Ak Opponent Tracking

Comments

• ty austere
  • AustereAustere Tennessee
    Aegoth said:
    ty austere
    My very first release of ak, I forgot to include a key function, so it completely bricked on install. Might wanna hold off on the thanks! 
  • As someone who doesn't use your work, I still want to thank you. While it can be frustrating to some to go up against this level of tracking, you've ultimately made the entire combat scene more accessible to everyone. To me personally, that's a win. 
  • pre-emptive thanks for solving the issue!
  • Iohanna said:
    As someone who doesn't use your work, I still want to thank you. While it can be frustrating to some to go up against this level of tracking, you've ultimately made the entire combat scene more accessible to everyone. To me personally, that's a win. 
    ^This.

The time and effort put in by people like Austere for scripts like this is providing Achaea with ever evolving strategies, combat situations and increasing the fun factor for many. Yes, it might also annoy some, but the sheer fact that someone has gone to all this effort for free shows what a community we have. Larkin with ACP is the the only reason I stayed all those years ago, then the move to svo, and I can see this having a similar affect.

Nice one, dude.

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • Puxi said:
    @Austere I, for one, appreciate all the help, feedback and support you've given me since I've started playing here. You are a gem. 

Stay golden, Ponyboy.

• edited May 2018
    hrm, downloaded the new release. Installed it, changed all the settings and even added the name of my scimitars into the script. Did everything the instructions says, but it doesnt seem to want to track dwc hits. Its almost as if, it tracks everything up to the prompt on the hit where it should tell the system it has an aff, but the trigger never gets enabled or something

https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/wyEdeMJm

• Its something with the Confirmed Hit trigger, because I added the OppGainedAff() to my tracking and turned off AK triggers, and it was grabbing everything properly. I tried doing display(hitrelay) on the Confirmed Hit trigger and it wasn't displaying anything.

I'll check back on this when I log in again to check.

• This is awesome. I'm hesitant to completely update because I've modified the old version so much, but I will definitely be playing with this. Thanks for all your work!
    Kriex said:
    Its something with the Confirmed Hit trigger, because I added the OppGainedAff() to my tracking and turned off AK triggers, and it was grabbing everything properly. I tried doing display(hitrelay) on the Confirmed Hit trigger and it wasn't displaying anything.

I tried to look this over, and from the look of it you have a well enough rounded understanding of debugging that I hate to ask, but see if any errors are being thrown?

Make sure mudlet is updated to a version that supports "prompt" type triggers(not the lua hack around).  I highly recommend the latest version(though I'm running 3.8.1 still)

After a DSL completes, check the currentvenoms["a Scimitar of Hawks"] variable to see if it is being cleared.
  • Austere said:
    Kriex said:
    Its something with the Confirmed Hit trigger, because I added the OppGainedAff() to my tracking and turned off AK triggers, and it was grabbing everything properly. I tried doing display(hitrelay) on the Confirmed Hit trigger and it wasn't displaying anything.

I tried to look this over, and from the look of it you have a well enough rounded understanding of debugging that I hate to ask, but see if any errors are being thrown?

Make sure mudlet is updated to a version that supports "prompt" type triggers(not the lua hack around).  I highly recommend the latest version(though I'm running 3.8.1 still)

After a DSL completes, check the currentvenoms["a Scimitar of Hawks"] variable to see if it is being cleared.
    When i get home today I have an idea on how to fix it.  Also I am going to play around with your frozen aff capturing. It should be shivering first then frozen if they dont have caloric.  Meaning when they apply it should cure frozen. Then cure shivering and the afftracks.score.frozen = 0 should be caloric applied.  If they have calroic they should only get shivering on a nairat proc. So ill change those around and see what I get as well.  The log above shows it. He applied 3 times. 2 to cure frozen and 1 to apply caloric. Unlrss my unserstanding of curing frozen is off by a salve
    Kriex said:
    Austere said:
    Kriex said:

When i get home today I have an idea on how to fix it.  Also I am going to play around with your frozen aff capturing. It should be shivering first then frozen if they dont have caloric.  Meaning when they apply it should cure frozen. Then cure shivering and the afftracks.score.frozen = 0 should be caloric applied.  If they have calroic they should only get shivering on a nairat proc. So ill change those around and see what I get as well.  The log above shows it. He applied 3 times. 2 to cure frozen and 1 to apply caloric. Unlrss my unserstanding of curing frozen is off by a salve
    Nairat logic updated.

I cannot replicate DSL's failure to track, even on a completely blank mudlet profile.
    Austere said:
    Kriex said:
    Austere said:
    Kriex said:

Nairat logic updated.

I cannot replicate DSL's failure to track, even on a completely blank mudlet profile.
    Salve logic accounts for preapply, which is why you were getting double frozen cures on a single apply of caloric(it was pulling the unknown salve apply from your previous attack). This issue with this is you can't really reapply caloric.  This has also been fixed
  • Austere said:
    Kriex said:
    Austere said:
    Kriex said:

Nairat logic updated.

It might be on my end. I have the old ak that i rebuilt into my own system that changed a lot of the name spaces and weapon hit echos and everything. Ill look at it again tonight and report back.
  • edited May 2018
    @Austere yeah it is something on my end, just loaded a new profile blank, and it worked fine. Not sure. I'll have to go through my code and peel some stuff out or just redo everything

Everything else looks amazing though, thank you!!!!!!!!
  • Thanks Austere
  • edited May 2018
    Here is my simplified copy I have been working on. This has updated code all over and I removed the stacks and offense scripting. I think it works but I'm not going to continue working on it since Austere is back. Unfortunately, since we had no timeline on when the new version was going to be released I thought I could resurrect it but it seems that's not really necessary. Thanks for your continued contributions, @Austere.

