ship
    08-May-18 Tasur'ke Tasur'ke 6 kawhe Crew morale Ship

Link to other thread discussing this in more detail.

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
    Tysandr
  • AntoniusAntonius Posts: 4,480Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    As somebody who doesn't do seafaring - and therefore doesn't do ship trades - why do people place such a high emphasis on "same harbour" trades?
  • DupreDupre M.Posts: 52Member ✭✭ - Stalwart
    It means you can "Accept" and "Complete" trades in just one harbor. So you can immediately complete like 3 or 4 trades in a row just sitting in one place, instead of having to sail back and forth between Thraasi and Tasurke
    https://www.achaea.com/banner/caiges.jpg
    Antonius said:
    As somebody who doesn't do seafaring - and therefore doesn't do ship trades - why do people place such a high emphasis on "same harbour" trades?
    For personal trades, an individual may only complete once per Serenade. However, they do not have to be the one who sails the cargo around. A canny sailor can fill their hold with multiple sets of cargo, do all of the sailing around to get the final cargo, then get third parties to accept and complete the trades. All trades start and end in either Thraasi or Tasur'ke. Because only one single trade can be active on a ship at any one time, if the trade is not same harbour, the sailor must get an individual to accept at one harbour, then wait for approximately 35 minutes while they sail to the other, then complete. Add in the extra cost of docking fees and the whole thing becomes much less profitable.

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • MathildaMathilda Posts: 828Member ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    Plus, same-harbour trades make it less likely that pirates can sink you and make the whole 3 hour trip pointless.
     <3 
  • PyoriPyori Posts: 509Member ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    edited May 20
    I swear whenever I went sailing with @Siduri our trips were barely even an hour long, let alone 3. And she did some pretty damn long ones. Where do people get this 3/4/5/6 hour nonsense from? do they afk a lot while sailing?

If you're going to Karbaz, I can see it being a 2 hour trip, but three? What are you sailing, a bathtub?

• MathildaMathilda Posts: 828Member ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    I only ever started sailing after the Big Sea Shrubbing, so I dunno how the travel times were back then when things weren't fixed, but most of my trips have ranged from 1-3 hours.
     <3 
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United StatesPosts: 5,734Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Often depends on where you're going, what route you're taking, and what the weather and wind conditions are like. Routes can play a big factor too, as some have more stops than others, and out of the way ports such as Karbaz. The experience of your ship crew can help a great deal as well.

• KietKiet Posts: 2,791Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited May 21
    I've never abused the shrubbing bug and I've never had trips take 3 hours unless we were taking a bunch of detours to get marques or fight people. I also skip Karbaz trades tho so maybe that's related lol.
  • AjocAjoc Posts: 48Member ✭✭ - Stalwart
    Karbaz doesn't take two hours, let alone three. Even with a couple detours. Assuming you're coming from Tasur'ke, too.
    Average time from Tasur'ke to Thraasi, just as an example, is about 20 minutes. About the same down to a place such as Orilla. I did one last night from Tasur'ke > Orilla > Zanizbaar > Minos > Umbin > Thraasi and I think it only took maybe 1.5 hours (I was also multi-tasking during, and in no particular rush).

• SiduriSiduri Posts: 1,480Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Pyori said:
    I swear whenever I went sailing with @Siduri our trips were barely even an hour long, let alone 3. And she did some pretty damn long ones. Where do people get this 3/4/5/6 hour nonsense from? do they afk a lot while sailing?
    It really depended on the routes. And the company on board. Having someone to talk to helped me focus on piloting, otherwise I tended to get distracted and slowed down a lot.

I can confirm some of the trips were 3 hour affairs, if you weren't abusing the fine writings of Homeport back then. If you were, that was maybe an hour or so since it saved the round trip.

• PyoriPyori Posts: 509Member ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Siduri said:
    Pyori said:
    It really depended on the routes. And the company on board. Having someone to talk to helped me focus on piloting, otherwise I tended to get distracted and slowed down a lot.

I can confirm some of the trips were 3 hour affairs, if you weren't abusing the fine writings of Homeport back then. If you were, that was maybe an hour or so since it saved the round trip.
    None of ours were!

• ExelethrilExelethril Posts: 3,221Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Is this a bug? My falcon was killed and when I falcon recalled, a russet one showed up. I didn't request one from a hatchery.

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
    Is this a bug? My falcon was killed and when I falcon recalled, a russet one showed up. I didn't request one from a hatchery.
    If you had an uncollared falcon that was killed, and you didn't have to physically go request a new one, then possible. Does it have default stats?

• JonathinJonathin Retirement hole.Posts: 3,287Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    That was the dead falcons mate/bff from sanctuary. It heard your whistle and the shared pain of loss drew it to you.

My site will remain up, but will not be maintained. The repository will continue to have scripts added to it if I decide to play another game. Maybe I'll see you around in Starmourn!
    Tutorials and scripts  The Repository

Sign In to Comment.