Parcels

SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
The parcel option for postage seems sadly underutilised and not very functional. At the moment anybody wishing to send items have the following options:

Letter - 5 items for 100 gold (or free from kits). Writeable / Sealable
Small Parcel - 10 items for 200 gold. Not writeable or sealable.
Large Parcel - 20 items for 400 gold. Not writeable or sealable.

As someone who does a lot of business in delivery, ultimately my choice for postage is:

Pack in letter - Up to 250 items (5 packs in 1 letter) at 100 gold (or free in my case) + additional gold 100 for each pack. Plus I can write a note/receipt along with it.

Under those circumstances, why would anyone ever use a parcel? I often get bulk orders going on 30-50 non-groupable items, which makes the parcels useless to me.

If possible, I propose the following changes:

1. Raise the capacity of the small and large parcels at least to 25 items for 200 gold and 60 items for 400 gold respectively. More would be better, but this way there is a sort of discount incentive when sending in bulk. 
  2. Allow parcels to be sealed, so their sender isn't debatably anonymous.
  3. OPTIONAL: Allow the sender to write a short note on the parcel, about 140 characters (The old Twitter limit >_> ) That would be especially useful if you need to send more than 1 parcel so you can label them 1/2 and 2/2, or even just a 'lots of love, mum'. It will look nice on letterlist.

Of course it's still not as much as a pack in a letter, but just maybe it might induce people to consider parcels more as a one-stop option (especially for those with the whistle artefact).

Comments

• EllodinEllodin Hawaii
    Agreed. With added functionality, also want a way to customise parcel generation as a whistle owner. Unless I just don't want to walk to a place that sells canvas backpacks, parcels are more expensive, have less capacity, and are less customisable.
    And as he slept he dreamed a dream, and this was his dream.
  • Wtf is a parcel. I didn't know these existed.
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    edited May 2018
    They were introduced like RL years ago, because people requested more postage options. But as you can see, the options that were introduced didn't suit anyone's needs so nobody bothered using them after that. I guess, the thought was appreciated, but the actual implementation less so?

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    I just put stuff in present;push present person 
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    Yes but that's a promo item. I know like maybe a handful of people who have that item.

We're talking about a service that's available to the general public as a whole.

• KayeilKayeil Washington State
    I actually use parcels all the time and put them in letters a lot, but am probably in the minority on that. I do very much agree with your ideas, though. Larger capacity, plus a name and even a short message would be a wonderful addition.
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

• I remember when I had to be sending out a lot of items so constantly had tons of canvas backpacks for just that purpose.
  • I've used parcels many times and I always found it weird that if I wanted to mail bulk but also wanted a message to accompany it, I had to fill a parcel and attach it to a written letter.

Having the ability to write a note with a parcel would be great!
  • JurixeJurixe Where you least expect it
    I would like the ability to seal a parcel with my signet ring too, thanks.
    If you like my stories, you can find them here:
    Stories by Jurixe and Stories by Jurixe 2 

Interested in joining a Discord about Achaean RP? Want to comment on RP topics or have RP questions? Check the Achaean RP Resource out here: https://discord.gg/Vbb9Zfs

• KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    Kyrra said:
    I just put stuff in present;push present person 
    I forgot I even had one of those until just now.

I think parcels should allow for more items, but that also if that's going to be the case perhaps letters should have some constraints in regards to item weight/size.

• @Kresslack Imagine doing a size/weight limit would require a complete overhaul of the container system.