6.3:

--Cleaned up the dstab trigger a little bit(Removed my example lines).
    --Removed a lot of personal Gui code(Yay, streamlining).
    --Cleaned up Apostate code slightly(still accepting criticism on this front)
    --Cleaned up Echo code for add aff/lost aff.
    --Applied Nairat logic to Deepfreeze.
  • your 'oprompt Svo Script' should be:
    if svo then 
      function svo.ml_oprompt()
        promptset = promptset or {}
        if not target then 
           return "" 
        elseif #promptset > 0 then
           return ("["..table.concat(promptset, ", ").."]")
        else
           return ""
        end
      end

svo.adddefinition("@ml_oprompt", "svo.ml_oprompt()")
    end
    and 'oprompt Wys Script':
    if wsys then
      function wsys.prompttags.owysprompt()
        if not target then 
           return "" 
        elseif #promptset > 0 and not ak.disableAllEchos then
           return (ak.prompt.default.."["..table.concat(promptset, ", ").."<yellow>]")
        else
           return ""
        end
      end
    end
    have you considered putting this on git if you want others to help? It would be easier then putting code snippets here on the forum.

Brenex said:
    your 'oprompt Svo Script' should be:
    if svo then 
      function svo.ml_oprompt()
        if not target then 
           return "" 
        elseif #promptset > 0 then
           return ("["..table.concat(promptset, ", ").."]")
        else
           return ""
        end
      end

svo.adddefinition("@ml_oprompt", "svo.ml_oprompt()")
    end
    and 'oprompt Wys Script':
    if wsys then
      function wsys.prompttags.owysprompt()
        if not target then 
           return "" 
        elseif #promptset > 0 and not ak.disableAllEchos then
           return (ak.prompt.default.."["..table.concat(promptset, ", ").."<yellow>]")
        else
           return ""
        end
      end
    end
    have you considered putting this on git if you want others to help? It would be easier then putting code snippets here on the forum.
    This works fine if Wsys or Svo load before AK, but I've found expecting people to reorder their script files every time they update one of them to be asking a bit much. As it stands, I haven't found any major hiccups with doing it this way.

I have considered git, and this was my original goal until I found I could sync my dropbox with modules.  You're welcome to PM me snippets(or github advice) if you like. 
  • edited May 2018
    Austere said:
    This works fine if Wsys or Svo load before AK, but I've found expecting people to reorder their script files every time they update one of them to be asking a bit much. As it stands, I haven't found any major hiccups with doing it this way.
    yea, I realize the correct method would be to have the if statement within the function instead of outside the function.

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Austere said:
    I have considered git, and this was my original goal until I found I could sync my dropbox with modules.  You're welcome to PM me snippets(or github advice) if you like. 
    I sync my modules to my local Git folders, then upload changes as and when. The advantage to putting something on Git is the collaborative aspect - others can fork your repository and make changes, you can then review and include them if you wish. This is working very successfully for the mudlet-mapper script, and I'd be happy to chip in here and there with AK if it were on Git :)

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • I might be missing something really easy, but how do I get the settings to save without restarting mudlet? I found when I add my name to the movement keys setting 
    ak.MovementKeys = ak.MovementKeys or {"Zekeros"}--add yourself here to allow num key movement

and after I hit save it doesn't change to my name? It's the same for the noDisplay setting too

Zekeros said:
    I might be missing something really easy, but how do I get the settings to save without restarting mudlet? I found when I add my name to the movement keys setting 
    ak.MovementKeys = ak.MovementKeys or {"Zekeros"}--add yourself here to allow num key movement

and after I hit save it doesn't change to my name? It's the same for the noDisplay setting too

The top line in osettings is a return so that you can have multiple copies of that script(updates) without overwriting your personal settings. I suggest removing the return line and dragging that script outside of ak so that changes are real time vs onload. The line in question should be commented. 
  • Could use some help on integrating this into the system: 

Kythra eats a plumbum flake.
    Lucidity returns to the eyes of Kythra. 

When she eats the plumbum the system will apply it to all plumbum afflictions, but the second line indicates that shadowmadness was cured. It is the same for touching tree, passive cures, etc.  Anyway to back track it to ensure the other plumbum affs are not affected? 

Thanks!
  • Make a multiline trigger yo
  • Yeah I got that...and its easy to make it cure the Shadowmadness without hitting the other affs, the real issue is to keep it from affecting shadowmadness when they eat plumblum and there is no second message
    I thought I fixed this..

Going off Aegoth's suggestion, you could just remove shadowmadness from curing pools, and check the next line on all plumbing eats before processing. Could do the same for all other cures relatively easy. 
  • There are two ways that I know of to deal with this and similar issues (and probably more that I don't know of), I don't know AK itself so not sure which is easier to implement: 

Multiline: 
    1. ^(\w+) eats (?:a|an|some) (.*).$ Perl Regex
    2. prompt

this means that the cure method will only fire if the line immediately after the eat is a prompt, so then if shadowmadness is cured on the eat it wont fire, and you make a second trigger for the shadowmadness cure that you can track directly

add/remove:
    first trigger: ^(\w+) eats (?:a|an|some) (.*).$ Perl Regex

in the code add to a table that they've eaten

second trigger: the shadowmadness cure
    if table.contains(curemethods, "plubnum") then
     removecure plubnum
     addcure shadowmadness

third trigger: prompt
    process the cures in the table, and clear the table

this means that when you see the eat, you add to the table that they ate plubnum, if you get the cure message for shadowmadness you remove it and add shadowmadness and all actual updating to the tracking itself is done on the prompt line, and then you clear the table after that and start over for the next cure.

Dunn tells you, "I hate you."
    (Party): You say, "Bad plan coming right up."