Leases and Warehousing!

Comments

• All the back and forth aside, the despawning of lodes that haven't been touched is awesome.

Thanks @Makarios <3
  • To anyone who suggests that miners are not willing to share numbers and info, scroll up. I literally posted a formula that explains a lot of it.
  • @Makarios, does someone have to pay the minimum for their lease if there are no comms in it? Ie 5 month lease, 5k comms, 5k gold fee. 0 comms in the space, do they still have to pay the 5k?
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    Quick question!

@Makarios or anyone else, any way we could get lease profits added into city revlogs? Please and thank you!
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • Nooo, you don't need to know how much I'm making!!
  • I mean the city is making!!
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    Proficy said:
    Nooo, you don't need to know how much I'm making!!
    Proficy said:
    I mean the city is making!!
    Don't make me get out the stick, mister.

Also, I guess it would make more sense for it to be in trade logs vs rev logs, now that I think about it. Or maybe both. Just logged, somewhere!
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • @Makarios Is there anyway we can cancel a lease once it's been created but not sealed?
  • Make blacksmiths have to constantly refine their trade to maintain their legendary status/current skill status etc.
    Make damaged rooms require comms to fix.
    Make cities require commodities that can only be gained by trading other commodities (less used comms considered worthless traded with some random village that creates some magical shit for cities or something).
    Make items decay quicker and require fixing by a blacksmith (can count towards the blacksmith honing their trade).
    Make city allied villages request commodities (not sure if this already exists?)

I am not sure what I'm commenting on. I was going to try mining but was told you need a shit load of gold to get involved and just gave up.
  • I think last count was around 15m to get legendary using the most efficient descriptors. YMMV due to cm prices.
  • Lii said:
    @Makarios Is there anyway we can cancel a lease once it's been created but not sealed?

You can currently repurpose, but I can look into adding a scrap command for unsealed leases. I don't see any issues with that.

• You guys are missing something, the admins said no raiding warehouses,not markets. Also,    war system means soldiers means equipping and maintaining soldiers. If this is building to a war system, comms will be going fast. They most likely expect us to use all the extras to get started. 
  • Since it's not really clear to me, does this only apply to commodities?  I know on the first page it was said it won't apply to herbs or minerals, but are reagents and ingredients counted as commodities here? 

I'd assume it's meant to only apply to things in the commodities category in the rift that can be sold on the commodity market, but I'd rather it be confirmed.
  • BronislavBronislav Maryland
    edited May 2018
    I hate to say it, but my enthusiasm for mining has just been ground down to nil. And it sucks, because I was there from the beginning, and I have all of the shinies. Between the modifications since its inception, the nerfing of the profit margin into oblivion (I know why, I know that it's necessary, but I don't have to like it), the stagnation of the commodity market, and now the storage space charging us to store commodities lest they turn into dust, the whole activity of mining has turned into a colossal "meh".

I want this to work. I want mining to suck less. I want to think that the changes are going to make it great again - but I've been disappointed too often with mining for me to invest any more effort into it.

I really hope this works out. :disappointed:

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Assuming a decay time is to be added to commodities, how will that be affected by grouping - will the entire group take on the longest decay time / shortest decay time / calculated mean decay time - or will commodities only be groupable if they have the same decay time remaining?

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • edited May 2018
    NVM, it would help if I read Help Leases!
  • Is it close enough now for some spoilers to be released???
  • I need something to tell people, everyone asks me like I know what's going to come up!

The made up rumors are going to start emerging!
  • I heard you needed a warehouse to be able to store your room credits in.
  • I heard that cities are going to have to use comms to repair rooms.

Also that destroying rooms is going to give the attacking city comms from the pillage and destruction left behind.
  • Proficy said:
    I need something to tell people, everyone asks me like I know what's going to come up!

The made up rumors are going to start emerging!
    You sounded so confident too! Dammit!  :/
  • Haha, guilty as charged. Time is running out, admin, git on it!!
    Give us -real- shop logs! Not another misinterpretation of features we ask for, turned into something that either doesn't help at all, or doesn't remotely resemble what we wanted to begin with.

Thanks!

Current position of some of the playerbase, instead of expressing a desire to fix problems:

Vhaynna: "Honest question - if you don't like Achaea or the current admin, why do you even bother playing?"

• What was the question? I'm not seeing the one people want answers to.
  • Why do kids love the taste of cinnamon toast crunch?
    Why does a brown cow give white milk when it only eats green grass?

I think what people want to know is: What is the imminent change happening to comms that will force people to use warehousing? Will they have a decay timer, or something else? If something else, what?

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • edited June 2018
    Klendathu said:
    Why does a brown cow give white milk when it only eats green grass?

Green is actually white + brown, and what happens is that when a cow eats grass, it extracts out all the brown that gets deposited in its skin; the remainder is then white, which is what colours the milk.
    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

• Milk is a conspiracy. No such thing as milk. Only jizz. Lots of jizz.
    Tahquil said:
    Milk is a conspiracy. No such thing as milk. Only jizz. Lots of jizz.
    Pro-tip: you're 'milking' a bull

• No, there are 4 yank holds. Maybe this is a bull-echidna hybrid.

-Just Australian things-